It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Killed During the Filming of Reality Show called "Untitled Military Project"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I first read about this and thought it was a little strange that the name of the reality show they were filming is "Untitled Military Project". But now that the victims were identified I think it would be even stranger if it turns out that one of them was a former elite Special Forces Army officer.

Hey what can I say..I'm a conspiracy theorist, I can't help it.

Helicopter crash puts spotlight on safety of reality TV shows

Sunday's incident occurred during production of a reality TV show called "Untitled Military Project" for the Discovery Channel, according to a permit filed with FilmL.A. Inc., which had granted permission to film a helicopter landing and takeoff at the site from 5 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday.

Three Killed During Discovery Channel Reality Show Filming

All three victims of the helicopter crash have now been officially identified: pilot David Gibbs, 59, of Valencia; cameraman Darren Rydstrom, 45, of Whittier; and cast member Michael Donatelli, 45, of Indiana. Donatelli’s background is unclear, though there is a former elite Special Forces Army officer-turned-private contractor by that name listed in Indiana.

edit on 11-2-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

I actually heard about this yesterday. R.I.P.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It was only a question of time, IMO. Shows like Fear Factor and the military contest types have been pushing HARD on the envelope of safety for awhile now. Eventually they were going to mis-step and fall right off the wire. Sadly, it sounds like it's happened too. This is out near where Vic Morrow was killed in another Helicopter accident, if anyone recalls that from a long time ago.

For reference, here is a web ad for the location. Some may even figure the images look familiar. They should. This area is used for countless things depicting all from Vietnam to Libya to Central America. Sad to hear what happened here. R.I.P., indeed.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No, that's erroneous. The show was not called "Untitled Military Project", there was no name for the show yet; hence an untitled military project.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes it's very sad indeed.

Michael Donatelli is one of the people who lost his life, and it looks like he was a retired Special Forces officer (www.socnet.com). I'm not saying it had anything to do with the accident but it does seem a little strange considering other current events.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
No, that's erroneous. The show was not called "Untitled Military Project", there was no name for the show yet; hence an untitled military project.

I am forwarding your message to the LA Times so that they can correct their mistake.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Hahaha, classic response.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
Yes it's very sad indeed.

Michael Donatelli is one of the people who lost his life, and it looks like he was a retired Special Forces officer

Karma.....

top topics

join