It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by froglegs79
Just started reading this thread so I don't know if anyone has said this yet...

A new Pope cannot be elected till the current one, in this case, resigns. This puts the new Pope being elected around mid-March (if I remember with the time of voting and other rules). This time line makes the new Popes first major event Easter Sunday Mass, celebrating the Resurrection of Christ. If the new Pope is the Anti-Christ (as some believe) this is very odd timing...

Why would that be? You do know the origins of Easter right.

The original apostles and early New Testament Church did not observe Easter. Notice: “In the second century A.D., Easter Day was, among Christians in Asia Minor [these would be the Gentile churches that Paul raised up in places such as Philippi, Colossae, Galatia, etc.—and he warned the Galatians (4:9-10) about taking days such as Easter] the 14th of Nisan [or Abib] the seventh month of the [civil] Jewish calendar” (World Almanac, 1968 edit., p. 187). The date described here is not Easter Day, but rather the Passover—which was kept on the 14th day of the first month (Nisan) of the sacred calendar. The apostles and early Church did not observe Easter!

Where Did Easter Come From? Does the following sound familiar?—Spring is in the air! Flowers and bunnies decorate the home. Father helps the children paint beautiful designs on eggs dyed in various colors. These eggs, which will later be hidden and searched for, are placed into lovely, seasonal baskets. The wonderful aroma of the hot cross buns mother is baking in the oven waft through the house. Forty days of abstaining from special foods will finally end the next day. The whole family picks out their Sunday best to wear to the next morning’s sunrise worship service to celebrate the savior’s resurrection and the renewal of life. Everyone looks forward to a succulent ham with all the trimmings. It will be a thrilling day. After all, it is one of the most important religious holidays of the year. Easter, right? No! This is a description of an ancient Babylonian family—2,000 years before Christ—honoring the resurrection of their god, Tammuz, who was brought back from the underworld by his mother/wife, Ishtar (after whom the festival was named). As Ishtar was actually pronounced “Easter”

rcg.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Perhaps he found God?

Yes after the visit
www.usatoday.com...

The Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano reported this week that Benedict decided to resign after his trip to Mexico and Cuba, a mission that exhausted the 85-year-old pope. The Vatican said the six-day trip was a factor in Benedict's resignation.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes, but imho, and according to my own spiritual discernment, the Roman Catholic Church of modern times i.e. through the 20th century to the present, has been used or utilized for ulterior motives and a hidden agenda, to actually contain Christ and to bracket him, while allowing, via all manner of corruption, a permissive framework of evil to hold sway, and if some reports are to believed, active engagement in ritualized evil at the highest levels of the church hierarchy which may very well have been responsible in no small degree for the massive global phenomenon of child sex abuse.

Thus, to witness the rolling of the head (even voluntarily as a self decapitation), is not unlike the rolling of the stone by which the spirit of Christ is Liberated, set free to freely reign and to come and go without constraint or hindrance, set free for the sake of freedom that we might also come to freely love one another as we are loved

In such a framework Christ himself is then free to re-enter the church, you see, and so it's a wise act of courage on his part, to say, in effect, forgive me, it's back over to Christ who won the war whereby love conquors all.

This is about the person of Joseph Ratzinger (Benedict), not in the least, that's not the witch I'm referring to, but to something else much more fundamental, enough to persuade me that the Catholic Church is no longer at odds with itself, no longer a house divided, and thus the kind of place that anyone can feel free to freely enter and to come and go - it's like the doors flung open - to cheers and celebration.

I admire his act of courage and I pray for him, and ask him for his prayers too! Serious.

So it's not that you thought, my joyful celebration as a Christian of deep faith and personal experience.

It's a good day for the sake of the real and authentic church of Jesus Christ who is the body of all believers, and even unbelievers too (regardless of what they might believe). It's a day of spiritual liberation for none other than the spirit of Christ himself, imho.

Best Regards and God Bless,

NAM
ATS, February 11th, 2013.

So what you are saying is that you think it is a positive step for the Church and that his letting go will help bring her back to what she should be? Okay, I can swing with that. I had assumed it was yet another round of tasteless Catholic bashing. My apologies. Carry on.

Thank you.

Yes, I think it's a great day for the church, like having it's doors flung open and the spirit of Christ liberated to freely come and go.

Synchronistically, after I made that post, a friend of mine who's family are devout Catholics came by to visit me, and nearby we went to a small inner city park in Vancouver which happens to be across from the Holy Rosary Cathedral, and lo and behold they opened the front doors for a while, and you know what I was thinking..

Here's a nice image I came across of the front door of that same Church.

Monday, February 11th, 2013.

It makes me very happy as a Christian.

He did the right thing.

I sure hope my interpretation is right... and why not.

I will pray with him, for him and for the whole church, while celebrating what got knocked off.

This was a self inflicted decapitation for the sake of the goodness and love and power of Jesus Christ, which is a very good thing in my books making this a day of great triumph.

Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 via Twitter
Benedict XVI ‏@Pontifex

We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ

Hurrah!

edit on 11-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

So if I understand you correctly, the church is now going to open all secret vaults and sell all collected treasure so they can thread the needle?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrigamiUnicorn
I have read through about 3/4 of this thread, and with the slight risk of redundancy I would like to point out that Easter falls upon March 31 this year...

That is what strikes me as peculiar...I would have said the same thing if it was nearing Christmas...for obvious reasons.

Soooo close...ya figure he could at least eek out one more...now the scramble to have the new pope by Easter...

Someone pointed out he is leaving at the roman New Year.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PennKen2009

t says that the Father in Heaven alone knows when the end is, even Jesus couldn't tell the Apostles when He was still on Earth.

NO, it give a clear picture of how to tell you are at the end, that you would not know the DAY nor the HOUR.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enzo954
What a coincidence. I just watched a documentary on HBO a few days ago that was extremely revealing about how the Catholic church and the last few Pope's have covered up thousands upon thousands of child sex abuse cases by their priests. I had always heard about this on the news and what not, but this program really opened my eyes to how wide spread this abuse was throughout the world.

I highly recommend this documentary if anyone has the time to watch it. Very damaging to the church and especially the Pope's who kept the allegations covered up.

Here's some info on it or google.....Mea Maxima Culpa

www.rottentomatoes.com...

edit on 11-2-2013 by Enzo954 because: (no reason given)

The video says what would have been done if there was a slew of murders. I am afraid that there are probably bodies buried. orphan homes, children who said they would talk, I have no doubt that the evil that forced and raped these helpless ones would kill to keep secrets.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted but I don't have it in me at the minute to check through the last 24 pages. I came across this earlier and thought it would be of interest to some.

The ITCCS (International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State) Central Office in Brussels is compelled by Pope Benedict’s sudden abdication to disclose the following details:

“On Friday, February 1st 2013, on the basis of evidence supplied by our affiliated Common Law Court of Justice, our Office concluded an agreement with representatives of a European nation and its courts to secure an arrest warrant against Joseph Ratzinger, aka Pope Benedict, for crimes against humanity and ordering a criminal conspiracy.

This arrest warrant was to be delivered to the office of the “Holy See” in Rome on Friday, February 15th 2013.

It allowed the nation in question to detain Ratzinger as a suspect in a crime if he entered its sovereign territory.

The rest of the statement is here.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgar806
Interesting thing I just found here

In 1909, while granting an audience, pope Pius X leaned back and closed his eyes. Suddenly he "awoke" and cried out: "What I see is terrifying. Will it be myself? Will it be my successor? What is certain is that the pope will quit Rome, and in leaving the Vatican, he will have to walk over the dead bodies of his priests."

Benedict will be leaving Vatican City, and has now Quit Rome. The dead priests will be open to interpretation

Maybe he was influenced by the location. The place and even name The Vatican, is taken from the place which was where the fortunetellers "marketed their wares". I think this website proves there case well.

Where does the word "Vatican" come from and what does it mean?

The word derives from the Latin vates, which means "tellers of the future." This name was the name given to a hillside on the west bank of the Tiber River in Rome because daily lineups of fortunetellers used to hawk their "wares" there to passersby on the street. In the fourteenth century, when the papacy was returned to Rome from Avignon (France), the present-day Vatican became the residence of the popes, and the word came to refer to the enclave in the middle of Rome that had become the seat of the Roman Catholic Church.

biblelight.net...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Pope Benedict,citing health issues has resigned.I think there is nothing to this.From what I have read he never wanted the job in the 1st place.I know in this power obsessed society it's madness to walk away from a influential and powerful job.But,clearly he had enough.

What you say makes sense if this were a corporation, but think in terms of religion. You believe that God chose you through the vote, how can you quite a job given you by God and still be religious?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Nostradamus

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

If there are 111 Popes and not 112, when the pope leaves the Asteroid should appear.

Malachy allegedly says that there will be another pope after De Gloria Olivae. That pope is called simply Peter the Roman. Malachy says simply that after that event the Terrible Judge will judge the people.

That terrible JUDGE may be a meteor.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
This could very well be a big scandal but very strict Catholics take things very seriously we wouldn't necessarily be shocked at.

He could have had an affair or even just masturbated
He might have broke confidentiality of a confession
or any number of things non-devout Catholics would consider minor

If it is Alzheimers, the Catholic church should just admit it and stop all the speculation. There is no shame in it - it's purely a biological disease.

And yet by saying how it has nothing to do with him hitting his head in Mexico, it makes you feel they are saying it is just that.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by polyphemus75
reply to post by LeLeu

Pathetic attempt to slander a good man, he was a child who endured an evil you were lucky to have never experienced! Pope Benedict was in the belly of a satanic beast, he fought and survived to become a man of God and spread the Truth throughout the world! Unlike you, Benedict experienced the horrors of war and knew the face of evil very well, Benedict is a good man, he chose the light in a world that has gone dark! I hope you find God!

Yes you can see this by the way he stood up for the children and made sure they were safe.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by PennKen2009

Originally posted by McGinty
I know it's a long shot, but could the reason possibly be that he's 85 and he's knackered?

I'm less than half his age and i'd find his responsibilities pretty exhausting.

Maybe there is indeed something else afoot, but unless a decent clue comes to light, the doomsayers piping in with the End is Nigh crap are sounding very desperate.

AMEN! I think with John Paul II, they knew he was going to be dying soon anyways so that's why he kept the office, with Benedict, he isn't nearly as weak as his predecessor but wants to step aside feeling that someone younger than him can do a better job, be more active etc. From what I've read of St. Malachy's prophecy, the final one of 'Peter the Roman' and the entire prophecy, didn't show up for like 400 years after Malachy died. And if you follow scripture at all (and I know that it's been tampered with by men and all), it says that the Father in Heaven alone knows when the end is, even Jesus couldn't tell the Apostles when He was still on Earth.

Thanks for the illuminating info about Malachy.

This is one of those threads that really exposes the trolls that want to latch on to anything to dramatise their dull lives and in their cosy wet dreams watch the world burn just so they can say they were right.

Often, if a thread's potential story has merit these lunes are hidden amongst those who really have good theories to contribute. But here there is no story (so far), just a headline which can mean anything you want it to. Without good clues to go on, this is just an old guy needing a rest and the raving conspiracies are 100% hearsay and that way leads to confusion and disinfo.

Sure the guy looks a little creepy - all the more reason to wish him a pleasant retirement for all the stress such limelight may have caused him. If shadows under the eyes are a sign of ill will, then i'm sure more than half the web-life on this thread should probably be feared.
??

This is one of those threads that really exposes the trolls that want to latch on to anything to dramatise their dull lives and in their cosy wet dreams watch the world burn just so they can say they were right.

You don't think ATS a reasonable place to discuss prophecy and such? If the story has no draw to you why comment at all?
Doesn't that make YOU the troll coming on a thread you find uninteresting to insult participants?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville

Originally posted by ContractedMercenary
So what another pedophile lived a great and successful life, The only thing remotely interesting is to see which pedo gets elected to be super pedo pope for a couple years.

The tragedy is there was sexual abuse, but to say that every single individual priest on the planet is a pedophile is quite the statement. Do you have documentation to back up your claim that every priest on the planet is a pedophile? I love the general assumptions.

Where there priests that committed the abuse? Absolutely. Is every priest on the planet a pedophile by the very nature of them simply being a priest? I think not.

No but the scriptures does say, if the root of a tree is rotten the fruit is rotten and thereby the whole of the tree is rotten.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1337s0lja
The Roman Emperor Elagabalus (218-222 A.D.) was high priest of Baal (the sun god) in Syria and later became Roman Emperor. He established the cult of Sol Invictus Elagabal in Rome. Emperor Aurelian (270-275) made Sol Invictus the state religion of the Roman Empire and established a Latin college of high priests under the name Pontifices Dei Solis to which Constantine belonged which later evolved into the Roman College of Cardinals of the Vatican which elects every pope to this day. ----- Ibid p. 167

Since Lucifer is "the light" (the sun) maybe this could be the beginning and the ushering in of the antichrist.

Edit: Also to add, I got this out of David Flynn's book "Cydonia, the Secret Chronicles of Mars". I would suggest anyone who is interested in the mysteries to read it.
edit on 14-2-2013 by 1337s0lja because: More information.

Well the book is almost 300$!!!! 200$ used on Amazon, so maybe you should do a thread telling us wht is so valuable in it? Can't afford to buy it!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Molti paesi saranno scossi, genti si ribelleranno.
E uno solo riuscirà a parlare, appena in tempo
prima di morire.
Dirà i nomi di chi ha ucciso, rivelerà i loro segni
segreti. E il mondo intero insorgerà contro il gioco
dei potenti, la fratellanza segreta dei potenti, che
stava per ordire la schiavitù delle genti. I pochi
capi onesti sapranno unirsi, i colpevoli saranno
rovesciati.

Many countries will be shaken and the people will rebell.
And only one will be able to speak, just in time before dying.
He will say the names of those killed. He will reveal their secrets signs.
And the whole world will rise up against the game of the powerfuls, the secret brotherhood of the powerful, who
was about to order the slavery of the people. The few
honest leaders will join, the culprits will be overthrown.

You could make an approximated translation on google beta translation

www.propheties.it...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Maybe he will tell all before he dies and that is why he is leaving.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
Apologies if this has already been posted but I don't have it in me at the minute to check through the last 24 pages. I came across this earlier and thought it would be of interest to some.

The ITCCS (International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State) Central Office in Brussels is compelled by Pope Benedict’s sudden abdication to disclose the following details:

“On Friday, February 1st 2013, on the basis of evidence supplied by our affiliated Common Law Court of Justice, our Office concluded an agreement with representatives of a European nation and its courts to secure an arrest warrant against Joseph Ratzinger, aka Pope Benedict, for crimes against humanity and ordering a criminal conspiracy.

This arrest warrant was to be delivered to the office of the “Holy See” in Rome on Friday, February 15th 2013.

It allowed the nation in question to detain Ratzinger as a suspect in a crime if he entered its sovereign territory.

The rest of the statement is here.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

Right, this is very important information actually as it apparently explains the reason why Pope Benedict decided to resign so suddenly. If he and the RCC is in the process of being charged with these crimes against
humanity by the above mentioned organization (out of Belgium?) then it explains why there is the need for sudden shift and change of leadership-- All of this needing to occur within 30days just before Passover/Easter/
The Passion- 2013. It seems like only a very few people are discussing this point and it would be great if the post could be re-created with a PART II section so as to allow it to start over again, thereby making it a little bit easier to read and entertain comments and response. More comments on this subject would be appropriate.

Two more points, if the RCC is brought down on account of the charges, it could bring down Western civilization as we know it (see Malachi Martin interviews regarding 3rd Secret..).

Last point, Nostradamus mentions the arrival of Anti-Christ when Comets shower the skies.. so once again the timing on this is quite interesting as it may very well usher in the AC right during Passover/The Passion/Easter of 2013 March 31st. The comets and Nostradamus predictions about that is particularly interesting..wonder if any of you have additional insight and info on that..

Finally removing the RCC would be like removing God's Blessing upon humankind- a Removal of The Holy Spirit and a return to some sort of "EXISTENTIAL DREAD".. It would be very profound for Western Civilization existentially and many sincere honest good people would probably feel forms of existential discomfort and maybe even loss of meaning of life somehow-- It's sort of like we all get ex-communicated by virtue of having had the RCC taken away from us.. what do you think?
edit on 19-2-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

So what another pedophile lived a great and successful life, The only thing remotely interesting is to see which pedo gets elected to be super pedo pope for a couple years.

The tragedy is there was sexual abuse, but to say that every single individual priest on the planet is a pedophile is quite the statement. Do you have documentation to back up your claim that every priest on the planet is a pedophile? I love the general assumptions.

Where there priests that committed the abuse? Absolutely. Is every priest on the planet a pedophile by the very nature of them simply being a priest? I think not.

No but the scriptures does say, if the root of a tree is rotten the fruit is rotten and thereby the whole of the tree is rotten.

Ah yes, you're referring to Matthew 7:17-18. Go back up a couple of verses and you'll catch the crux of what Jesus is talking about; in this case He's talking about false prophets. Which has absolutely nothing to do with every priest on the planet being a pedophile by their simply being a priest.

Source

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Ah yes, you're referring to Matthew 7:17-18. Go back up a couple of verses and you'll catch the crux of what Jesus is talking about; in this case He's talking about false prophets. Which has absolutely nothing to do with every priest on the planet being a pedophile by their simply being a priest.

Source

It is saying the whole organization is rotten.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I was doing some research and found that biblical scholars are saying that the Church of Rome is the 'Whore of Babylon' described in Revelation 17.

There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

BABYLON THE GREAT

THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES

AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Also, it seems that some parts of Revelation 16 are coming true.

The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

Tigris And Euphrates Losing Water

I'm not religious but I do enjoy researching about religion and symbolism within the Bible.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join