It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by something wicked

Because he is the first Pope in six centuries to resign, you'll have to make room for a tin foil hats on a conspiracy site.

Especially considering the reasons why the past popes have resigned...

Especially since popes become popes for life, you aren't really supposed to quit. No doubt many popes had poor health near their death. If you think you are terminally ill, why not just wait a few months/years, and die?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Because he is the first Pope in six centuries to resign, you'll have to make room for a tin foil hats on a conspiracy site.

Sadly yes, that will be the case. Unfortunately that's because some people on this site never look at the obvious reason being the most likely - just too normal for them.

And whats the most obvious reason in this case? Considering the last resignation was almost 600 years ago, and all the popes since have left office by death. Most probably had bad health in their last years, but none quit. Read up on the reasons all the other popes resigned... And consider why it could be this one did...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I am a Roman Catholic and my education from high school through university was at Catholic educational institutions. While I am knowledgeable on Church history and doctrine, I am by no means an expert. Much of what I have been posting comes from my discussion with my friend the Priest who is an expert in those areas and whose thoughts I value beyond any doubt as he is someone who has no problem telling me if my thoughts about today's announcement were wrong or unlikely given his position in the Church. I was very surprised that not only did Father share my feelings that this announcement is much more involved than what is stated in the announcement, he pointed out wording in the announcement which hints at a greater reason for the announcement.

I'm looking forward to speaking with him later today after he has reviewed the announcement in its original language to help clarify some things he found surprising in the translated text.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I'm a little surprised that your friend would be shocked.

There were reports that came out around January 2012 that the Pope had considered resigning by his 85th birthday last April.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I'm a little surprised that your friend would be shocked.

There were reports that came out around January 2012 that the Pope had considered resigning by his 85th birthday last April.

And even from my post, the email I received was one of shock considering what Benedict had been doing VERY recently that pointed to his further involvement as POPE... not merely as a faithful Roman Catholic.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The prophets of the bible saw the end in their institution because everything ends. We just had 30 some Catholic Church's close it's door in my cities county. It's falling away. The pillars are crumbling. It's time to enact the prophecies so that out of the ashes of a system we have spiritually evolved from, out of those ashes the new born Phoenix will rise. It's just time. So buckle up Dorthy - 2.5 billion devout followers are going to cry and that cry will shake the world. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What can one say to this staggering piece of news? How can one actually articulate the emotions that such information inspires?

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO! YES YES YES YES I LOVE IT!

That might do it.

I couldnt be happier. I mean, short of the entire Vatican being wiped off the map by an act of God, I cannot see how the news could be better.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So now... I'm curious... will there be a Papal Election or a Papal Succession?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

There has been from what I can tell a type of war over what might be described as a universal controversy surrounding the issue of spiritual authority, and this Pope, like the last, did not fight the good fight, taking the more cowardly position of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". Thus they end up guarding the wrong gate and playing both sides against the middle while holding Christ captive with the Pope doing the devil's work to uphold what might be called a permissive framework for evil, like that perpetrated by the likes of George H.W. Bush.

Such a man in that kind of position is really between a rock and a very hard place, which in the case of Joseph Ratzinger clearly took its toll.

His object now is to devote the rest of his life to prayer both to save his own soul and if possible to bring Christ back into the church hierarchy.

This was a self inflicted decapitation for the sake of the goodness and love and power of Jesus Christ, which is a very good thing in my books making this a day of great triumph.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
What can one say to this staggering piece of news? How can one actually articulate the emotions that such information inspires?

That might do it.

I couldnt be happier. I mean, short of the entire Vatican being wiped off the map by an act of God, I cannot see how the news could be better.

I'm with you!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You have to remember that a) he's 85, b) that he has arthritis and c) he witnessed the appalling spectacle of John Paul II dying slowly in office, a martyr to duty.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just looks like a nice piece of spin,he's about to die,hhmmm how to draw some attention,
Ha resignation hasn't been done in a while,won't cause damage,job done

watch the viewing figures for the signing in of the next one

sorry did that sound cynical ?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The world will accept the resignation of Pope "Hitler Youth" Benedict immediately if you agree to melt all your gold for giving unto the poor, start actually paying taxes like the rest of us, and agree to publicly execute/castrate pedophile priests. That's a start.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
He's got his conscience. I'd quit my job too if it appeared end times with all unpleasant signs pointing at the chair I was sitting in. In the Prophecy of the Popes, Benedict is the glory of the olive, a plant related to peace. In war, can he keep going under that identity? Not likely.

I think it's about the money as one tribulation. Economy is collapsing and people are going poor. The banks responsible for rearranging cash that went back to the Vatican are losing those accounts. Up and coming cardinals are suggesting global currency unity.

Another tribulation is allegiance. Surely to God, but then there are countries that are squabbling over power and the RCC is left with tension between sides.

Another tribulation is global godlessness in governance. World religion isn't going to happen with world government or world currency.

In another world, I was living somewhere else, and the challenges were against the Vatican by the up and coming government powers. There was serious threat beyond a crazy red sweater girl jumping down the aisle. From that perspective, only in a dream to me, he rich guys didn't want to have to fork out the cash to protect the Vatican from anything that might involve big attack like a WMD. In other words, a denial of global authority despite global presence. This denies the Pope down to a celebrity level, denying diplomatic importance, in the face of more eastern-centric political deals. With guys that wear turbans instead of fish hats and red yarmukles, get my drift? So, unless his holiness has an oil field under the ground (earth types care only about the underground oil, not the above kind) where his office is, they won't be sitting down to chat.

I don't know how it works there because I haven't been paying attention. Some other types of Christians seem to think the whole establishment has a different face according to the Bible, not so great.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Anyone hear anything about the lightening that supposedly hit the Vatican tonight?
No joke. I'm still looking for info.

EDIT:

Yep - all true...

Lighting strikes Dome of St.Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

peace
edit on 11-2-2013 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

This was a self inflicted decapitation for the sake of the goodness and love and power of Jesus Christ, which is a very good thing in my books making this a day of great triumph.

Sunday Feb 10th, 2013
Benedict XVI ‏@Pontifex We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Especially considering the reasons why the past popes have resigned...

Especially since popes become popes for life, you aren't really supposed to quit. No doubt many popes had poor health near their death. If you think you are terminally ill, why not just wait a few months/years, and die?

And why? What benefit does that bring? You are using your own logic, but it's flawed. Who said the Pope is terminally ill, this is a very very demanding role. Ahhh, just go on and put your own views as though they mean anything

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Tom Horn (www.raidersnewsupdate.com) talked about this last year. He said the pope was going to resign or die because of his age. This is actually part of a long Pope prophecy predicted by St. Malichy, the next pope in the prophecy is Petrus Romanus or Peter the Roman. According to the prophecy, this will be the pope to usher in the antichrist (whatever that may be im not sure). This is quite significant since its been 600 years since this has happened. I also find it weird that they will be choosing a new pope in March. March is the old Roman New Year. Spooky stuff.

As the legend goes, Malachy experienced what is today considered a famous vision commonly called “The Prophecy of the Popes.” The prophecy is a list of Latin verses predicting each of the Roman Catholic popes from Pope Celestine II to the final pope, “Peter the Roman,” whose reign would end in the destruction of Rome. According to this ancient prophecy, the very next pope (following Benedict XVI) will be the final pontiff, Petrus Romanus or Peter the Roman. The final segment of the prophecy reads:

In persecutione extrema S. R. E. sedebit Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus: quibus transactis civitas septicollis deruetur et judex tremendus judicabit populum. Finis.[xii]

Which is rendered:

In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations; when they are over, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible or fearsome Judge will judge his people. The End.[xiii]...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

That might do it.

Wow, it really is half term isn't it? Pathetic, purely pathetic.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

The Council of 7 has spoken.

So is the new pope the false prophet of revelation?

So all the religions get their guy.

Pope / an evil fake Christ = Christians
Messianic Prophet/ a fake Messiah = Judaism
An anti-Mohammed / "New" fake prophet of islam = Islam
Babylonian/Egyptian/Sumerian Luciferian High Priest = neo-PagansIlluminatiSatanistsSun Worshipers
World teacher = Atheists/Agnostics

edit on 11-2-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join