It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pope is quitting (just in case you missed all of the other threads about it)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Believe me when I say the irony of this rant is not lost on me but seriously this is just annoying

I logged onto ATS just before midday (UK time) and saw the threads about the Pope quitting, I think there were perhaps 3 or 4 threads all on the one thing, now ok I thought this is a big story so there are going to be a few people racing to post it first.

I logged back into ATS about 15 minutes ago and the top 4 threads on the recent posts page were about the pope, it would seem that loads of people have come out with various threads all about the pope quitting and their take on it. I have counted at least 10 threads all about the pope’s resignation.

Really this race to be the first to post is pathetic, what more pathetic is in a desperate attempt to get some ATS attention members reposting the same thread about the same news topic. There is no way these members could not know that its already been posted, it’s on the front page, recent posts page, all over the breaking news forum and for me it was all over “myATS”. So why are people still bother to keep writing new threads about the exact same thing. Why cant these members, if they are really so interested in the topic just post on one of the numerous existing threads on the matter.

I feel sorry for whoever actually got the scoop on this story, if you get the scoop you should get credit for doing so, that is to say awarded the stars, flags and perhaps even an applause or two for something particularly big. All these parasites who obviously see that a thread already exists on the subject and go into a thread creating frenzy just to leach off whoever got that scoop and steel a few flags. Yes I know every now and then it’s possible that there might be one or two who do this unintentionally but I think in this case its really quite obvious that there are some glory hunters out there looking to gain a few extra easy flags, some who do it crate a thread that could quite easily have counted as a post in a existing thread, that’s also annoying the “why I think the pope is resigning” threads are just as bad.

I feel really sorry for the poor Mods that have to sort out the mess that some less than humble and courteous members have created.

Ohhhh and just on the off change that any of you missed the news, the pope is going to resign!.

Please restrain yourself form creating a thread about it there already exist a dozen or so.
edit on 11-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Are you serious? POPE is Resigning?????

On sec, making a new thread about it.

But ATS is like that tho, people try to see who could do it first, i actually don;t mind a different view of it, but most thread is just about how pope is leaving.

Im sure slowly but surely, the first thread would be the last man surviving.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Of course, most of them will say. "I tried the search, but didn't see any other threads about this. I typed in 'poop quats' and nothing came up. The search engine really sucks."

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
But really, the pope resigning is only important to the "unhelpers"

Who cares?
We didn't care when the cross was defiled by hitler, because we don't worship it. I guess it's important that you keep digging.
we will just plant roses in memoriam of the Father and his extension of the hand of love.
Behold the nailed hand ,indeed
Thank you Father

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No joke but I have just found another two threads to add to my count.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And this one gets included in my count

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I guess give MODS some time to finish their debriefing meeting for the morning and discuss potential danger and stuff, i mean, eating pancakes and drinking coffee... then they will start working on the thread removal.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

what more pathetic is in a desperate attempt to get some ATS attention members reposting

Indeed. It is pathetic. The hunt for stars and flags.

Also, people like flagging and star(s)ing the usual suspects, without even looking at the post. Like for instance, mods get automatic stars from idolizing morons. Phage get automatic stars for seating on the toilet. etc.

All this is starting to remind me of Facebook, where you post status messages to your friends who than "like" you for being you...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Wait a sec, .... the Pope is quitting?! Where? When? How?!

How is this not in a thread already?! I mean, the most important, earth-shattering, soul-shaking, eye-splitting event in the history of,.... EVERYTHING just happened and NO ONE has created a thread about it?

Let me check the home page..... Nope. Nothing. I can't believe this!

Oh, wait. Someone DID make a thread about it. But they didn't put in a pointless video link or news report. I'd better make one myself so that everyone gets the correct perspective on the situation. /sarcasm

Seriously though, how incredibly awesome would it be if the whole thing turned out to be a hoax in the first place?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's all over the news in Brazil, first page on all main newspapers.

He's going to resign by february 28th, allegedly because of health problems and his age. He's the first pope to resign since Gregory V in 1415.

Wasn't there a prophecy somewhere about him being the second to last pope before the end?
edit on 11/2/2013 by Deny777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This place is populated with competitive children. Get rid of the stars and flags and I think that might improve somewhat.

Short of changing the demographic, I don't see a long-term solution to the problem.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Omg look at all the Pop is quitting threads! You don't even have to do a search to learn of this, just look at New Topics or Fire Hose!

All you members reposting the Pope is quitting threads fail! May all your threads be 404'd!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was going to write my own rant but this seems to be a good place to put it. I just posted a thread on the Pope stepping down. I did a search using ATS search and came up with 0 results. I put in just his name, 0 results. I put in Pope to retire, 0 results. So I wrote the thread. Before hitting submit I did the search once again to see if something has been posted and got 0 results. My thread was open for a whole 3 min before being closed to previous threads being available. Now don't get me wrong I am glad mine was closed because the earlier threads should take the stage but this is the 4th time in 2 days that this has happened to me. What the heck is going on with the search function?????????? People get mad because threads are posted over and over but it obviously is an issue with the search function more than it is with people not using it. If it can't be used to find new threads what good is it? I very rarely use the new topic fire hose as my myATS page is set to new topics but I shouldnt have to go to 3 different locations when the search is supposed to do it for us.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

The search function is not perfect I have had problems with it in the past.

But dude, you only had to look at the most recent posts page to see that there was a plethora of threads about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Not everyone uses the recent posts page - something that shocked me, as I always have and rarely check the firehose or front page. But it's true.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yep. Happens everytime there's big news. Such as when Kim Jong ll died.

Meh, it's part and parcel of the S&F system. BTW. S&F.

edit on 2/11/2013 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I've been here six years. The Search function has never failed me. I think people who say it fails are full of beans.

Stop making excuses for racing to post first.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan
But really, the pope resigning is only important to the "unhelpers"

Who cares?
We didn't care when the cross was defiled by hitler, because we don't worship it. I guess it's important that you keep digging.
we will just plant roses in memoriam of the Father and his extension of the hand of love.
Behold the nailed hand ,indeed
Thank you Father

I care, and believe me timing is everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
At least the stars and flags these post spammers are competing for are worth $100 each......Wait, what they're not worth anything??

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Where is the thread about the Pope resigning , only to be replaced by a Draconian Lizard King from the 78th Dimension, ruled by the hyper-galactic Droid Nebula?? Now that's what I wanna see!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join