It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope Benedict to resign

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
One thing about this whole business is just how far reaching the Church is in our society.
I'm neither a Catholic or a Christian, but this news really made me sit up, and judging from the threads on here and the coverage on the telly. It's a big deal for a significant portion of humanity. Isn't that amazing in its own right? That's not even taking into account the various prophecies and conspiracies that surround it already.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Surprising news, but I feel resigning makes a better transition than if he had suddenly died. As for this beening part of a prophecy, well...guess we will soon find out.

I agree, resigning is quite a nice way to change the pope, no need to feel saddened by the death, and everyone in voting etc. can concentrate on the new pope, rather than the one that just passed away. And we will find out, no doubt it will be like 21.12.2012.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
EDIT: don't see anything about pedophilia on the page

Wikipedia got it fixed FAST. It said that the cardinals papablility was in question because, as of yet, he hadn't engaged in pedophilia but he was expected to soon ...

This is why Wikipedia is a bad source of info to use ... hackers ....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
could this be the next one?
Tarcisio PIETRO Evasio Bertone

He was born in the town of Romano Canavese, which literally means "Roman in the Canavian district". So his home town is named "Roman"

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
One thing about this whole business is just how far reaching the Church is in our society.
I'm neither a Catholic or a Christian, but this news really made me sit up, and judging from the threads on here and the coverage on the telly. It's a big deal for a significant portion of humanity. Isn't that amazing in its own right? That's not even taking into account the various prophecies and conspiracies that surround it already.

Think you will find that the majority of people on earth are not christian.

So MSN driving yet another sinister agenda?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad

He was born in the town of Romano Canavese, which literally means "Roman in the Canavian district". So his home town is named "Roman"

I'm still with Angelo Comastri.

He is the current President of the Fabric of Saint Peter, Archpriest of St. Peter's Basilica, and Vicar General for the Vatican City State.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Interesting .. he's a 'peter' .. he's a roman .. he's papable .. and there is a huge controversy with him in regards to the third secret of fatima (if you can believe wikipedia ...

Bertone has been accused of lying about the content of the Third Secret of Fatima in his book, The Last Secret of Fatima,[27] and also in televised appearances.[28][29] After Bertone's book was published, Italian journalist Antonio Socci published an article entitled, Dear Cardinal Bertone: Who—between you and me—is Deliberately Lying?.[28] Catholic attorney Christopher Ferrara wrote an entire book called The Secret Still Hidden (content available online) aimed at exposing and debunking the claims of Cardinal Bertone with respect to Fatima.[29] The book contains an appendix entitled, 101 Grounds for Doubting Cardinal Bertone's Account. In particular, it is claimed that Bertone engaged in a systematic deception along with Cardinal Sodano and Cardinal Ratzinger to cover-up the existence of a one-page document containing the words of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which some believe contains information about the Apocalypse and a great apostasy.[29][30] Bertone denied that he told anything less than the full truth about Fatima in a televised appearance.

ETA .. and he is the one that the Vatican goes to, to 'make nice' with the Muslims ....
edit on 2/11/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

EDIT: don't see anything about pedophilia on the page

Wikipedia got it fixed FAST. It said that the cardinals papablility was in question because, as of yet, he hadn't engaged in pedophilia but he was expected to soon ...

This is why Wikipedia is a bad source of info to use ... hackers ....

I know this is off topic, but considering how fast it was fixed, this is not a good example of how Wikipedia is a bad source of info, this is an example of why Wikipedia is a great source of info. And they aren't called hackers, this had nothing to do with hacking. If you know how to use Wikipedia, its a great asset (eg. I found out very quickly what the offensive content was, when it was there, who made it, and when it was fixed).

Originally posted by magma

Think you will find that the majority of people on earth are not christian.

So MSN driving yet another sinister agenda?

Nope, MSN is just reporting the news. If you don't think this is news, well...

Back on topic, the pope is now set to resign at the end of the month, and there will be a new pope by Easter. Does the pope have any say on who the next pope will be? So could that be the reason he resigned?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Not sure it's a case of MSM driving it. There's already huge interest. And it's that which is a little shocking. The number of people who feel this touches upon their lives who wouldn't consider the Catholic Church to be in any way relevant to their lives. I include myself in that number.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

considering how fast it was fixed, this is not a good example of how Wikipedia is a bad source of info, this is an example of why Wikipedia is a great source of info.

Good point.

Does the pope have any say on who the next pope will be?

None.

Ya'll .. see if you can get ahold of the book - CONCLAVE.
It explains everything and even goes into what the Cardinals look at when voting.

One big thing .. whoever it is HAS to speak fluent Italian.
That's how it works ...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Lots of people in high places being replaced right now. New Secretary of State, there's a new Archbishop of Canterbury, Queen Beatrix has just abdicated in favour of her son, and now the Pope is taking an early retirement. If I were a conspiracy theorist, (and of course I'm just here for the Fragile Earth forum), I'd be speculating and looking for interesting connections. Some serious changes happening to quite a few areas of society, right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Not sure it's a case of MSM driving it. There's already huge interest. And it's that which is a little shocking. The number of people who feel this touches upon their lives who wouldn't consider the Catholic Church to be in any way relevant to their lives. I include myself in that number.

I can see there is huge interest. But if I didn't log into ats I would have gone to sleep and never known.

My wife is sleeping and she doesn't know . My daughter is 5 and it is not relevant to her.

I just do not see a big deal. 1 figure head gets replaced with another.

It does not affect me.

I do respect that it affects others.

link   

Just some more intel, he belongs to the Salesians of Don Bosco.

DA MIHI ANIMAS CŒTERA TOLLE

meaning: " give me the souls and remain with the rest "
edit on 11-2-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

link   

It explains everything and even goes into what the Cardinals look at when voting.

That's how it works ...

I will need to find out about this, since I'm interested in the pope resigning and a new one being chosen, and really don't know how the process works (I'm not Cathlic). So the conclave is what I shall google now. I know there was a process with voting, but since I thought the pope was always chosen after the death of the past pope, I never considered what role the previous pope could have on the decision.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

considering how fast it was fixed, this is not a good example of how Wikipedia is a bad source of info, this is an example of why Wikipedia is a great source of info.

Good point.

Does the pope have any say on who the next pope will be?

None.

That's how it works ...

Another fallacy, the word of God knows no bounds, because, he IS the word.
Sounds just like when the "Romans" denied the "Peasants" the word of God, the word of Life, and tried to cut them off of the path by feeding them to Lions for fun.
Sick freaks.
Definately not the true children of the Lord

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan
Sounds just like when the "Romans" denied the "Peasants" the word of God, the word of Life, and tried to cut them off of the path by feeding them to Lions for fun.
Sick freaks.

I've always wondered what Cathlics would do if the Pope told them to do something crazy. Like if he asked them all to go into a holy war against Muslims. I suppose the Cathlics trust the Pope not to do anything stupid, but what if? If they truly believe he can speak with the voice of God, would they believe everything the pope says, and do anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

I can see there is huge interest. But if I didn't log into ats I would have gone to sleep and never known.

My wife is sleeping and she doesn't know . My daughter is 5 and it is not relevant to her.

I just do not see a big deal. 1 figure head gets replaced with another.

It does not affect me.

I do respect that it affects others.

Ah, but by your own admission, you are disinterested yet here you are along with others who prior to this would have professed no interest.
I don't see any of the organised religions as relevant to me, but I felt compelled to jump in and start the thread. This is one of those things that just gets under our skins, Catholics and non Catholic alike. Quite a powerful example of how ubiquitous the Church still is.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

I like the fast moving conversation and the shiny things.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

reply to post by SprocketUK

I like the fast moving conversation and the shiny things.

Best answer yet! I'm gonna plagiarise that for my next interview at work. (For one of the jobs I don't want, obviously).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan
Sick freaks.

I've always wondered what Cathlics would do if the Pope told them to do something crazy. Like if he asked them all to go into a holy war against Muslims. I suppose the Cathlics trust the Pope not to do anything stupid, but what if? If they truly believe he can speak with the voice of God, would they believe everything the pope says, and do anything.

Even wikipedia acknowledges that the "Romans" are at war with the "Persians". Just think about how pathetic that sentence is, but it's true , apparently.
The pope is NOT the voice of the lord, nor the Father. Scripture refutes this, even the words added by the pharisees and seducees

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join