It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Dead in Delaware Courthouse Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

3 Dead in Delaware Courthouse Shooting

www.cnn.com

Two Capitol police officers were wounded after the gunfight broke out in the lobby of the New Castle County Courthouse around 8 a.m., said State Police Sgt. Paul Shavack.

Investigators say the man entered the lobby, pulled out a gun and began shooting.

News reports said the gunman's estranged wife was among the victims, but Shavack said he could not confirm that a family member was involved
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So he walks in long before he had a chance to get to the metal detectors and security with there magic wands. Just another story to add onto the recent Gun Threads. What say you ATS, will this help provoke more gun control legislation?

From what CNN is stating the man just wanted to off his wife and 2 officers were wounded in the process.

The fact that this happened in a court house is scary enough, makes you wonder who's gonna go next where and when. Scary times indeed. Just thought I post this because of all the gun threads i've been reading.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

That courthouse has the best security ever!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Hahah~ Yea, I can honestly say that in Chicago (The courthouses around me) that they have security inside and outside. Makes me wonder if they will reform the procedures to get into the courthouse's via guard shack's outside maybe for pat-downs maybe before they proceed into the courthouse and go through the metal detectors.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just more reason to carry everywhere I ago, obviously the Courthouse is a no weapons zone but can't you see the world is pretty much on "Tilt" now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

I'm just waiting for the man or woman who gives the final kick to the barrel of apples. As of June 9th 2013 the CCW laws are official or are said to be in Illinois. A day that I am truely excited for~

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Just more reason to carry everywhere I ago, obviously the Courthouse is a no weapons zone but can't you see the world is pretty much on "Tilt" now.
Ya, because thats what this Situation needed.
Yahoo's pulling out Guns and Blazing anything that moves.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
1984 here we come
2nd line

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Ya, because thats what this Situation needed.
Yahoo's pulling out Guns and Blazing anything that moves.

It's been proven that in the CCW states crime rates are lower than those that straight outlaw or ban gun use. I'm waiting for the day you walk into a bar and you hear " Hey Cowboy gun check in to your right ".

I'd feel safer knowing I can protect mine than not. When law abiding citizens arm up it doesn't mean were going to go blazing our guns around.

It's sad and scary that this happened at a Courthouse none the less.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join