It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING-- 2nd UK Resident Contracts 'Sars-Like' Coronavirus!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Dude all I was doing was pointing out a simple yet understandable error SARS and ARDS are different yes early on SARS may have symptoms like a common cold that does not make SARS the common cold.

I work in health care, I know the difference between SARS, ADRS and the common cold.

Vaccines have nothing to do with this either, and the “lies” are actually just unknowns

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by HIWATT

Dude all I was doing was pointing out a simple yet understandable error SARS and ARDS are different yes early on SARS may have symptoms like a common cold that does not make SARS the common cold.

I work in health care, I know the difference between SARS, ADRS and the common cold.

Vaccines have nothing to do with this either, and the “lies” are actually just unknowns

Have you ever come across anyone who you can definitely say had "SARS"?

I'm going to guess you haven't, because only 750 people on the entire planet were reported to have actually died from this "affliction"

I also work casual in a Hospital and know all too well the political pressure management is under to perpetuate all kinds of nonsense about "communicable diseases"

It is absolutely about vaccination. People are becoming wise to the BS Big Pharma is belching forth, and there is massive pressure to find a way to get people into their local clinic to get the jab.

As I said, the SARS scare is back again just to reinforce that agenda, as the whole "swine flu" debacle the last 2 years has landed flat on it's face.

It couldn't read better if it were a script.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

No but I have come across loads of people with ARDS all I was doing was pointing out to you that while I agree with you that the name SARS is vague it is still a virus and not a catch all term as you described it. What you were describing is more akin to ARDS, that is all.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by Tardacus
people who travel to 3rd world countries should be quarantined for at least 7-10 days upon their return to their home country.

I'd agree with that, but extend the period to 3 weeks, some viruses have a longer incubation period than others. I'd expand the country list to include all underdeveloped countries, and all those that do not hold to a similar standard of hygiene and animal welfare as the UK too.

edit on 11-2-2013 by MysterX because: error

That`s what they used to do at ellis island when the immigrants came, if you had a cough or a rash or any outward signs of a disease they quarantined you or sent you back to where you came from.
We live in a much more dangerous world now with all kinds of new and deadly diseases.it makes more sense than ever to start quarantining people.
If people don`t have time to be quarantined for several weeks than they should just stay home and don`t travel to 3rd world cesspools.
Nobody has the right to infect other people with possible deadly diseases just because they don`t want to be quarantined after traveling to regions of the planet that have substandard living conditions.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Link

just found this they now think that this new virus spreads from person to person

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Saudia Arabia is about to host the HAJ, the biggest religious festival on the planet. Hopefully this will come under control before such a influx hit the area.

News videos:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Actually your right that could cause a huge problem.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
just bumping this because it seems to be in the news agian

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As an ex worker in local sewage system I got SARS once (twice If I count that it came back after about 2 weeks later).
I thought it was normal cold and didnt do anything about it for almost 2 weeks.
When my boss saw me he send me straight to the doctor at the beginning of my shift. 37-41 Celsius temp jumps in few moments knocking me almost unconsiuos. It took about 1,5 month to get back to normal. Doc said I was close...
can only add its a serious thing and it starts as a quite normal cold

sory for my bad eng
edit on 13-5-2013 by CanisLupus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
They quarantine astronauts for 3 weeks.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I just read this on my local news site.
A mystery virus caused his brain to swell.....

m.crawleyobserver.co.uk...

Sorry if its not linked properly, you may have to copy/paste. I'm on my phone so I don't have the edit functions.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty peculiar as I'm sure I heard this new SARS type thing can cause brain swelling?!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 59demon

Originally posted by Tardacus
people who travel to 3rd world countries should be quarantined for at least 7-10 days upon their return to their home country.

I am inclined to agree with the above poster. You do realize the implications (costs, logistics, and personnel) involved with a mandatory quarantine for every traveler?

It'll be interesting to watch how this pans out in the days to come, but I feel nothing much will come of this event.

Treat it as an additional cost for the traveller, then it won't be a taxpayer burden.

If, it is known in advance of travel, that a compulsory period (length of which to be properly determined according to incubation periods of the more dangerous viral and bacterial infections, but generally up to 21 days) of quarantine is in effect, the traveller may choose one of two options.

1) If travelling to any one or more destinations that are identified as being a greater risk to health, specifically in terms of infectious viral and or bacterial infections that pose significant risk of subsequently infecting the domestic population of the departure country, the traveller is free to travel but is required to budget appropriately to finance a precautionary quaranine placement for up to 21 days upon their return.

2) Don't travel to countries who are listed as being particularly hazardous to health, and hazardous by way of passing infections on to the domestic public upon return.

The choice is between potentially infecting innocent people with a serious and in many cases fatal viral or bacterial infection if travel to one of these countries is unavoidable, or to pay for the trip AND pay for the quarantine required after the trip.

There's no choice between paying extra for your trip, possibly double or triple the original cost of the trip or possibly being the unwitting agent or host of a disease that will go on to kill people, possibly in numbers reaching epidemic levels.

IOW...tough.

You want to travel to places where you can potentially contract, carry and pass on lethal viral infections? Then you pay to ensure you are not going to be responsible for the deaths, intentional or otherwise, of innocent people.

It's a sensible, clear and justifiable policy that should ALREADY be in operation IMO.

At the moment it's a lottery, and innocent people's lives and safety is being put at unreasonable risk...because it would mean extra cost for the traveller.

A few hundred £/$/Euros to not kill someone is a VERY small price to be asked to pay to eliminate the risk of passing on dangerous infections...a very small price. If you don't want to pay for that level of reasonable public safety, then DON'T travel to countries listed as being dangerous (listed by WHO task force probably and accepted and adhered to by host / scheme participating countries).

IMO, it's a travesty that something like this is not already in operation, and innocent and unsuspecting people's lives are being put at risk by the lack of such a policy.

The sooner this or something like it is enacted, the better.

Pet dogs and cats used to be required to spend up to 6 months in quarantine if travelling in from outside UK borders, and AT the owners expense, to reduce the risk of those animals passing on rabies to innocent people..rabies is a dangerous and nasty infection and is often fatal...so is SARS and SARS-like viral infections, so a 3 week quarantine for humans instead of months is a reasonable trade off IMO.
edit on 5-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join