Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

OMG, asteroid near miss caused by Global Warming!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

2012 DA14 Observing Tips

At the time of its closest approach on Friday — 2:24 p.m. EST (1924 GMT) – 2012 DA14 will be passing directly above the eastern Indian Ocean off the Indonesian island of Sumatra. That’s bad news if you live in the Western Hemisphere, Hawaii or New Zealand, where it will be daytime with no chance of seeing the asteroid. (But everyone can watch the flyby at SPACE.com, which will air footage from several telescopes around the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

thank you for the heads up

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by FortAnthem

Atleast his wasnt talking to Bill.

CNN is like the smartest idiot in the room.

sometimes i think bill is just acting/playing the role..i find it hard to beleive that someone with the resouces/information that he has at his disposal could be that stupid/ignorant..he just might be that stupid though

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I can't see any possible scenarios where global warming could attract an asteroid...however I was just on the phone reassuring my mother that the predicted path of the asteroid is very close but were safe...then I got to thinking... what could cause it to veer off course and collide with earth. what about the solar flare that went off on saturday and is currently hitting earth right now. what do you guys think? any possibility that it the flare could alter the asteroid's trajectory? im assuming no because it doesn't effect the satellites. but im no physicist

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join