It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why oh Why? What's the Point?!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The RNC and Bush talk about getting neighbourhood's together to go knocking on other people's doors to vote for him.
Vote for Bush? Why would someone who is either undecided, unaffiliated, or democratic just go along with them and say "sure, i'll follow you to the booth to vote for bush" How optimistic and naive are they? Or better yet, how ignorant and vain are these people?

I know members of both parties feel superior then the other, and think their smarter then the other ect, but get over yourselves, your not going to get somebody to follow you to the polls to vote for your guy because you "asked them to"...




posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
The RNC and Bush talk about getting neighbourhood's together to go knocking on other people's doors to vote for him.
Vote for Bush? Why would someone who is either undecided, unaffiliated, or democratic just go along with them and say "sure, i'll follow you to the booth to vote for bush" How optimistic and naive are they? Or better yet, how ignorant and vain are these people?

I know members of both parties feel superior then the other, and think their smarter then the other ect, but get over yourselves, your not going to get somebody to follow you to the polls to vote for your guy because you "asked them to"...


You'd be surprised how many democrats will if given rides, cash , favors etc.

Especially the dead ones,


Dead people vote democrat over 89% of the time!



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You'd be surprised how many democrats will if given rides, cash , favors etc.
Especially the dead ones,
Dead people vote democrat over 89% of the time!


Yeah or crack too... I'm aware of what they do and it's really low of them. But their scraping the bottom of the barrell...
Their getting away with it? Why?

And even still, this shouldn't take the focus off what I just posted...



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
edsinger - if I follow your argument correctly, you're saying that most people who vote Democrat are corrupt. "You'd be surprised how many democrats will if given rides, cash , favors etc."

So that means that about 50 percent of the American population (including my girlfriend - but hey, she's dating an evil, peace-loving, tree-hugging Canadian) is corrupt. Have I got that right?



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
At my school on monday, the president of the Young Republicans club was going around taking sign-ups to go around and do just that--knock on people's doors and tell them to vote for Bush on election day...



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
edsinger - if I follow your argument correctly, you're saying that most people who vote Democrat are corrupt. "You'd be surprised how many democrats will if given rides, cash , favors etc."

So that means that about 50 percent of the American population (including my girlfriend - but hey, she's dating an evil, peace-loving, tree-hugging Canadian) is corrupt. Have I got that right?


No of course not, not corrupt, but they do seem to cheat more in elections. Look back to Kennedy and his defeat of Nixon, Kennedy barley pulled Illinois and he did it with 13,000 votes from dead people in Chicago!



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You'd be surprised how many democrats will if given rides, cash , favors etc.

Especially the dead ones,

Dead people vote democrat over 89% of the time!


Will people never allow Mayor Daley to rest in peace?


Are all states different in what identification, if any, you need to vote. I know in my state you cannot ask for ID if the person has a voter card. Is it time for a change - should it be necessary to have two forms of ID to vote?

The Dems and Repubs keep this up and the Libertarians will look really inviting come next election.



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
No of course not, not corrupt, but they do seem to cheat more in elections. Look back to Kennedy and his defeat of Nixon, Kennedy barley pulled Illinois and he did it with 13,000 votes from dead people in Chicago!



I still find it funny you won't address the post, you just keep taking the stand:
"yeah, well the democrats do this!"

Whats up with that?



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think that getting out and letting people know that their vote counts can have an effect, even if only 5% go, thats 5% for your team!




top topics



 
0

log in

join