posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I personally detest organised religion and all the trappings
But I must bow to the bravest decision I think I've ever been witness to
May your God bless you for your strength
And may I learn from it

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Whose decision are you talking about? What was the decision?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Wh what? i dont understand what you mean? Did some1 dropped out of his religion?
Is this about the pope? im confused...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

I'm guessing his post is about the Pope stepping down, and the OP giving him props for it. I'm not so sure that bravery had as much to do with the decision as political pressure and ( ignoring my paranoid nature) health issues.

Personally, I think he's being told to step down by some entity above him. (yes, even the Pope has a boss, and I don't mean the Almighty or the guy in the basement either).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
so the Pope has the balls the size of a planet?

guess that's bad news for the choir boys....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
To be the leader of one of the biggest cults in in the world
Have knowledge of the archives
then resign ?
balls of steal
wouldn't want to be his food taster

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

No offense, but the guy is in his mid-eighties. I doubt he'll be doing interviews with Jesse Ventura and Alex Jones any time soon. He will step down and die in his bed having not muttered a word about anything to anyone.

He is either suffering from alzheimer's and was told he had to leave (or something like that), or he couldn't cope with all of the political B.S. that comes with the post. He will most likely not be murdered, but will be watched very closely IMO.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

One of the few other popes to have ever resigned left because of the corruption. I have no idea why Benedict is stepping down, though.

Pope Celestine V, in 1294: After only five months in office, the somber Sicilian pope formally decreed that popes now had the right to resign, which he immediately used. according to a report in the Guardian. He wrote, referring to himself in the third person, that he had resigned out of “the desire for humility, for a purer life, for a stainless conscience, the deficiencies of his own physical strength, his ignorance, the perverseness of the people, his longing for the tranquility of his former life.” He became a hermit, but two years later was dragged out of solitude by his successor, who locked him up in an Italian castle. Celestine died 10 months later.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
He didn't do very much as a pope anyway.. I find the timing interesting though with certain events taking place around the globe and the next pope apparently being the last.

new topics
top topics

join