It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Your points are quite reasonable. However, to say that the last Pope was a doddering fool is taking it to the extreme. His body may have been failing, but I am fairly certain his mind was as nimber as it ever was. That man was no dummy. He could speak multiple languages with ease. Now, in regards to the recent Pope's announcement regarding his upcoming resignation?

It seems rather odd, but that is just me. I realize this action is not unknown to the institution but not a regular occurence. Since the last time this happened it was six-hundred-years ago. That is quite a stretch to put it mildly. Perhaps, it is as genuine as you have made it out to be? Age and deteroriating health has weighed heavily on his decision to resign. However, I still find it rather odd, and something may very well be afoot? Thanks for the reply!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

u also have to think about the people that are not catholic that will be effected. the enemies of the catholic church will also be effected in some way. how many enemies do you think the cathoolic church have?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't know how odd that timing is. A day of rising , energy rising - would be the perfect day to herald in a different rising. Or is not new energy to rise again? 2.5 billion peoples consciousness tuned in to the force of resurrection - nahhh... occult-ly speaking - I'd say it's the perfect time.

Sorry, should have quoted. This was a response to froglegs97 post about the odd timing of the abdication.

Cirque
edit on 11-2-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Indeed. Pope is a position one holds till they die. Last time a Pope resigned was in 14 hundred and something - but was due to a confusion over the election. Last time a pope willingly resigned was in 12 hundred and something. Benedict has obviously been forced out for some reason. Perhaps they are just becoming more civilized than poisoning a pope they don't like.

In fact, most popes end up in poor health and can't really do anything before they die in office. That's how it works.
edit on 11-2-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by Jakes51

Indeed. Pope is a position one holds till they die. Last time a Pope resigned was in 14 hundred and something - but was due to a confusion over the election. Last time a pope willingly resigned was in 12 hundred and something. Benedict has obviously been forced out for some reason. Perhaps they are just becoming more civilized than poisoning a pope they don't like.

In fact, most popes end up in poor health and can't really do anything before they die in office. That's how it works.

I dont think his resig is any big deal or any conspiracy. He just bowed down to recorded History.
Khuruschev on Stalins death said: Our History required Stalin.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Angelic Resurrection because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This seems to be a method of communicating something important between the commanding forces on Earth. Powerful persons sending messages to one another with signs and symbols so large they can't be misread or misunderstood. The question would then be, what does this signify? What's the message?

Maybe something is ready to go forward......
edit on 11-2-2013 by ElectricGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As regards this pope, he has in the past made several visits to the grave of pope Clementine V who if memory serves me right was the last 'official' pope to resign his seat, so its not a huge stretch to imagine that this was always his intention, to set a precedent for future popes.

The St Malachy prophecies are interesting but inconclusive and open to wild specuation and interpetation. That said if they elect a guy called 'peter' (I think Cardinal Turkas from Ghana is the only candidtate with that name currently) I'd find that intriging.

There is always a chance that these sperstitious old men that believe if a divine power might choose a 'peter' or a 'roman' just to fall in line with the prophacies, even though prophacy is not condonned under catholic dogma.

On a side note it means that the next papal conclave will co incide witht with the appearance of comet ISON so I'm sure Dan Brown is typing away furiously as we speak.

Astrologically, comets have been used to signify the start and end of pieriods of great disturption in the affairs of men, maybe he's taking this opportunity to lay the foundation of some future papal myth.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
OMG I was just introduced to this pic. Hilarious, its like he was type-cast to fit the role

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by Jakes51

Actually, that's not entire accurate. The last time a Pope resigned was in 1415, and that was in order to end the Western Schism, which was caused by politics in the Vatican.
From what I've read old Palps, sorry, Benedict, has arthritis and is also haunted by the dreadful state that John Paul II's last years left the Catholic Church in.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
what if obama takes over being the pope and is the pres at the same time! dun dun dun.. or when they impeach him then he will go be pope..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Dammit, I was going to post about this since most of my family are big Catholic holy rollers.

But ah well, going through most of this post, it seems most people are speculating it's because of the whole sex abuse scandal, while MSM is saying that it's because of ill health.

If it is the latter, I'm glad he's getting out while he is still conscious and walking unlike Pope John Paul II. The poor old bugger was in rough shape even before he went to the big boys school in the sky.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

He has to be Catholic.

Obama is some type of Protestant...don't know if it's Lutheran or something else

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by COINOP
There are a few that are in the running. As I replied in another post, he will probably be from Italy.
Examine their coat of arms

You see a face in there? A couple more raise suspicion, from their literary works on moving the church forward.
Check itcardinals

If you squint your eyes, you can see a face in the Papal ensign.

It looks like the Anonymous Guy Fawkes face.

Are you suggesting that the next Pope will be a member of Anonymous?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Maybe the illuminists told him to resign.

Then he resigned. Like planned.

i think you're close to the truth!

its more likely to be for a definite reason other than frailty. the elitists plans are experiencing some difficulty with the present pope so they may have made him an offer, resign or die. after all, the top elite are running everything!! why should they not run the popes life and influences. or the pope IS part of the criminal elite.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Perhaps he found God?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This news is just awkward.. I wonder if this has anything to do with the POPE covering up child molestations...??

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by COINOP
re·nounce /riˈnouns/

Verb 1. Formally declare one's abandonment of (a claim, right, or possession). 2. Refuse to recognize or abide by any longer.

re·sign /riˈzīn/

Verb 1. Voluntarily leave a job or other position. 2. Give up (an office, power, privilege, etc.).

So which is it?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I don't mean to troll, but how many time did you feel that something was about to happen and nothing happened?
Most of the time we only remember when we get it right

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by COINOP

In this particular context, the answer is probably;
"Renounce" in official documents, as giving up a claim.
"Resign" in the press, as a word that's more familiar to their readers.
Other press organs might be using "Quit".

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is really interesting to me.. To have someone with that much power and authority just willing give it up like that.. If it is as he stated " requires a sound mind and body" and he truly feels that he can no longer serve to his full potential.. That his concern over the 1,000,000,000 plus person congregation is that great.. Then I find his actions both noble and honorable.. If it isn't like he said.... WOW..

I had heard its been over 600 years since a pope resigned.. I thought that was a life long position like senators and supreme court justices (sarcasm)..

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join