It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats's greatest challenge to date ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
With the pope's unprecedented resignation
We as members of ATS have the choice to go headlong into a rugby scrum type situation or sit back and research before we post.
This is argumentally the singularly most important news posted on ATS in real time in recent years.
The way we as members choose to react to it may well define ATS for years to come.

Good luck and let's be careful out there

Cody
edit on 11-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

This is argumentally the singularly most important news posted on ATS in real time in recent years.
The way we as members choose to react to it may well define ATS for years to come.

HAIL SATAN!!!

That's my unbridled reaction to Pope Palpatine's resignation.

edit on 11-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I think youre being a little dramatic, the pope resigning has absolutely no effect on me.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Not to non Catholics of which there are many .

edit on 11-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by cody599

I think youre being a little dramatic, the pope resigning has absolutely no effect on me.

The point isn't about you personally it's about how we as members choose to deal with the news and whether ATS is a still about research and knowledge or stars and flags for rubbish

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Not to non Catholics it isn't .

It is as a point of debate regarding conspiracy and past debates

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This morning when I woke up and saw this story on the MSM website I didn`t even finish reading the story I immediately jumped on ATS to read all the wacky conspiracy theories,that I knew would be here, about why the pope resigned

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm not Catholic and the first Pope to step down since the middle ages intrigues me. IMO the odds are strong that there is a huge bombshell involved - though I also think that his stepping down possibly means that we'll never know about it.

"Too tired" ( paraphrasing ) as the news is reporting makes no sense to me. The last Pope spent his last few years basically sound asleep in every public appearance I saw on television. I think there is probably a lot more going on here and that is interesting.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

His history with children and his recent speeches probably have a lot to do with it. He's senile, opened his mouth a couple times too many, and no longer serves as a fitting figurehead for the Catholic agenda. No offense, to your faith, Heff, but I'm none too supportive of what the Catholic church stands for. That's where I stand in the matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You possibly missed the "not" before the Catholic in my prior post!

I might have gone the Catholic route, but I was always kind of afraid that, with my personality, I'd end up tied to a stick trying to convince the villagers to put down their torches.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'm not religious full stop
My point was there are so many conspiracy theories based around catholicism and symbolism that this is ATS's time to pull it all together. Join minds for the greater good or score flags and stars for egotistical posturing.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I never said you were Catholic. I thought you were Christian.
And they both come from the same roots.
edit on 11-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You're so right, OP. I think the biggest challenge is for members to see if the news has already been posted so we don't have two dozen duplicate threads. Oops! Too late!

More on point though, is whether or not the next pope will be "Peter the Roman". Now that would be a real kicker.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think the biggest challenge facing ATS is surviving the facebook and twitter generation. Dealing with who the next Pope is will be a piece of cake, compared to that.

Changing Popes will probably help the forum because many will post about how and who they choose as the next Pope and who if anyone he really is.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I haven't seen you in forever Schist. Anyway, half of our stuff comes from Facebook and Twitter anyway. You know, the cesspools of the internet. If people can complain about it, you'll find it there.

top topics

join