It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

syatema spetznaz vs mma who would win? would they tie?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Rock- maybe untie the bone and use the string to distract the cat?

J-I don't buy whole systems for military training. In the British army at least, it's an amalgamation. A strike from this, a hold from that. ..its just about the quickest and safest way to incapacitate, maim or kill someone. No single system can ever be as effective as a mix.

By the way, I have trouble quoting multiple people on the phone, that's why I shortened your names.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Most fighters know how to be lethal trust me. When you saturate yourself in physical combat you know more and more about the body everyday.

Not to mention a lot of serious martials arts also include weapon training and defense.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Exactly. Hence the term MMA. Mixed Martial Arts. These guys are trained in several arts.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
All that said though, I still say it all depends on the individuals engaged in the fight. There are lots of bonafide bad mofos out there who have never trained a lick. Also, some of the best fighters out there can have trouble with a "sub-par" fighter because they simply don't match up well. Lots of variables at play here.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Again though, they train not to maim or kill. Which means that those who train to do those things will have the advantage. I'm not knocking mma. Just the same as i wouldn't knock boxing. It's just that this thread compares apples and eggs. If it was a competition, with rules etc. Mma guys would win mostly. No doubt. If, on the other hand it was just kill or be killed, I think the concentration on killing and maiming would favour the professional soldier.

It's a bit like the old argument about Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali. There's only one way we'd ever really know.

Personally, if it was me having to fight either, I'd hit them from behind with a hammer. ..or just show em how fast I can run. :-D

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

100% true. Way to many variables to consider. Still a fun idea to play with.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

To your point your right.

Your going to do what you train the most in its most basic form.

So if you spend a majority of your time doing jiu-jitsu, in a fight or flight situation your going to revert to your jiu-jitsu training instinctively. You will do exactly what you have trained your mind to do in that point of time.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That's why God made me an expert marksman and a sneaky bastard.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You think though, for instance, that an MMA fighter doesn't KNOW HOW to deliver a front kick to the balls? Of course they do! Do you think that a Jiu Jitsu black belt doesn't know how to crush your esophagus with a choke hold? Of course he does! In fact, Krav Maga type strikes are more instinctual to ANY fighter than say the finer points of boxing footwork.
MMA fighters have to train themselves NOT to take cheap shots! And believe me, that ain't easy once the adrenaline starts flowing. It takes lots of discipline. In a no holds barred fight, these dudes would be absolutely devastating.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
reply to post by JayinAR

Again though, they train not to maim or kill. Which means that those who train to do those things will have the advantage.

Right and who has constant training involving not sparring but actual fighting?? MMA..

Wake me up when a former special ops guy decides to go into the UFC to make some cash, likes he has never seen in the Military.. I havn't seen it happen yet and UFC isn't exactly new..

I think you are confusing what MMA means nowadays.. It's not like a jiu jitsu guy against a karate guy.. It's the most brutal wrestler mixed with brazilian jiu jitsu mixed with karate strikes, mui tai strikes, all kinds of holds..

But how come these Russian guys don't want to make millions of dollars? If it would be easy for them?
edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That's it though. You train NOT to deliver a cheap or overly dangerous shot and you will suffer a delay when it comes time to go for it. If you train TO deliver those shots, your muscle memory allows them to be delivered with the speed of reflex. ..a tiny, but important advantage.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
For the record...Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali? Haha! Much love to the champ, but that fight would be nothing short of a public execution. Bruce Lee by ktfo in the first round.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
For the record...Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali? Haha! Much love to the champ, but that fight would be nothing short of a public execution. Bruce Lee by ktfo in the first round.

Haha. Not a hope. That's a thread on its own though. :-D

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Respectfully disagree. Because the principles of the fight haven't changed. The MMA fighter is still superiorly trained in the art of NOT LETTING YOU CLOSE ENOUGH to gouge my eyes. Lest you eat about five punches and take two leg kicks first.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
An MMA fighter would have a decent defence against a trained assassin.

It would really come down to the psychological aspect in this regard.

Soldiers are designed for combat, and that weakness that an MMA fighter would possess could be his potential downfall.

He would have to pick apart the assassin quickly with all of his methods for a KO.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Maybe the spetznaz guys can't get in for being too nuts?
I'm guessing you'd have trouble getting accepted for a tournament if you blinded your last opponent or bit off his ear or something. ..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
reply to post by Dustytoad

Maybe the spetznaz guys can't get in for being too nuts?
I'm guessing you'd have trouble getting accepted for a tournament if you blinded your last opponent or bit off his ear or something. ..

Nope not really.. Not for a million bucks.. No excuses.. I'll believe it when I see it..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Mike Tyson boxed professionally for awhile after eating an ear in the ring.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If anything, at this point, one thing is certain about UFC. If you are confined to a single fighting style you are dead in the water.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Anyway. I said my piece. I guess we won't know for sure ever. I wouldn't be surprised though if the MMA guys won in the ring and the army guys won in the dead of night in the woods.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join