It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope Benedict to resign

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So the Pope is out in the cold and retiring, is he? Ahh... I just have one request for the Holy See in going forward. It's a small thing, really...just a cultural buga-boo perhaps but if they can manage it? I mean if it's not TOO much trouble....?

Can they pick someone who IS NOT straight from central casting for THE EVIL ONE by sheer appearance alone?!

I mean, I suppose there isn't a "proper look" for the Head of the Roman Catholic Church but this one started the job looking like he came out the wrong end of a bargain with the Devil himself.

Really...just for appearances sake? Can we all just hope for a guy with a friendly face and a bit less obsession with ruling the WORLD outside the Church??? (Given the crisis and near non-stop scandal within the Church, they have plenty to do right there, I'd say.
)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just replying so I can read up on this later. Maybe the president will be announcing something earth shattering in his State of the Union Address? I'm sure when I get home from work I will have alot to read. Thanks for the heads up!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Yes. 600 years ago. Its their duty to let go when they feel and pray about not being able to continue.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If they do get another one then does it rule out any conspiracy about him being the last pope?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Has a Pope ever resigned before? I thought they either died due to natural causes or died due to ingestion of a poison. Maybe they tried poison and it had no effect.
Well, he looks like evil incarnate!

P

Poison would have no effect on this man. He is poison.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

well there is still one pope to go so conspiracy if not Benedict XVI is not the last pope

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by SprocketUK

Yes. 600 years ago. Its their duty to let go when they feel and pray about not being able to continue.

Kind of odd that it hasn't happened since, ain't it. Bet your @ss they weren't all hale and hearty right up to the moment they croaked. So you'll excuse me for thinking this resignation is a little fishy. I don't necessarily subscribe to the prophesies already mentioned, but I shan't dismiss them out of hand either.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
If they do get another one then does it rule out any conspiracy about him being the last pope?

No... well... "yes" sord of.

The prophecies of st malachy clearly put a division between this one and the next. So in reality no this is not the "last pope" but it is the last "pope as you know it" because the next pope will be an entirely different "pope".

The LAST pope will be an "end times pope". Not the kind of pope you're used to. There is a division between the current pope and the next, and it is said that although there are 112 names in the prophecy, there's only 111 popes and a division to the next.

Now the thing is, the "last pope" is supposed to be called peter and no pope has ever called himself Peter (because of St Peter) - this would be Peter II (since well... the first is St Peter himself) - I seriously doubt that we'll see a pope called Peter. But if its the end times, it makes sense to begin with a Peter and ending with a Peter.

If by any chance this next pope adopts Peter as the name, and specially if the church accepts it then wow... I'll be a believer from then on!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There has to be more to it than ill health.
As far as i know, a pope hasn't resigned in hundreds of years.
They die on the job. I mean they were propping up the last geezer JP.

Maybe his Hitler Youth past is catching up with him.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themanwithnoname
There has to be more to it than ill health.
As far as i know, a pope hasn't resigned in hundreds of years.
They die on the job. I mean they were propping up the last geezer JP.

Maybe his Hitler Youth past is catching up with him.

Not sure about the exact reason for his resignation, but I agree completely with you about them propping him up.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just noticed Peter Turkson's name is Peter Turk son, son of a Turk. The term Turk was at one time synonymous with Muslim. So his ancestor could have been a Muslim convert? Whatever, but I cant see him being Peter the Roman.
edit on 11/2/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have often wondered if the church, in knowing these prophecies have leaned toward fulfilling them, themselves by leaning toward Popes that fit into the boxes that the prophecy makes,

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

thanks for the info! your the best!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
List of living cardinals

I"m not sure which one has Rome.
IF the St. Malachy prediction is correct, then I'd think that would be the next pope.
I never bought into that prediction before.
But when Ratzinger took Benedict for a name ... I switched to believing it is probably true.

Interesting stuff, to be certain! How familiar are you with the Malachy prophecies? I know there is debate on whether there were 111, or 112, listed, and whether the "last" one, Peter of Rome, was in his original works or not. Any ideas on that? Also, do you know of someplace we can see the full text (English, preferably) of what he wrote? I have never decided how seriously I took the stuff, but it's certainly worth looking into, to see how accurate it actually is. There is certainly no reason there could not be a post-Bible prophet; that gift wasn't spoken of as obsolete, after all.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bintang
On 9 December 2008 Benedict XVI accepted the resignation of Arinze as prefect of the Congregation of Divine Worship. His successor, who took office that same day, is Cardinal Antonio Cañizares Llovera.[4] On 1 November 2012 Cardinal Arinze lost his eligibly to participate and vote in any future conclaves occurring as the result of any period of sede vacante.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, one black Pope out of the way....

So....not being able to participate in the conclave and vote means he could not be chosen by others? Do they only choose from the enclave? Never was clear on all that stuff.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The resignation of Benedict probably and most likely boils down to something todo with money, sex...well....maybe not, but these are strange times.....drugs. (The guy just has an uncontrolable habbit for rock and roll
)
edit on 12/2/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join