It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I was talking about the Pope and being generous at 25%

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Why would they ask that?

To discover if a person already had experience for the job of being Pope?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

Yes according to the Prophecy of St. Malachy the next pope should be "Peter the Roman" and he will also be the last pope....a sign of the times (last days) perhaps.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Edit for this:

Here are a few popes who resigned:

Pope Benedict IX in 1045:

St. Peter Damian is alleged to have described him as "feasting on immorality"; the anti-papal historian Ferdinand Gregorovius wrote that in Benedict, "a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest... occupied the chair of Peter and profaned the sacred mysteries of religion by his insolent courses.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pope Gregory VI in 1046:

He was also the godfather of Pope Benedict IX, who was foisted on the papacy by his powerful family, the Theophylacti, counts of Tusculum, at the age of twenty. Benedict IX, wishing to marry and vacate the position into which he had been thrust by his family, consulted his godfather as to whether he could resign the supreme pontificate. When he was convinced that he might do so, he offered to give up the papacy into the hands of his godfather for a large sum of money. Desirous of ridding the See of Rome of such an unworthy pontiff, John Gratian paid him the money and was recognized as Pope in his stead.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pope St. Celestine V in 1294

Celestine V was not allowed to remain in solitude, however. His successor Pope Boniface VIII sent for him, and finally, despite the former pope's desperate attempts to escape, captured him and imprisoned him in the castle of Fumone near Ferentino in Campagna where, after languishing for 10 months in infected air, he died on 19 May 1296. Some historians[who?] believe Boniface might have had him murdered, a belief partly based on a hole found in the pope´s skull.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pope Gregory XII in 1415
en.wikipedia.org...

So it is not so unusual, but generally shrouded in conspiracy.

We need to keep a close eye on who the successor will be. The final Pope?
edit on 11-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The television stations (here in Sicily/Italy) are all running ‘Special’ News reports with lots of mixed reactions.
The word ‘courageous’ seems to be the catch phrase tagged on the announcement - though I would decline to agree the Papa is being courageous - not that I’m to judge or should.

One thing each channel/announcer seems to stumble over and/or mention in specifics is the Papa is quoting the exact moment he’ll ‘stop’ being the Pope. It’s a puzzlement to everyone.

I’m sure there are rules and specifics for how he steps down - just stating the precise moment is intriguing to people.

Me also. I’m going to spend some time poking around history and prophecies to see if there’s any significance to Feb. 28th 20:00.

peace

*Waves HI to Antar up there a post!*

edit on 11-2-2013 by silo13 because: fix type o

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Don't think i was missing the point, it was a light hearted comment about an 85 year old leaving his job. He looked decrepit when he took the job on - is it any surprise that several down the years he is feeling the strain?

To be honest though, i do not care either way. Catholicism means absolutely nothing to me so they could promote Barney the Dinosaur to Pope for all i care.

Again you miss the point. Catholicism may mean nothing to you but it means a whole lot to more than 1.2 billion at current estimates. Now given that those 1.2 billion people follow the words of just one man and you might see how powerfull a position the POPE is in.

Now take that position and put someone in it that is say influenced by the Powers that BE.... And you have just bought yourself 1 seventh of the entire planets souls and actions.

A hell of a lot more power than say the president of the US of A.....

Get me??

Korg.

No, to be honest i don't. Not really, anyway. There may be 1.2 billion Catholics but the vast majority of those that live in the West are pretty apathetic these days - they may be "Catholics" but they aren't particularly bothered one way or the other.

It isn't like the Middle Ages when the Pope was "inviolable" (although history shows that was only the case for the common man, even then).

He is an old guy who is a religious leader who has now decided that after 85 years on this planet, he fancies retiring.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

edit on 2/11/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
(for full disclosure I am a Catholic) Pure speculation but for the Pope to be the first to resign since 1415 (that's before Columbus sailed to Ocean blue...) it has to be a HUGE scandal. Keep in mind that he bestowed the Catholic equivalent of a pardon to the butler who stole materials that were considered to be very sensitive documents. So in attempting to decipher what the worst but possible reason for his resignation, I'm going with proof that in his youth he was not only a Nazi but a pedophile (there is nothing worse than a Nazi pedophile; right?)...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Things are about to get really weird, i think this is the year!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Will we will also see the next pope become petrus romanus?

en.wikipedia.org...

111 Glory of the olive. Benedict XVI (2005–2013) Joseph Ratzinger Chose the regnal name Benedict after St Benedict of Nursia, founder of the Benedictine Order. The order's crest contains an olive branch.

112 Peter the Roman, who will Nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

Interesting times indeed

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There are a few that are in the running. As I replied in another post, he will probably be from Italy.
Examine their coat of arms

You see a face in there? A couple more raise suspicion, from their literary works on moving the church forward.
Check itcardinals

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This guy will be the next pope (most likely). "Black Peter".
He fits very well into the New World Order.

In October 2011 Cardinal Turkson called for the establishment of a “global public authority” and a “central world bank” to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in dealing fairly with crises. The document, Towards Reforming the International Financial and Monetary Systems in the Context of a Global Public Authority was very specific, calling for taxation measures on financial transactions. It notes that “The economic and financial crisis which the world is going through calls everyone, individuals and peoples, to examine in depth the principles and the cultural and moral values at the basis of social coexistence,” it said. The document condemned what it called “the idolatry of the market” as well as a “neo-liberal thinking” that it said looked exclusively at technical solutions to economic problems. “In fact, the crisis has revealed behaviours like selfishness, collective greed and hoarding of goods on a great scale,” it said, adding that world economics needed an “ethic of solidarity” among rich and poor nations.[11][12]An accomplished polyglot, Turkson is able to speak English, Fante, French, Italian, German, and Hebrew, in addition to understanding Latin and Greek.

In response to the global economic crisis started in 2008, Cardinal Turkson together with bishop Mario Toso elaborated a proposal to reform the international financial system by creating a Global Public Authority and a Global Bank that consider the interest of all developing countries. The document of 40 pages was officially presented in October 2011 and criticizes the actual structure of International Monetary Fund and other institutions

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Pope is resigning, huh? It's a conspiracy!!!!

Well, it seems as they want to usher in the End Time Pope, Peter the Roman.

IF Peter the Roman comes into play my eyes will bug out.

Then, I will wait for the church to fall to its knees like no other time in history. Pedophile was just the cake, its gotta have icing on it now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

To be fair, if you were on the Council of Cardinals........it would be highly tempting to bestow "Peter the Roman" on the next Pope, wouldn't it?

You can imagine them sat there, chuckling away whilst sipping sherry.....

link   
If I were him, being the 111th pope, I'd resign too.
Why?
Well, I would want to be around to witness the fulfilling of the prophecy.

Now I'm not RK or anything, neither do I believe in the validity of these prophecies.
But if I were the pope and I did believe in the prophecy, the only way to witness all this while alive is to resign.

link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Who will take his place?

It will have to be one of the Kardashians, surely...

no doubt, it will probably be the one with the big butt

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

you'l need to be more specific mate

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I hope they elect the rome guy. Would be perfect.

All we need to do is make a strong cage and give these religious idiots all the "end time" koolaid they can drink.

This is a sure way to rid the world of religion.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo, they are saying he will resign on Feb 28th at 20:00 (8pm).....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by COINOP

I'm not sure what I'm suppose to see here.
A face? Where?
Explain?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join