It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Pope?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
Couple of years ago I did quite some research on the Malachy prophecy.

As far as I can see, the popes fit it very well and the connections truly exist.

Although, what is my personal theory is that the church itself is choosing the popes so that they would fit the prophecy. By officially denying it, the prophechy has created a lot of mysticism around it which overally strengthens the religion. When magic happens and such people exist, then also god might be there.

Call my theory a conspiracy or not, for me as a rational person, this is the most logical explanation to it, that I could come up with

Haha ha ... if a prediction is made there are at least three possibilities...

1. It is a coincidence
2. It was known in advance
3. It was made to happen

Maybe you are right about option 3 but how would this fit the Revelation reference?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I guess by revelation you mean the prediction of the last pope? (Sorry about the question, English is not my native language)

In order for such prophecies to become famous, these need to have something "special" about them, that would bring controversy. I personally believe most prophecies, Nostradamus for example, would not be that famous, if they did not predict the coming chaos, world´s end, something that may create a lot of controversy around it. If the prophecies do not contain such elements, these may easily be destroyed. Why to keep it so long?

I personally have not seen any prophecies that do not contain really negative messages about future.

As the last part has some controversy around its genuinity, it may as well been put to the end of it just to make it famous and serve its purpose of creating some supernatural prophecy.

I think the last part will go wrong. I do not see a way in the current world how in the next 10-20 years the world would end. Whatever happens, I think some solutions will be found to it, but mankind will not become extinct.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

how is the last pope as of 7th then as per v.11?

how do you equate v.12 about the 10 horns and 10 kings?

who was the king/kingdom when John received his revelation? That would seem to be a better starting point for coherence than when someone thought up an idea of the interpretation 2 millennium later.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
A possibility most have not considered is that the Jesuits may install the head of their order, sometimes referred to as the "Black Pope," as the new Pope. See Tupper Saussey's Rulers of Evil for details.

"The current Superior General is the Reverend Father Adolfo Nicolás."
edit on 11-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

I lifted the above quote from here:

allthechildrenoflight.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: dah-de-lah

nice one

I hope not. If that's the outcome then the SHTF

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by iESOTERICuEXOTERIC

how is the last pope as of 7th then as per v.11?[ /quote]
The Greek word is 'seven' not 'seventh' .. so he is in some sense like the seven who preceded him.

how do you equate v.12 about the 10 horns and 10 kings?

It is something that follows his appointment so we will have to wait and see eh?

who was the king/kingdom when John received his revelation? That would seem to be a better starting point for coherence than when someone thought up an idea of the interpretation 2 millennium later.

I think it works on many layers not only one cherished one.
edit on 20/2/13 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/2/13 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It is something that follows his appointment so we will have to wait and see eh?

Or we have already seen it.

The modern papacy(8th) is the same but different to the medieval papacy (7th, yet to come) those reign did came to an end at one point. Rome is the kingdom to "is" at the time of writing (6th).

5 kingdoms have passed-
greece, persia, babylon, assyria, egypt........?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iESOTERICuEXOTERIC

Or we have already seen it.

The modern papacy(8th) is the same but different to the medieval papacy (7th, yet to come) those reign did came to an end at one point. Rome is the kingdom to "is" at the time of writing (6th).

5 kingdoms have passed-
greece, persia, babylon, assyria, egypt........?

I understand the Preterist view.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join