It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<<BREAKING>>Executive order on cybersecurity coming after State of the Union address

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Executive order on cybersecurity coming after State of the Union address

President Obama plans to release an executive order on cybersecurity soon after the State of the Union address. The State of the Union address is scheduled for Tuesday, February 12.

What a baby, this guy is a joke he doesn't get his way and congress wont pass it so he jsut EO's it and says it's what everbody want! WHY IS THIS GUY IN OFFICE

Bloomberg link

Press herald link

Here's some more info:

RT link

"The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection act (CISPA) will be reintroduced before the US House next week following a spate of cyber espionage and hacking attacks. Civil liberties advocates have criticized the bill for violating privacy laws."

Much more at above link.

Help fight it at below links:

Choose liberty

cispaisback.com...

edit on 11-2-2013 by vind21 because: Fixed Link spacing

edit on 11-2-2013 by vind21 because: More Info

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Because THEY wanted him to be the one that rides this tired ass ship right on down to the bottom.
edit on 11-2-2013 by planefixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vind21

It's been a done deal for months now. As of the early drafts and buzz - it seemed to be infrastructure specific. As time ( and my attention span ) permits, I'll see if I can't wrangle up some fresh information from the darker corners of the web.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Please do!

It absolutley disgusts me that this kind of legislation was fought agasint by so many, and now this guy thinks he can just mandate it by kingly decree!

It's even more infuriating that it will probably not even be talked about and no one will know it happend till to late.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Don't forget, he's also the most brilliant President ever, a visionary and only he can prevent forest fires... Crap, that last one was Smokey the Bear, but now that I consider it, it fits as well.

Hell, just give the guy a cross to carry and a sleigh pulled by reindeer to fly over people's homes and you have the whole picture.
edit on 2/11/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: Atrocious grammar due to lack of sleep.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vind21

executive order

o-o...I love those. They are usually public benefit oriented

I'm staying tuned for more good news from the Wonderland.
edit on 11-2-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: typo

edit on 11-2-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Is that an albatross flying over the middle east in your avatr lol?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vind21
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Is that an albatross flying over the middle east in your avatr lol?

A drone resembling a bird of course

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Another day, another Royal Decree. King Obama the 1st strikes again.

Remember the old days when we had a representative republic and a legislative body called Congress who had to be consulted and worked with to do these things? That was wayyyy back in the days when the rule of law meant something and people couldn't imagine having a President become a King. How times have changed , eh?

So does that make his kids Princesses? He's definitely playing the King part of all it's worth!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The day is coming when this administration will have to answer for all of this. It may not be today or even tomorrow but, it will come.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Obama should put his hand up to be the next Pope........I hear there is an opening at the end of the month.

The new Vicar of CISPA

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It really feels like

PaT act + NDAA + SOPA = gg

Like what else do they need, they can now call you a terroist for jsut about any crime involving a firearm thanks to the patriot act, convict you without trial and execute you via NDAA, and now spy on everything you have ever done online.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Another day, another Royal Decree. King Obama the 1st strikes again.

Remember the old days when we had a representative republic and a legislative body called Congress who had to be consulted and worked with to do these things?

No I don't.

So does that make his kids Princesses? He's definitely playing the King part of all it's worth!

I don't think Obama is that high up in the pecking order.. I mean he's George Bush/Bill Clinton level, but still he's just a face to the beast, not the beast itself.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So is the president a king now? He can make up his own laws (executive orders), act as the judiciary (indefinite detention + military tribunals), and carry out whatever executive sentences he wants (domestic civilian assassinations)?

The system of checks and balances the founding fathers put in place has been entirely undone at the seems; it's not just crying wolf anymore, we have a true dictatorship now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am against any censorship on web, except the self one... Parents can make restrictions for their children, if they are underaged...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik
I am against any censorship on web, except the self one... Parents can make restrictions for their children, if they are underaged...

The services are free to have a look upon, and can make actions if the content is out of law, only for that, not making a frames... en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Dictators don't have term limits and the fact that thirteen prior presidents have utilized them - the indication is that they do not lead to endless power. In fact the SCOTUS can and has overturned EO's.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vind21

WHY IS THIS GUY IN OFFICE

Because we won the electrical college. Everyone knows that !

edit on 11-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's not even the fact he's issueing executive orders.

Where is the law that is inplace to be modified by the E.O. ? There was/is no executive order on guns simply because they had no law to alter and no precedence of using executive orders to create a law.

This will be a case where they are going to issue an executive order directly against the congress that failed to pass the sopa/cispa bills and bills like them 3 times now. He is going to issue an order directly against congress, this is a first and will set the precedence needed to keep doing it.

Because we won the electrical college. Everyone knows that !

What the hell do you mean by WE? Im talking about US as in all of US not your little sickish democratic or republican party that is basically the same thing with different wording, Im talking about things that effect US as people, one that is supposed to be united at least in a way strong enough to stand against tyranny of ourselves and others. Or have you forgotten your neighbors are not supposed to be your enemies?
edit on 11-2-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join