It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

syatema spetznaz vs mma who would win? would they tie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

great point. it's about physical conditioning

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Dustytoad

I didn't say WHAT odds I would give.

I just looked them up and so far it looks like 13.5 - 1 odds.. Haha Wow..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There are so many variables that are unquantifiable without getting into exacting minutia for me to make a call on this.

First off - the individual matters. Every person is different. Who has the most heart? The most to lose? Who had the lighter breakfast? one has to kill the other to eat due to starvation. russians during post wwII were afraid of fatties

Then there is the circumstances of the fight. Are both fighters acclimated to the environment? Or just one? Or neither? Are they fighting over an issue that one is more passionate than the other about? open field, no cage, it's 65 70 degrees out near dawn

Ultimately I'd have to say that you could take out both descriptors and substitute them with any others and get the same real world answer. On any given day, either man might win. It all depends. on momentum

~Heff

guys this is an awesome thread keep up the good spirit

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Are those odds for Silva against the world?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

idunno lotta ninjas out there

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Too many ninjas.
Haha

Your screen name makes me think of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Dracula's Lament. Haha!

"And if I see Van Helsing I swear to the lord I will slay him. AH HAHA!!"

edit on 11-2-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
My money is on Systema any day of the week. Russian Systema is intense and is used in the field everyday from Spetsnaz forces to US Secret Service and beyond.

Plus, there is the endurance aspect an MMA fight is what? 3 rounds... Systema is mean stuff. Cross between Akido , jujitsu etc...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Spetznaz? MMA? W E Fairbairn would have had them for breakfast.

Seriously though, I can't see how a MMA guy can survive against someone who's trained over and over to go for strikes that wouldn't be allowed in the ring. It's hard to put up much of a fight when your nose is getting digested by the bloke who's thumbs are hooked in your eye sockets.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Of course you have MMA fighters like Silva who would likely kick your head clean off your shoulders if you even tried to lay hands on him
These are PROFESSIONAL fighters. Haha
It is all in the individual.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That's odds for his next fight.. 13.5 - 1 against a guy who won his last 3 fights.. Anderson Silva is no joke..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Never heard of him. But I knew a guy who was only just over 5 foot. Dropped 4 6 footers in less than 2 seconds in my grandads pub when I was a kid. That's what army training does. There's just a difference between knowing how to win and how to kill/maim/cripple.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

1. I have both Army and MMA training. I thought all the hand to hand stuff in the Army was cool until I took a REAL jiu jitsu class and I realized I didnt know squat. 2. If you don't know who Silva is, you should take some time to inform yourself. He is the best fighter on planet Earth. Anderson Silva in YouTube search will net a host of ferocious beat downs.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'll look him up when I get on the desktop. I stand by my assertion though. If MMA was the best way of downing someone, that's what all the armies in the world would teach. The fact that they all do variants of Krav, Systema and some of the naughtier jiu jitsu should tell it's own story really.
edit on 11-2-2013 by SprocketUK because: spelling. innit

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

systema does attribute it's origins to cavemen though. i think it would be way close

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

systema does attribute it's origins to cavemen though. i think it would be way close

Well, I follow a paleo diet so maybe I better look into Systema a little more :-D

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This dude is brutal. Some language in the song. What he did to Franklin and Belfort is unbelievable. His punching power and accuracy are off the charts. Undefeated in the UFC. Simply the best.

ETA: I guess that was Griffin, not Franklin, he punked out in that video.
edit on 11-2-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

or take down a sabertooth kitty with a bone tied to a stick

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Really in mixed martial arts we are trained in the various forms of hand to hand combat. Im assuming the russian special forces are taught sambo as a part of their hand to hand combat training. Lets take a look at a sambo fighter for instance....

a sambo fighter does sambo religiously for probably up to 10 years before they engage in professional combative sports competition or are belt capped.

Russian special forces are taught sambo as a part of a larger training regmine and spend far less time perfecting the style.

Just one example.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The US Army is trained in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu developed by the same Gracie family that basically invented MMA. Royce Gracie is a living legend. But since then the sport has evolved so much as to be unrecognizable. The fighters are so much better now. Silva for instance is such a well rounded and lethal fighter. His striking, ground game, take down defense. Top knotch. The man is darn near untouchable. If you want to see the best fighting system there is, look no farther than Anderson Silva's training camp.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And this thought that MMA fighters don't know how to be "lethal" or whatever is just wrong. A lot of these guys fought underground circuits and stuff before they made it to the big leagues. Bare knuckle fighting, etc. Wanderlei Silva comes to mind. Another Brazilian...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join