It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 10
144
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
yes indeed! he has to name his successor... and his name shall be, Darth Vader! The guy is is an old devil worshiper.. and so shall the next one be... there is no conspiracy to this... just an old person to old to wear gold!




posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111
 

Maybe he read this thread at ATS and decided enough was enough and that he needed his remaining days to repent and be saved..?

Serious Question: Why does the Pope look so freaking EVIL?



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Surely, the Vatican is fully aware of the Saint Malachy prophecy.

Would they really call the new Pope `Peter`? I mean, that would be wanting to fulfill the prophecy at all costs..



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson (born 11 October 1948) fits all the prophecies and all the standing procedures for being the next Pope.

THE TALKS ABOUT CHOOSING HIM HAS ALREADY STARTED!

- As he studied in Rome, he ALREADY HAS THE NICKNAME of "Peter The Roman" in his native village.- He is from Ghana - There is great pressure in the Catholic Church to have a 3rd world Pope.

- Anoher prophecy states that the last Pope will be "the son of a Turk" - His name is literally "Turkon"
- A young Pope is always follwed by an old one and vice versa. So, the next should be young. Turkson is the second youngest Cardianl.

- Standing procedure in the Catholic Chrch is to have Popes from countries that lack political, economic and military power. Who the hell could be challenged by Ghana?

- Turkson is close to the last two Popes' doctrinal factions.

- Turkson and Ghana is utterly free from all the child molesting allegations. When thugs are regularly hacking up your parishioners and priests with machettes and burning your churches down, one does not tend to think about that sort of thing!

- SAME BORNDATE AS MABUS (NOSTRADAMUS PROPHECY, en.wikipedia.org...)






Farewale folks!



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by Flavian
From part of his statement:

His.....


'strength of mind and body had deteriorated so greatly in the last few months that he could no longer continue with his ministry'.


To anyone with elderly relatives or experience with the elderly this really should come as no surprise. When you get to proper old age, health can deteriorate very quickly. People can go from healthy to dead in a matter of months. The guy is 85 and says he is too old and frail now. I know this is ATS but i really do not see any conspiracy here.

If i am totally honest, i bet the decision to get him on Twitter made his decision for him!


In other positions I would have to agree with you, however this is the pope, and as far as I am aware Popes die in their role, this is what they aspire too, dying as Gods Bishop on earth.. and a pope walking away from his duty to his flock seems an alien notion.

I hope I was succinct enough to convey the ?? that surrounds this decision.


I can understand the question (if not some of the theories that surfaced so predictably in other posts).

He leads a global faith and his doctor has told him to stop long air travel. He also acknowledges his human frailty and believes he is no longer able to perform this demanding role. I maybe paraphrasing, but that is in effect what he has said. While it may seem an alien notion, it is not without precedent and in its own way is the act of a very humble person who acknowledges this. I for one respect what must have been a very, very difficult decision to make.


I am sure we will agree to disagree on this, and I certainly am not calling conspiracy..
just stating this is odd.. very very odd.. and the old age simply does not wash with me..
I guess that last part is due to my upbringing, Roman Catholic.. A pope simply does not abandon his flock..


Hi, nothing to agree or disagree on really. There is a precedent, and if age and physical and mental frailty that stop him from performing his role in the manner he believes he should doesn't wash with you then I can only say I'm glad you are not my boss



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It hasn't been done in 600 years..



Apparently it took them by surprise




edit on 11-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
reply to post by theAnswer1111
 


You are correct TheAnswer. My friend the Priest is going to review the original text in the language it was initially written to fully decipher the usage of renounce.

He did share with me that there is absolutely no Biblical or Roman Catholic significance to February 28.


Other than the the feast of Saint Romanus of Condat, St Abercius (a martyr) and the death of pope Hilarius. A lot of interesting things happened throughout history though. These are some of my favorites.

2003 United Nations chief weapons inspector Hans Blix said there is no evidence that Iraq has any weapons of mass destruction

1995 Denver International Airport opens

1986 European Economic Community sign "Special Act" for Europe free trade

1759 Pope Clement XIII allows Bible to be translated into various languages

1692 Salem witch hunt begins


edit on 11-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
reply to post by SilentKoala
 


Has to do with the prophecies of Malachi Martin of the last pope.Two more popes after Pope John Paul the second predicted that a man Peter the Roman might be the last pope which could be this man he is on the short list for the next pope. whos name just happens to be Peter, Peter Turkson en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-2-2013 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)


That's Peter the Ghanian, as in from Ghana, not Rome.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The guy looks like he's already got one leg up on the deathbed.


Even the Pope needs to look out for his own well being every now and then. That being said, did they really expect this man to hold that position for very long? I mean seriously, he looked like he was already deathly ill when he got the job.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
all bull#. doom tards....




According to Feijóo, Chacón, who held a great intellectual prestige at the time, was lured into commenting the prophecies by someone who wanted to help cardinal Girolamo Simoncelli (1522–1605) reach the papacy. By showing them to be accurate till Urban VII, it was expected people would believe the following ones. That way, Girolamo Simoncelli's election as pope would be easier, since the prophecy after Urban VII's one tells about a pope Ex antiquitate urbis (from the antiquity of the city), a fact that seems to fit him, who was cardinal of Orvieto (literally "old city", urbs vetus), or at least better than Gregory XIV, who was elected pope after Urban VII. Thus, the forgery would have been unsuccessful, since Simoncelli was not elected pope. Jesuit father Claude-François Menestrier also claimed that the prophecies were forged in order to help the papal candidacy of Girolamo Simoncelli, offering similar reasons to those of Feijóo. Spanish historian José Luis Calvo points out that the prophecies seem to be very accurate till Urban VII, fitting perfectly even the antipopes, but that afterwards great efforts have to be made in order to make the prophecies fit their pope. Feijóo's explanation is usually regarded as being the strongest evidence of the forgery.

'
en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by Flavian
From part of his statement:

His.....


'strength of mind and body had deteriorated so greatly in the last few months that he could no longer continue with his ministry'.


To anyone with elderly relatives or experience with the elderly this really should come as no surprise. When you get to proper old age, health can deteriorate very quickly. People can go from healthy to dead in a matter of months. The guy is 85 and says he is too old and frail now. I know this is ATS but i really do not see any conspiracy here.

If i am totally honest, i bet the decision to get him on Twitter made his decision for him!


In other positions I would have to agree with you, however this is the pope, and as far as I am aware Popes die in their role, this is what they aspire too, dying as Gods Bishop on earth.. and a pope walking away from his duty to his flock seems an alien notion.

I hope I was succinct enough to convey the ?? that surrounds this decision.


I can understand the question (if not some of the theories that surfaced so predictably in other posts).

He leads a global faith and his doctor has told him to stop long air travel. He also acknowledges his human frailty and believes he is no longer able to perform this demanding role. I maybe paraphrasing, but that is in effect what he has said. While it may seem an alien notion, it is not without precedent and in its own way is the act of a very humble person who acknowledges this. I for one respect what must have been a very, very difficult decision to make.


I am sure we will agree to disagree on this, and I certainly am not calling conspiracy..
just stating this is odd.. very very odd.. and the old age simply does not wash with me..
I guess that last part is due to my upbringing, Roman Catholic.. A pope simply does not abandon his flock..


Hi, nothing to agree or disagree on really. There is a precedent, and if age and physical and mental frailty that stop him from performing his role in the manner he believes he should doesn't wash with you then I can only say I'm glad you are not my boss


LOL
I'm not a bad boss
I jsut feel the Popes job is for life, but if that means he wanders around the Vatican going "wibble" I have no issues.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by theAnswer1111
 

Maybe he read this thread at ATS and decided enough was enough and that he needed his remaining days to repent and be saved..?

Serious Question: Why does the Pope look so freaking EVIL?


This Pope has been regarded as one of the most intelligent students and writers of theology of the modern age. That link is to pathetic schoolboy level drivel. Not sure I could see any connection.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by NickDC202
 


There is no doubt about that. But, really, it could just be that the man is old and realizes he can't do the job right any more and doesn't want to be remembered in his last years as a sickly mess upon the papal throne.


I agree with your rationale octotom, but it completely goes against tradition and protocol of the Catholic Church which makes this announcement quite surprising and somewhat suspect given Benedict XVI is theologically conservative in his teaching and his writings defend traditional Catholic doctrine and values.

To understand the gravity of this announcement, consider this:

The History of Papal Resignations
Papal resignations are extremely rare, there have been four in the two millennia history of the Catholic Church.



Marcellinus: This early church pope abdicated or was deposed in 304 after complying with the Roman emperor's order to offer sacrifice to the pagan gods.

Benedict IX: Sold the papacy to his godfather Gregory VI and resigned in 1045.

Celestine V: Overwhelmed by the demands of the office, this hermetic pontiff stepped down after five months as pope in 1294.

Gregory XII: The last pope to resign, Gregory XII stepped down in 1415 to help end a church schism.


Therefore given Benedict XVI's undying commitment to Catholic traditions and noting the rarity of Papal resignations, one can decipher that the reason for this resignation is more involved than someone wanting to spend more time with his family...



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
You guys are Aware of the Prophecy of the 112 Popes?

Supposedly there was a Saint who predicted all the next 112 Popes with descriptions about them, and said that after 112th pope arrives and serves, is when the Anti-Christ also comes into the picture.

[Prophecy of Popes Wiki

The prophecy says, that Benedict (who is resigning) is number 111, which means the next Pope will be 112.



Perhaps, just perhaps, we can place this prophecy in the same category as the Myan 2012 prophecy?



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by z00mster

Originally posted by NickDC202
reply to post by theAnswer1111
 


You are correct TheAnswer. My friend the Priest is going to review the original text in the language it was initially written to fully decipher the usage of renounce.

He did share with me that there is absolutely no Biblical or Roman Catholic significance to February 28.


What's significant about the date is that it's the last day of the month.
That means not so much hassle to make his last pay check (as opposed to resigning a few days in the next month).

Administrative convenience


Ha! That's pretty damn funny.

Not sure if you meant it to be or not, but it struck me just right (and pretty logical at the same time.)


I do think there is potential significance to the date.
A new Pope may be choosen no sooner than 15 and no later than 28 days after the last.
28 Days later is Holy Thursday. The start of the big weekend.
The first calendar I looked at gave me Good Friday. That was a bigger deal in my opinion...so do they count the 28 from the day he leaves or the first day without a Pope???

"The day of Christ's death is the day of sin. The sin which polluted God's creation from the breaking dawn of time reached its frightful climax on the hill of Golgotha. There, sin and evil, destruction and death came into their own. Ungodly men had Him nailed to the Cross, in order to destroy Him. However, His death condemned irrevocably the fallen world by revealing its true and abnormal nature."

source

I was always taught that Holy (Good) Friday is basically the day that yes, we were saved, but that God is essentially absent from the world leading up to the Holiest day of the year. That Friday and the next day are the only two days of the year in which there is no celebration of the eucharist.

In likely less relevant timing it is within 24 hours of the full moon.

Take if for what it is but it feels potentially important to me as does his stepping down in the first place

edit on 11-2-2013 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by watcher3339 because: eidt: search fail on my part!



There is potential significance in everything. And I would be the last to judge hypothesis and speculations.
In fact, I'm guilty of fabricating these myself. But I just wanted to make a (hopefully funny) down to earth remark.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis

Originally posted by wwwchronos
Interesting is resignation is happening on 11th
or on unlucky 13
it also could be a papal scripts recently leaked from his office by his apprentice
it could be a somekind of blackmail
it could be a prophecy is coming true
it could be he is presured by us recently visit
it could be he is sick and just gave up

it could be a various things, or al combined
edit on 11-2-2013 by wwwchronos because: (no reason given)




it could be anything!!!!

sorry dude you are LOL


thats point, maybe.
Members know what about
edit on 11-2-2013 by wwwchronos because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
Therefore given Benedict XVI's undying commitment to Catholic traditions and noting the rarity of Papal resignations, one can decipher that the reason for this resignation is more involved than someone wanting to spend more time with his family...

Indeed, it's highly significant. It's almost as if he's cutting off the head in the hope of bringing back the spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ to the apex of the hierarchy, which many reports have indicated had become utterly corrupted at all levels including the Satanic, forces of evil which he himself may have come to embody as the "head".

I personally feel that this represents a day of triumph for the sake of the goodness and love of Jesus Christ.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by wwwchronos
 
Some people dismiss numerological links as nonsense and simple pattern recognition. I feel otherwise.

I'm still studying numerology but I do know that 11 is a very powerful number. One of the master numbers.



yes it is.
In some societies eleven is important number, symbolical. This pope case will be discussed and rcognized in time wich come.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
With all the intervention these days from Anonymous, it would not surprise me at all if there was some disclosure of some sort about to drop that may have precipitated the resignation.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 





new topics

top topics



 
144
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join