It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tina Brown: Obama "Would Be Impeached By Now on Drones" If He Were Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It looks like liberal hypocrisy is becoming too heavy of a burden to bear when it comes to Obama. You have the NY Times talking about taxes going up and parallels between Bush and Obama and now this with Tina Brown.

Obama and his Drone strikes are killing innocent children. Also, the way he has Holder expanding who can be hit by these drone strikes is disturbing.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, aside from what the other thread in Breaking Alternative News is covering on the same headline here, I'd just say this.

Bush is a former President. He's been a former President now for over 4 years. Obama is a second term sitting President whose decisions and policy attitude still do matter and still mean life and death for people all over the world....unlike Bush.

I'd say what it may or may not be like compared to a former office holder is irrelevant and getting more and more so with each passing day that puts it further into the past. It'd be nice if the media and oversight focused half as much on who IS holding the office now than who USED to hold it years ago. Of course that might mean holding this man accountable and that's not 'correct' for some reason these days. Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

What liberal hypocrisy? Bill Maher is a pretty vocal proponent of liberalism. Yet he says this:

"The Obama administration has been heavily targeting whistle blowers...
True.

The Democrats... their view on Obama seems to be, God what he does would be awful if he was a Republican."

Here's the most ironic part of your attempt to slam liberals. The people that have been most vocal on whistle blowing, drone warfare, the NDAA etc. have been liberals and the Left. YET, the people with the most power to do something... the House of Representatives which is majority Republican are doing NOTHING. The people that actually can start the impeachment process aren't. But sure take the easy road and don't think too hard, gotta vent it out somehow right? Who cares if you're venting in the wrong direction as long as YOU are satisfied.

ETA: And for another poster to State that Bush has decreasing relevance is absurd, that is not to be taken as absolution of Obama, his administration or the Democrats, as much of what is being done now, is the result of post 9/11 Policy which was enacted under Bush. Much of new Policy is built on Policies of Bush. Presidential terms don't exist in vacuums, they have long lasting effects.

We're still feeling Policy from day 1, from the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's... we are still strongly feeling the effects of Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, and most of all Bush 2... and Obama we will be feeling for a very long time.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah I say its hypocrisy:

That's part of what makes us special as Americans, Unlike the old empires,we don't make those sacrifices for terrorirty or for resources. We do it because its right.

Obama to soldiers returning from Iraq Nov 2011.

stpeteforpeace.org...

CNN) -- Covert drone strikes are one of President Obama's key national security policies. He has already authorized 283 strikes in Pakistan, six times more than the number during President George W. Bush's eight years in office.

www.cnn.com...

Where are all the people screaming "obama lied and people died" ??????

Obama's drone campaign is quite controversial: Some claim that a substantial number of civilians are killed in the attacks, while U.S. government officials assert that the civilian casualty rate is now zero.

Well now that's a lie.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What liberal hypocrisy???

The fact that you even said this shows the blinding effect of politics. Yes, there's big liberal hypocrisy when it comes to Obama. Just like there was Republican hypocrisy under Bush.

NEWSFLASH

There's hypocrisy in politics from both republicans and democrats.

So yes it's hypocrisy because if a Republican did the same thing the liberals would be screaming for impeachment. They wanted the impeachment of AG Gonzalez because they said he gave Bush legal cover to waterboard which happened to 3 terrorist and none of them are dead. Holder is doing the same thing with Obama when it comes to Drone strikes and you don't hear the hue and cry from liberals.

So, I hate to shatter your world but there's hypocrisy from both sides.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Where's FOX then too? Why aren't they talking about anything but Benghazi which will go nowhere? Why aren't they saying that the House should start impeachment proceedings based on the NDAA, Drone Strikes, Kill Lists etc...

There are people screaming, it's not their fault you don't know they exist because you don't know how to look beyond the MSM, to know. There's even threads here about them or mentioning them, but you don't look because you don't like the posters.

Michael Moore is speaking out against Obama
Chris Hedges
Noam Chomsky
Alexa O'brien
Tangerine Boline
Daniel Ellsberg
Occupy
CODEPINK
The Young Turks having very critical of Obama conversations
Democracy Now having very critical of Obama conversations
Jon Stewart
Stephen Colbert

But really the most hypocrisy is coming from our elected officials... Democrats and Republicans both.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think this is a good discussion on the inconsistencies in criticism of the parties.

The bias in the media is apparent.

The bias in congress is apparent.

Obama is seemingly untouchable. Unemployment is still high, yet no discussion on it. The economy is faltering, yet o discussion on it. Our homeless problem is increasing, yet no discussion on it. Our foreign policy is failing, yet no discussion on it.

We're divided on guns.

Obama is drone-happy.

The war in Afghanistan is faltering.

The next war in Africa is warming up.

Sequestration is being fought against.

Why is Obama getting a pass? It seems like Fox News, ATS, and a few conservative sites are the only places that dare criticize the president.

Would Bush have gotten a pass on all of this? NO! Hell, people are still blaming him for the trouble America is in now!

It's really time to take the partisan blinders off, people. Take a hard look at what is being defended. And at what cost.
edit on 11-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why is Obama getting a pass? It seems like Fox News, ATS, and a few conservative sites are the only places that dare criticize the president.

That's a bunch of nonsense, is it Conservatives suing the President? Is it Conservatives getting arrested protesting?
Open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I think this is a good discussion on the inconsistencies in criticism of the parties.

The bias in the media is apparent.

The bias in congress is apparent.

Obama is seemingly untouchable. Unemployment is still high, yet no discussion on it. The economy is faltering, yet o discussion on it. Our homeless problem is increasing, yet no discussion on it. Our foreign policy is failing, yet no discussion on it.

We're divided on guns.

Obama is drone-happy.

The war in Afghanistan is faltering.

The next war in Africa is warming up.

Sequestration is being fought against.

Would Bush have gotten a pass on all of this? NO! Hell, people are still blaming him for the trouble America is in now!

It's really time to take the partisan blinders off, people. Take a hard look at what is being defended. And at what cost.
edit on 11-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Excellent post.

When a person can't see hypocrisy coming from a liberals if they're liberal or a conservative politician if there a conservative, then they really have blinders on.
edit on 11-2-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

That's a bunch of nonsense, is it Conservatives suing the President? Is it Conservatives getting arrested protesting?
Open your eyes.

My eyes are open.
There are "token" comments made to maintain the illusion of non-partisanship among some. But overall, "criticism" is brought up to in the form of hyperbole to provide a back--handed defense for Obama.

I hear so much of "Obama is just a puppet being forced to do X, Y, Z."

Yet whatever Bush did was still HIS fault!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

But really the most hypocrisy is coming from our elected officials... Democrats and Republicans both.

No the most hypocrisy is coming from the guy going around killing people, and spending us off the "fiscal cliff".

The most hyprocisy comes from that guy who calls hiimself liberal with peoples money,their guns, and their lives, and tells us all "that constitution doesn't mean what you think it means".

The Buck stops with Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

More nonsense.
Take a look at the coverage Democracy Now has been putting out. There's no shortage of taking Obama to task.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes it does no one is denying that.
Man......

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So you're using a clip in which liberal Bill Maher calls out Obama and the Democrats to state that liberals are being hypocrites?

Gotcha.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I definitely think some have the blinders on.

For every single injustice perpetrated by Bush, Obama has gone a step again beyond what Bush did. Yet Obama gets barely a mention, even though Bush was shamelessly roasted over the coals and still is today.

Wake up, Obama is every bit as bad as Bush in every way, and even worse in many more.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Thats the main difference, Liberacrats will point at whoever is doing the wrong, whether they are on the same team or opposing team... while Republicons will only point at the opposite party while hiding their nasties.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Thanks lol. I do think there's definitely some liberals/democrats in media who have blinders on but from where I'm sitting... I have never seen the amount of questioning, demanding, and general WTFishness coming from a base against their (typically) own party as I'm seeing now.

ETA these conservatives do themselves a great disservice by pretending we don't exist, pretending there isn't a GIANT rift forming between Democrats, Liberals and Leftists.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

So you're using a clip in which liberal Bill Maher calls out Obama and the Democrats to state that liberals are being hypocrites?

Gotcha.

This makes zero sense.

There were Republicans who talked about spending under Bush but they were hypocrites because if the same spending happened with a Democrat that Republican would be screaming about spending.

Bill Maher is a hypocrite of the 1st order. Do you think he's hard on Obama the same as he was on Bush? If Bush was dropping drones like Obama and then having Holder give him legal cover to broaden the scope of these attacks, that Bill Maher would treat Bush like he does Obama?

Again, this is silly. When people can't see the blatant hypocrisy coming from liberals if they're liberal or conservatives if there conservative then their blind.

If this was Bush sending out the drones and Bush had Gonzalez give him legal cover to expand his reach, Maher would be calling Bush everything but a child of God week after week. When Gonzalez gave Bush legal cover to waterboard, liberals went nuts and asked for his impeachment. In hindsight, 3 terrorist were waterboarded and none of them died. With Obama people are dying and now Holder has given Obama legal cover to go after American if their "associated" with AQ.

You sound like a liberal that loves the dear leader but no Politician should be covered for like they do Obama and it's mainly because he's black. This truly makes me sick as a black man.

To me all Politicians are corrupt because of their power. Luckily, we have a Constitution that binds their hands. So when I hear Obama say the Constitution is fundamentally flawed and that it's a charter of negative liberties, red flags are raised.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Sigh....
I'm not Liberal, I'm Left and very outspoken against Obama as are many Leftists as well as Liberals. In fact it seems we are more outspoken than any Conservative groups or media, well besides FOX that makes BS 24/7. It was us raising hell under Bush, and it's us again under Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Where are the liberals calling for Eric Holders impeachment for giving Obama cover on these drone strikes?

Liberals called for Alberto Gonzalez to be impeached because he gave legal cover to Bush to waterboard terrorist. 3 terrorist were waterboarded and none of them died, yet you called for Gonzalez to be impeached. With Drone strikes children die, yet we don't hear the liberal hue and cry for Holders impeachment.

Why is that? Could it be liberal hypocrisy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join