It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Perhaps he found God?

The thought did cross my mind that he has become Born Again, judging by his
tweets and his Resig speech.
Either way wishing him well

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio

Originally posted by NickDC202

You are correct TheAnswer. My friend the Priest is going to review the original text in the language it was initially written to fully decipher the usage of renounce.

He did share with me that there is absolutely no Biblical or Roman Catholic significance to February 28.

Other than the the feast of Saint Romanus of Condat, St Abercius (a martyr) and the death of pope Hilarius. A lot of interesting things happened throughout history though. These are some of my favorites.

2003 United Nations chief weapons inspector Hans Blix said there is no evidence that Iraq has any weapons of mass destruction

1995 Denver International Airport opens

1986 European Economic Community sign "Special Act" for Europe free trade

1759 Pope Clement XIII allows Bible to be translated into various languages

1692 Salem witch hunt begins

edit on 11-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

Did anyone bring up that this is in the middle of Lent? Ash Wednesday is two days away.

If it is something like Alzheimers it had to come on very suddenly otherwise they would have waited until after Easter.

Easter is March 31. The new pope is usually elected a few weeks after the old pope dies. Perhaps this was timed so a new pope would be in place for Easter and Good Friday.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This could very well be a big scandal but very strict Catholics take things very seriously we wouldn't necessarily be shocked at.

He could have had an affair or even just masturbated
He might have broke confidentiality of a confession
or any number of things non-devout Catholics would consider minor

If it is Alzheimers, the Catholic church should just admit it and stop all the speculation. There is no shame in it - it's purely a biological disease.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Yes the cabal bosses are falling like a deck of cards it is a great day to see. The pressure from the good guys is too much. Soon the queen will follow and the rest of the cabal families. Good riddance to all of them. The light is winning and source has put out the decree 3d ended dec21 last year.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So many subjects on ATS where I want to scream, "self-fulfilling prophecy", but I'm not an expert on the issue.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Pathetic attempt to slander a good man, he was a child who endured an evil you were lucky to have never experienced! Pope Benedict was in the belly of a satanic beast, he fought and survived to become a man of God and spread the Truth throughout the world! Unlike you, Benedict experienced the horrors of war and knew the face of evil very well, Benedict is a good man, he chose the light in a world that has gone dark! I hope you find God!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This is good news as far as I can see. Although I'm not catholic I still don't believe a nazi responsible for deaths of jews should ever have been given the post.

A papal resignation for the first time in 600 years suggests to me that ether he was given an offer he couldn't refuse. Or indeed if he is a shill, his mission however occulted has been completed.

Good riddance in my book. If God exists he doesn't require churches or religious organisations to be a barrier between him and his followers.

"lift a stone and I am there.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
At this point there are so many signs and symbols going on concerning this that I feel they cannot be ignored.

Some "higher power" is warning us that something profoundly earth shattering may occur in the next couple of months.

I'm not a mystic or a prophet, but I study the signs. They are there for all to see. And, soon it will be undeniable to the world that things are not as they once seemed.

All I can say is be safe!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

The reference to the Black Pope has nothing to do with skin color or ethnicity. Just so you know.

Black Pope" is a derogatory nickname given to the Superior General[1] usually by the media (and never used by the Jesuits themselves). The name comes partly from the color of the plain black priest's cassock, worn by members of the Society, including the Superior General, partly from a past concern (most prominent around the 16th and 17th centuries) amongst Protestant European countries concerning the relative power of the Jesuits within the Roman Catholic Church, and partly because the Superior General is elected for life.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is a mere coincidence that an actual african is being considered to replace Pope Benedict.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I really want this book...

The Pope's Army: 500 Years of the Papal Swiss Guard

With the election of Pope Benedict XVI, the world witnessed the pomp and honor of the Swiss Guard, the "Pope’s Army." Now best-selling author and Crisis columnist Robert Royal takes us through the colorful 500-year history of the military guard that has witnessed every major Vatican event for half a millennium. Topics include: origins; five hundred years of fortitude; the Medici Popes; the sack of Rome; siege, dissolution, rebirth and the Napoleonic war; the unification of Italy; the Pope’s imprisonment; two World Wars; the Nazi occupation of Rome.

The Pope's Army

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I take it no one has heard of the Black Pope and the Jesuits...

He was probably instructed to step down.

I can put money on the Jesuits having a hand in Benedicts "Decision".
Somebody already remarked that their mother said he was a "Black and Evil" Pope or something to that effect.
He was not but his controllers were. The Black Pope is the real person in charge of the Holy See.

He is known as the Jesuit "General" and have been protecting the Vatican since its inception. Pre dating the Knights of Malta etc. A very evil lot of people. If I can find the quote about them smashing babys heads etc etc I will post it. Just google "Black Pope" and prepare to have your eyes opened.

Have a nice day!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Everything was planned for us 2000 years ago

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I would speculate the the following:

Either he is trying to stop further exposition of his role in the Ratlines during WW2,

or

He is trying to minimize further investigation of his role in the cover-up of the child-buggering Priests.

I dont think has anything to do with the Malachi predictions about the office of the Papacy.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You don't appear to have very much on your plate at the moment. Have you tried Bingo?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I just found out that there will be a total eclipse of the sun on November 3rd, 2013...

St Malachy's feast is celebrated on 3 November, so it won't clash with All Souls Day.

Source

That may or may not be significant.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009

Originally posted by McGinty
I know it's a long shot, but could the reason possibly be that he's 85 and he's knackered?

I'm less than half his age and i'd find his responsibilities pretty exhausting.

Maybe there is indeed something else afoot, but unless a decent clue comes to light, the doomsayers piping in with the End is Nigh crap are sounding very desperate.

AMEN! I think with John Paul II, they knew he was going to be dying soon anyways so that's why he kept the office, with Benedict, he isn't nearly as weak as his predecessor but wants to step aside feeling that someone younger than him can do a better job, be more active etc. From what I've read of St. Malachy's prophecy, the final one of 'Peter the Roman' and the entire prophecy, didn't show up for like 400 years after Malachy died. And if you follow scripture at all (and I know that it's been tampered with by men and all), it says that the Father in Heaven alone knows when the end is, even Jesus couldn't tell the Apostles when He was still on Earth.

Thanks for the illuminating info about Malachy.

This is one of those threads that really exposes the trolls that want to latch on to anything to dramatise their dull lives and in their cosy wet dreams watch the world burn just so they can say they were right.

Often, if a thread's potential story has merit these lunes are hidden amongst those who really have good theories to contribute. But here there is no story (so far), just a headline which can mean anything you want it to. Without good clues to go on, this is just an old guy needing a rest and the raving conspiracies are 100% hearsay and that way leads to confusion and disinfo.

Sure the guy looks a little creepy - all the more reason to wish him a pleasant retirement for all the stress such limelight may have caused him. If shadows under the eyes are a sign of ill will, then i'm sure more than half the web-life on this thread should probably be feared.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Lighting strikes St. Peters Dome.

Interesting this picture was taken the same day he made his announcement.

I wonder if this pic is actually really or not. ATS experts should be able to tell.

From Fox 2 Detroit

www.facebook.com...
edit on 11-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

I wonder that too.
Here's the video.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-2-2013 by Muha137 because: edited youtube code (don't know how that works :-/ )

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I was wondering if there was an oath of office or something taken by the pope at his enthronement? I know there is a special mass, but does he agree to do something like discharge his duties to the best of his abilities with God's help etc. If so, is there a clause about doing so till your earthly life is finished? If so and ex Benedict has decided to throw it in without good reason (as I understand it, health problems are not a good reason) then can it be inferred that he was never a real pope as he has not upheld his oath? In which case wouldnt that make the next pope number 111 on Malachy's list not this one? That would mean that the next one would be 111 "the glory of the olive". Just a thought. Are there any Benedictines in the race for the papacy?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VitaminQ

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
My two bob says, the next Pope will be Cardinal Peter Turkson, " Petrus Romanus"

and I also think in keeping with Pope Pius X prophecy, he will take on the name Pius.

“I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite he will die a cruel death." Pius X

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join