It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New site shows all pirated items from torrents!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

New site shows all pirated items from torrents!

scaneye.pl

OUR MISSION
ScanEye project and the Laboratorium are created for anti-piracy purposes.

WE SUPPORT
Enabling an access to ScanEye resources is a way of supporting the copyright companies in the battle against the internet piracy.

WE MAKE AWARE
ScanEye also runs a website www.pobralem.pl. Where a user of the Internet, that enters the site can receive information on pirated content downloaded from the IP address he’s using.

REMEMBER
Promote this page by film distributors by appending it to the anti-piracy campaign can increase awareness of network users and reduce software piracy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/2/13 by Phatdamage because: update title

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow,

This is scary, personnly and quite happy I don't download from torrent sites,
But this company log all you download history and files, if this is what a free website does, what are the goverment keeping on us, its very scary that you can see all download history from torrent sites,

The internet is not as secure as we realise, and this info and site should be very well known,

Mods, if its in the wrong place please move

scaneye.pl
(visit the link for the full news article)

pobralem.pl
edit on 11/2/13 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Walking a very fine line here. I just visited the site and it did show my correct IP and ISP information, but it was way, way, way, way off from being accurate regarding anything else.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Walking a very fine line here. I just visited the site and it did show my correct IP and ISP information, but it was way, way, way, way off from being accurate regarding anything else.

~Heff

Relief, and just to be sure, everyone should use browsers that don't record your IP address

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It doesn't have any information on my IP. Is that a good thing?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

Looks like I've been doing everything right because they have no information about my IP address.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Agreed.

But...this is wrong.

I expect the internet will take care of this on it's own terms.

The denizens of the www do not like to be tracked like that. At the very least they'd like to imagine it's hard.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And if you visit this website with its very badly worded explanation of what it does you deserve everything that infects your computer.

Use some common sense people!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Its not accurate (even close) although it did detect 1 torrent I did in fact download it seems to have missed the other thousand or so. =P

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

Thanks Heff, I was told about this site today from our IT guy, they used it to prove one of thw staff were using it to download films on a work PC (he was a knob, but got sacked for it)

This is worrying, maybe it works better with different ISP's?

Please move if its in the wrong place.....

link   

How is this news? Of course all pirated items are from torrents. Torrenting is far superior than any P2P program but of course the US does all it can to shut down P2P programs and torrents is next on their list. In my opinion, why bother downloading TV shows and movies via torrents when you can just as easily stream all of them via websites?

There is nothing secure about the internet, maybe save using TOR.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by nolabel
And if you visit this website with its very badly worded explanation of what it does you deserve everything that infects your computer.

Use some common sense people!

No, its valid. I read about and saw this before (linked from a torrent news site)- I agree with your advice but this particular site is legit.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm digging a bit right now, but I am wondering if this site isn't a bit of a trick - looking for torrent magnet files rather than any ISP history or IP capture from actual transfers.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
It doesn't have any information on my IP. Is that a good thing?

Yes

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Because it was linked from a torrent site it's legit?
Get real! Show me a more reliable source please....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
100 bucks says that its funded by the MPAA/RIAA and or their lawyers.

btw, the information isnt always accurate, since im using my mobile hotspot to connect with, Im using an IP addy that has been passed around like a cheap whore, its showing that to have downloaded several things that I never wouldve downloaded.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolabel
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Because it was linked from a torrent site it's legit?
Get real! Show me a more reliable source please....

I didnt say "torrent site" I said Torrent NEWS site. I am not worried about showing you any source (reliable or otherwise) but this particular site is frequented by Pirates, hacker and folks who know a whole lot more about tech issues than your average conspiracy site browser- The Fact is, the news story is still up (with thousands of comments) and it is a safe and legit site or SOMEONE would have (by now) figured this out (including the staff who runs the news site)

Google is your friend also, google the site and see what comes up for your "reliable source" since this has also been covered in fairly mainstream tech news websites.

Its not my job to provide you with anything but my opinion and if you question that and feel you are not required to check things out for yourself (like simply googling the site) than live in ignorance- I am also pretty tech savvy myself and work in IT and forum Administration - I dont plan on proving that either as my sucky job is my problem and my problem alone =P

Anyone honestly worried about this- VPN/seedbox is the way to go right now but there is new edit:tech :to allow anonymity while torrenting which could potentially be on the horizon...But $5- $10/month is well worth a VPN.
edit on 11-2-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: to add a word i skipped

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

btw, the information isnt always accurate, since im using my mobile hotspot to connect with, Im using an IP addy that has been passed around like a cheap whore, its showing that to have downloaded several things that I never wouldve downloaded.

You may not be far off the mark. For me, they are being blocked as being part of "TASK Academic Computer Center", and this is what I get:

Academic Computer Centre TASK - Some Polish computing center I'm not sure why is flagged as of yet

Any other ideas / more research appreciated. It's late here =b
edit on 11-2-2013 by Philippines because: formatting

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

You may not be far off the mark. For me, they are being blocked as being part of "TASK Academic Computer Center", and this is what I get:

Academic Computer Centre TASK/url] - Some Polish computing center I'm not sure why is flagged as of yet

kk here

[url=http://]http://lifehacker.com/5934411/scaneye-knows-what-youve-been-torrenting-is-a-good-reminder-to-beef-up-your-privacy

torrentfreak.com...- Second story down talks about how scaneye was used to bust the FBI agents torrenting movies

-There is more but that is a good start

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by Philippines

Academic Computer Centre TASK/url] - Some Polish computing center I'm not sure why is flagged as of yet

kk here

[url=http://]http://lifehacker.com/5934411/scaneye-knows-what-youve-been-torrenting-is-a-good-reminder-to-beef-up-your-privacy

torrentfreak.com...- Second story down talks about how scaneye was used to bust the FBI agents torrenting movies

-There is more but that is a good start

Thanks, I will look into this more later. I have been trying to keep up my privacy much more.

I am happy to be behind a NAT IP address for many thousands of people, in the middle of nowhere, with little to no law for IP infringement. Although that is a terrible practice I have no part of! (Yet the country openly sells pirated discs in front of police)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join