It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who shot Bin Laden talks to ESQUIRE Magazine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The man who actually shot Osama bin Laden has given an interview to ESQUIRE magazine which will be on the newstands today (in its March issue). Although he is unnamed, there seems to be enough information in the article for someone to figure out who he is. He and his family were offered witness protection, and his wife has since divorced him and is thinking of changing her name. His children have been taught how to hide in the bathtub at any sign of trouble. The article, written by Phil Bronstein who chairs the Center for Investigative Reporting (I didn't know there was such an org., good for them) is aptly named "The Shooter."

The member of Navy Seal Team 6 told Bronstien that he was put on earth to do something important, and now he knows what it is. The man has left the Navy after 16 years, and as of now will receive no pension, medical insurance, but probably just a slap on the back and a "job well done".

ESQUIRE is keeping the details of the raid to itself for now, to build up interest in the story and drive people out to the newstands. I'm surprised some grocery store owner or newstand guy hasn't broken the details yet.

A link to an article on this (the ESQUIRE page is full of popup ads and ads that won't go away, this is from the Sacremento Bee, which has some pop ups too, darn it):

www.sacbee.com...
edit on 11-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Killing Bin Laden hasn't changed anything. Still at war, still creating new terrorist, still looking and watching out for new terrorist. But I do sympathize with my fellow vet and the ordeal he and his family are going through, especially the kids. No kids should be forced to live a life of duck and hide. Hell, we put bad guys in witness protection and don't blink an eye on what we spend to protect them.

Surely, the government dropped the ball on this one.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Killing Bin Laden hasn't changed anything. Still at war, still creating new terrorist, still looking and watching out for new terrorist. But I do sympathize with my fellow vet and the ordeal he and his family are going through, especially the kids. No kids should be forced to live a life of duck and hide. Hell, we put bad guys in witness protection and don't blink an eye on what we spend to protect them.

Surely, the government dropped the ball on this one.

I would guess that after today's publicity and the release of the story, he and his family will be given both protection and all the benefits he would have received if he had put in his 20 years. Politicians, vets, and the public will be demanding it of the government. But even in the short story announcing the story quite a lot of detail was given to anybody searching for the vet. Too bad, as he just happened to be in the spot to take the kill shot.

It should be an interesting read, and really flesh out the details of the raid, its climatic moment, and what was going through the head of the shooter as he was putting something else through the head of bin Laden.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I do not believe this person. Bin Laden died in 2001 in a hospital. All we, the public, saw was a photoshopped death picture of someone and were told he was buried at sea. Join the dots because I do not believe the American government could not find Bin Laden for years and years but they can send a spacecraft to Mars and they can track every single cow that people eat from the farm to the steak on the plate???!!!!

I do not believe for a heartbeat that anyone shot Bin Laden. The American government have killed many innocent people and plenty of Children but they have not killed Bin Laden. I respect each and every individual opinion on this subject but I cannot entertain this man claiming he shot Bin Laden. Each to his own but I won't swallow this one.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This could be a very interesting read however I do recall that when the President asked the guys form DEVGRU who actually shot Bin Laden their response was “we all did” or words to that effect. They didn’t want to go with this “it was jimmy” answer as they saw it very much as a team effort but it will still be interesting to read this.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is this guy another hired imposter like Bin Laden's doubles who faked all those videos showing him wearing gold rings (wearing gold is forbidden by Islam) and writing with his right hand when Bin Laden was known to be left-handed?
www.prisonplanet.com...
Neighbours of the compound where he was supposed to have been killed say that they knew the man who owned it for many years and claim that he was the man filmed here:
www.dailymail.co.uk...
who died.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I listened to all the Alex Jones interviews on this one too, that the body was stored on ice until it was needed, and that GWBush hid it so he could continue his wars unababated without losing his boogeyman. So if that was correct, let's just say (I don't believe it) then this guy is willing to be the fall guy, and put his kids in danger? That's even more of a stretch for me. But then again, he did talk about it to a damn reporter, so he knew right then and there he was putting his family and himself in danger. Fall guy either way, as he was assigned to the job, given orders, and was there to take the shot. Poor guy probably didn't even grab a whisker as a memento.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

. Poor guy probably didn't even grab a whisker as a memento.

I cannot recall where a read this but apparently the DEVGRU guys took Bin Laden’s prized AKS-74U as a trophy to be hung up in the mess hall.

dont know how true it is but it would be kinda cool

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The way I view it - this guy probably sold his story for money. He has a family to support and you are right about the government giving him orders - go do your disinformation duty. Unless we were there - we don't know. Unless we start to control the media and the release of information all we have is what we are given. When liars are in control it is up to the individual to use their skills of discernment.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

. Poor guy probably didn't even grab a whisker as a memento.

I cannot recall where a read this but apparently the DEVGRU guys took Bin Laden’s prized AKS-74U as a trophy to be hung up in the mess hall.

dont know how true it is but it would be kinda cool

No, you certainly don't know how true this is. But it would certainly add to the false myths about his alleged death, wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If it's out on the magazine stands now, someone will soon be reporting in on the exact details of the raid. This will be a big story, but the Pope's planned resignation will overshadow it in the western media.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Smells of BS to me. Here's a guy who killed one of the biggest bogeymen of all time and is now selling his story to a gents magazine, whining about how his medical insurance has stopped and all vets are treated appallingly. If that's the way it goes in the real world expect him to be terminated any day soon

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
GROSS.

On the day "the Shooter" departed the military after 16 years, he was left with:

* No medical insurance for him or his family.
* No pension.
* No comprehensive assistance in transitioning to civilian life.
* No provision for security from the threat of retaliation for himself or his
family.
* An average wait of nine months for those limited VA benefits that are
available to him.

(Note: Had "the Shooter" stayed in for 20 years, he would have been eligible for
a pension of $2197.00 per month, the same pension as a member of the Navy
choir.)

edit on 11-2-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

The average Instrumentation Technician in Alberta with our company makes 5,500$ a week!!!

What's more important? Oil tech or man who killed Osama?
edit on 11-2-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

You're surprised? People who join the military and put their lives on the line are right at the bottom of the social ladder. They join because they have little other options and then adopt a nature of violence through conditioning in the name of patriotism. They are the manipulated and abused of humanity, who carry out the work of little men in suits who live for profits.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The reporter breaking the story is the head of an Investigative Journalism organization, and he and they, as well as ESQUIRE, surely had to have confirmations of this guy's identity six ways to Tuesday. This is the kind of story you don't run with just one source claiming to be the guy. So it's very likely legit.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
this thread should be moved to the HOAX bin.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

why?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You're likely talking about the Osama died in 2001 conspiracy. Let's say you guys are right, Alex Jones did a lot o promote that one. That still doesn't mean that this guy knew about it, and he thinks he shot the real bin Laden. If what the conspiracy people think is accurate, then Seal Team 6 had to be set up as well, because something like that would not be known by a wide variety of people. If the raid was a hoax, it took in the Seals too. So either way, this fellow thinks he killed the boogeyman, and the people in government who are denying him benefits think he killed bin Laden and are still denying him benefits. Would they deny him those if it wasn't real? He'd be set for life if he was part of the conspiracy rather than just an ex-Seal given a pat on the back and shown the door..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

why?

you've heard of 'NO PLANES' .

this is like the 'NO BIN LADEN' theory.

evidence he died 2001
not seen since that time, only imposters.
no evidence of later death.
no body.
dead witnesses.

'NO BIN LADEN'

if you want to truly do real research into this, more power to you.
but this particular article holds no credibility at all.
not a shred.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

So you don’t believe Bin Laden existed,

I can tell you that he did, I have done extensive study into the phenomenon of terrorism with a particular focus on post-9/11 and I can tell you that he did exist and was killed in may 2011.

But trying to convince people of that on a conspiracy website like ATS is a bit like walking into the Vatican and trying to tell the clergy that God isn’t real so I am not going to bother getting drawn into a debate about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join