It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vow of defiance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I vow that I will not surrender. I vow to commit to my war. I vow to not fall to my knees and never rise again.

I may lose, I may doubt, I may fall.....But I will always rise. I will always remember. I will always be born of victory in the womb of liberty.

You will not break me. You will not cast my heart into darkness. I will stand firm in all that I am. I will no falter for long. I will not stay down for ever. I will not die quietly, eternally.

My soul is filled with light. My solemn spirit is heaven bound. I am not afraid. I am not in pain. I am not subject to your deception. I need you not. Your torment imposed is as nothing to me. Truth is my anchor. My rock.

There is no prize you can dangle in front of my eyes hoping to instill envy and lust. Greed has not touched my core. There is no threat you can make to keep me at bay.

The stick is the same as the carrot to me. I am not impressed. Death, is but a moment and my eyes have seen the infinite. My heart is a war hoarse in full gallop. I will not hide from you. I will not scurry to and fro as you laugh. I am here. Standing. Defiant.

My resolve is as light in the darkness. It does not run from the shadows. It goes boldly into the depth of night and casts away the void.

I will not suffer though you wish it. I will scoff at your imposed pain as if it were like that of the buzzing of a fly. I will not anguish though you seek it. I will be merry as you curse the very air I breath.

I am content. I am fulfilled. I am as one. You can not divide me. You will not break me.
My cup is overflowing. You can not empty me.

I am humanities smile.

edit on 11-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Wow very verbose
In short.......................... my signature
But good post heartwarming. Thanks
I hit rock bottom years ago and flipped coin as to which weapon I would shoot myself with.

After a shot of clarity provided my good friend JD I realized that's it ............... it can't get worse.......... so Cody chicken out or climb that mountain and shove that flag up life's backside ?

When you hit rock bottom to quote Yaz

new topics

join