It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican confirms pope is to resign Feb 28th.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Vatican confirms pope is to resign Feb 28th.

www.guardian.co.uk

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign, the Vatican has confirmed.

Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger's papacy began in 2005. This is reportedly only the second time a head of the Catholic church has stepped down.

Sky News is reporting that the pope will leave his office on 28 February.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.cbc.ca
edit on 11-2-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Wow. Was anyone expecting this? I sure wasn't.

CBC says he is doing it with full freedom and is well aware of the all the implications it entails.

It seems his overall energy level at age 85 is just too low for him to continue. More to come as this is just breaking.

Head of the Roman Catholic Church for the past 8 years, everyone knew he was under a lot of stress, but nevertheless this is still a surprise at this moment, as popes usually die in office.

Will the following pope be called Peter of Rome as St Malachi's prophecy predicts?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CTV reports the following

VATICAN CITY -- Pope Benedict XVI has announced that he will resign Feb. 28, the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years. The decision sets the stage for a conclave to elect a new pope before the end of March.

The 85-year-old pope announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals Monday morning.

He said that because of his advanced age and diminishing strength, he didn't feel he could carry on the job.

CTV
edit on 11-2-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Finally, is the catholic church dead because we all know there is no magic man in the clouds.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

While some feel as you do, others don't.
This news will make for interesting days ahead.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
Finally, is the catholic church dead because we all know there is no magic man in the clouds.

Only an earthly man would make such a comment. Ever heard of "outer space" or "the universe"? Not trying to be malevolent but come on, use that gift please

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Here is the video of his announcement made in Latin.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
He looked at the geopolitical situation of the world and said "I'm too old for this sh#t."

I don't blame him.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Will the following pope be called Peter of Rome as St Malachi's prophecy predicts?

I was looking at another link regarding the prophecy and they had a list of other prophecies at the bottom of the page, then I saw this:

In 1909, while granting an audience, pope Pius X leaned back and closed his eyes. Suddenly he "awoke" and cried out: "What I see is terrifying. Will it be myself? Will it be my successor? What is certain is that the pope will quit Rome, and in leaving the Vatican, he will have to walk over the dead bodies of his priests."

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
so Palpatine is finally handing things over to young Vader then?

i expect he's sith to the back teeth of all the hassle at his age, no wonder

edit on 11-2-2013 by skalla because: extra bad pun

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well it looks like this video will soon be either confirmed or debunked.

We will also see the next pope become petrus romanus

en.wikipedia.org...

111 Glory of the olive. Benedict XVI (2005–2013) Joseph Ratzinger Chose the regnal name Benedict after St Benedict of Nursia, founder of the Benedictine Order. The order's crest contains an olive branch.

112 Peter the Roman, who will Nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

Interesting times indeed

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You know things are taking a turn for the worse when your cult's leader steps down. Time to find a new cult I think.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Please contribute to the already existing thread on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join