It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adobe Update For Upload Feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've been trying to update the Adobe Flash for uploading images on this site, but every time I open the file, it tells me I'm not permitted to see the window and to consult a content adviser or something.

Any advice?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sorry, question is vague?

* Open which file? (url / location or something) It is not clear what you're opening
* Did you actually manage to update your adobe flash or not?
* What is the actual error message - screenshot or text

Usual things:
* Different browser
* Disable addons
* Uninstall Flash completely and then reinstall
* Check for malware

Can't really give advice without a precise question. Googling the error message usually helps. Sorry if that sounds patronizing, just don't understand the situation exactly.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

It's working now, but I'm confused as to why I'm not able to update the flash in any case. Also, how am I supposed to upload a screenshot if I can't get flash to work for the upload feature?

Anyway, I'll get that screenshot to ya because it's working now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Pinke

Also, how am I supposed to upload a screenshot if I can't get flash to work for the upload feature?

Can use http services or ftp to upload things. Don't always require flash. Or just write.

127.0.0.1 is your loop back address.

Your content advisor will block loopback addresses because it doesn't have a rating even thought it's a local address. Though you should be able to install flash from the exe without this happening! My installer didn't use my browser to access any loopback urls, but you might be using the web installer?

Content advisor is part of your browser. Link. Check to see your content advisor isn't enabled and preventing websites without ratings from being displayed.

That said, this is abnormal behaviour. If you haven't enabled content advisor then run a security scan. Also I checked and content advisor didn't prevent loop backs during installs on one of my own boxes. Though it did prevent access to get.adobe.com.

Sidenote: My english is terrible and am tired, sorry if the above is hard to understand >.

new topics

top topics

join