It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who shot Bin Laden talks to ESQUIRE Magazine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

yah', i know what your views are,
i've seen a lot of your posts.
i usually scroll past them and see what the next person has to say.

the truth of the matter is this terrorism thing is drivin' us all apart.
if we don't come together in some sort of agreement the're gonna end up killin' us all.

... believing in god at the vatican.

don't get me started on my 'NO GOD' theory!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

While I respect your individual opinion you are a disembodied voice/text that is trying to tell readers that Bin Laden died in 2011. And I include myself in that description.

You sound a lot like you want to believe what the government have pushed through the media. If you have conducted extensive study and research on the topic of this thread please share.

You have not convinced me that the man who claims to have shot Bin Laden in 2011 is the real deal. As a matter of fact the posters who have cited his lack of income have only served to bolster my opinion. I like being proved wrong but in this instance you have not moved my opinion at all.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I believe Bin Laden died May 1st 2011 because all of the words media reported broadly the same story as did the governments of the world the DEVGRU guys have said the same thing and there has not been one serious counter argument and it would be illogical for anyone to lie about this. I believe because I also believe that Bin Laden existed as the figure head of a network called Al-Qa’ida whose members conducted the terrorist attacks of 9/11 amongst others.

You said before you believed hi died in 2001 he didn’t, I am assuming that you are going to tell me one of two things. You are either going to tell me you believe that because of reports of him being in a Dubai hospital for Kidney dialysis or that a Taliban commander reported attending his funeral in mid-December 2001. Both are incorrect.

You see people on often make the assumption that I believe in the official version because I have either been brainwashed by the MSN, I am ignorant or I am a disinfo agent, none of which is true. I have read all the conspiracy theories and seen the same documentaries as you probably have. I have also however spent quite a lot of time actually looking at the others side of this, reading what the historians and experts have to say on the matter and they all agree the conspiracy theories are rubbish as do I for the most part. I find it insulting to my intelligence for you to say that I only believe that what I believe because of the media rather than actually studding the topic. Its not about what I want to believe, its about what the consensus of the evidence points to. I want to believe what my research tells me to be true, not what conspiracy theorists conjecture and revisionist history tells me or the simplistic propaganda of the MSN.

I am not going to sit here and send all night trying to convince you that Bin Laden was not a CIA agent and that he did actually head up this terrorist network called Al-Qa’ida because like I said before on a conspiracy website that’s a bit like telling the pope that God does not exist. I will quite happily direct you to the sources that will inform you and I will quite happily answer a direct question about a specific aspect of terrorism if I can. Ultimately however you are responsible for your own ignorance I am not going to spend hours and hours debating with you as in my experience it’s like talking to a brick wall.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
You're surprised? People who join the military and put their lives on the line are right at the bottom of the social ladder. They join because they have little other options and then adopt a nature of violence through conditioning in the name of patriotism.

I think your views of the military are a little dated my friend. I admit there was a time in our nation’s history in which the military was staffed by individuals such as you described; however, I assure you that today’s military is not staffed with men and women who have no other options.

I served in US Army Special Forces, and in the infantry and in intelligence branches as well. I can tell you that in all three branches I encountered men and women with varied backgrounds and with a range of intellect I’d estimate as one standard deviation above the normal on the bell curve.

Now specifically in Special Forces (nowhere near the caliber or level of DEVGRU – BTW, just standard operators) my Soldiers represented the most intelligent and capable in the military.

Very sought after go getters that strive to be the best at whatever they do. I’d put my Sergeant E5 medic up against any civilian doctor in a contest of emergency trauma management any day. I doubt many ER docs have as much experience with GSW as he did. My Operations/Intelligence Sergeant spoke 4 languages fairly fluently (Pashtu, Farsi, MS Arabic and Polish), played the cello like a pro and did calculus to "relax".

Most were from working middle class America and one was even a Lawyer who gave up his practice to enlist for about 30% of what he made so he could serve after 9/11 and is now a career Soldier - enlisted too BTW not an officer (though he certainly could be) and he has a JD. Some were from poor or humble beginnings for sure - the sons of rural poor to include myself; none felt they were limited to the military - all were happy to be there making a difference. Not a one considered himself a victim/pawn or wanted anyone's sympathy.

As for the OP – well, this man faced a choice that all mid to late career servicemen and women face – to stay with something that you might not feel the passion for any longer so that you can get your retirement benefits or leave with nothing for a chance at doing something else while you are still young enough to do so.

While I dislike the “all or nothing” system of retirement (I’d rather see a 401K or a situation in which at some point – say 10 years one would be vested and get a reduced amount - something for his service) that is not the current set of rules. So either you choose to stick it out for 20 or leave. It’s a personal choice. To stay for 16 then blame the system is kind of a dick move IMO. He knew the rules and the system each time he reenlisted.

Now about the protection for his family – that is where the whole “silent professionals” motto part comes into play.

I don’t know the circumstances that lead to his real identity being linked to this operation but if it was his doing (in a book or like this interview for instance) then he is the one who put his family at risk.

If it was some lapse of security or breach on the part of the government then they need to pony up and make amends by disappearing him and his family into some sanitization program. (Like witness protection.) After which he needs to shut his hole and drive on like Jon Doe.

As for the VA delay that is the result of everyone with a butt hurt from their service filing a claim for the most frivolous of issues. I have a “friend” who filed a claim for back pain (not associated with an injury) – I told him ffs dude you are 45 years old spent 25 years in Special Forces, we all have back pain. He got 10% for it and another 10% for knee pain. So boom, there you go 240.00 of tax free money added onto his retirement pay. The system is abused by people who don’t need it. I personally don’t know many men in their mid-forties who work outside at physical labor who don’t have back and knee pain.

VA system is just broken - too many people abuse it and people’s legitimate claims are held up while these files are handled in the order they were received.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Thank you for responding to my post. Please be mindful - and you will no doubt know this if you research widely - that ALL mainstream media is controlled. There are six multinational corporations that control all information that is given to the public. In essence six CEOs control ALL mainstream newspapers, magazines, television, movies, music etcetera. This means that all the evidence, as you refer to, will all be the same.

As for the kidney dialysis and other information - no - I have not read about that. I enjoy discussion and I respect your opinion so do not feel that all communication on this site has to be about who is right and who is wrong. I am glad you responded and I hope you appreciate my polite, respectful response.

Much Peace...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join