It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tina Brown: Bush would have been impeached by now over Obama drone policy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Nobody is impeaching anybody. Impeachment would set a precedent. You bust the other party's guy then when the other party gets in power they will bust your guy. Quid pro quo. So, it ain't happening.

So instead each side just blows lots of hot air and gets the masses fighting against each other.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I doubt it.. Do you really understand how hard it is to impeach a president, especially with the senate or house in your parties favor?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
spare me

in the 2 party sytem, you need control of both houses to impeach

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It is brilliant what has happened in this country over the last decade. Bush gets to massively degrade our civil liberties thanks to 9/11. His administration takes things as far as they can. So far that the public starts objecting. Finally.

But they're not done. And they're not gonna give up. So, instead of continuing with the Republicans, they find a Democrat puppet who Liberals will support no matter what he does. Sure, he's got no experience. He's just a state senator when they find him.

But some teleprompter training. A speech at the 04 convention. A few ancient Madison Avenue tricks. And he's transformed into the greatest thing since the invention of things.

He gets elected. Continues with the agenda. As expected liberals go along with everything. Republicans have been discredited so they have no power to stop him.

And, shockingly, even on a place like ATS people think a real change of power occurred. And that "their guy" won or lost. Sorry, Charlie, you don't have a guy. You've been duped, bamboozled, and hoodwinked, as Malcolm X once said. And most Americans not only didn't see it happen, they helped it go down.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
spare me

in the 2 party sytem, you need control of both houses to impeach

Actually, no. That's a common misconception that I thought would have been cleared up by Clinton. (Bill, not Hillary)

Bill Clinton WAS Impeached. ....to the extent that matters. Impeachment is like a criminal indictment. That is done by the House, From the House and for referral to the Senate. In the Senate is where the Trial takes place and after being Impeached, it's where Bill Clinton's case was found lacking for evidence and adjudicated, according to the process.

So, actually, the House of Representatives CAN impeach Obama if they believe they have cause....it'll just likely die in the Senate. Afterward? A Republican would be lucky to get a democrat to hold an elevator door again, anywhere in D.C.. It wouldn't be worth it...but it could be done in legal theory.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Obama is a worst than bush ten folds. The NDAA is the patriot act on steroids. Hello Obama's kill list?? U can't make this up. Bush had to go through congress for war. Obama just declares war by himself, he doesn't even need a declaration of war approved by congress. He is by far the most unconstitutional president ever.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

There is no right and left.its called divided and conquer.its fake.wake up.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
That's true, especially on top of what he'd already done and it was in his 2nd term. Obama is no worse than Bush really, but he's definitely no better. The problem is that people are afraid not to like him. People don't want to be labeled a racist.

As silly as that sounds, it's true. President Obama is the first American president of a different ethnic group, it also helps that he's African American, people are still excited about that (it's kind of a big deal) so they are afraid to admit that he's a bad president. This gives him a little more leeway than President Bush had, there were no racial repercussions from not liking Bush.

It's odd to me that President Clinton was impeached over an affair, but neither Bush or Obama get impeached for doing things that were way worse.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by planefixer

Originally posted by smurfy
GW went beserk with drone attacks in his last year as POTUS, Tina talks the Brown stuff. Besides GW hasn't been impeached for anything...yet. Besides, it's very difficult to impeach an idiot just because he's an idiot.

You know your an idiot when there is A WHOLE BOOK OF IDIOTIC QUOTES from GW...I have that book and it is very amusing.lol

Yeah you can look up lists of stupid things that Clinton said, and the same goes for Obama, but Bush Jr was in a class all his own. No contest. If Bush Jr wasn't impeached I don't know what kind of spectacular world ending meltdown would cause any PotUS to be impeached. The ghost of Richard Nixon must feel extremely bitter and persecuted, watching Bush Jr ride off into the sunset like he has so far.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticStrummer

You are right on. Short of opening fire on a joint session of the Congress, Dubya couldn't be touched.

He ignored 19 congressional subpoenas!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Obama knows that no matter what he does to the country or any other country for that matter, he will just like Bush, get away with it. "Impeachment" isn't even a threat to these people anymore, and is no more than a word filled with false hope that gets thrown out there for the sheeple to grasp onto whenever they start losing faith in government.
I personally believe G.W.Bush was worse than Obama is so far, yet he didn't even come close to facing impeachment. As long as Obama keeps his mouth shut regarding those who actually run the country, he will remain safe from any form of criminal prosecution, or even "forced retirement".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join