It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope Benedict to resign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What is a black pope?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yeah. I always thought that they only stopped being the Pope when they died. I'd have been less shocked by that, frankly.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

One who is not white? Maybe? Just seems too easy!
edit on 11/2/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have rarely seen such an incredible piece of news.

Were there any forewarnings ?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
What is a black pope?

That's whole conspiracy within itself, The popular belief is that a Black pope would be a Jesuit but others take as a literal meaning]
edit on 11-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I was shocked when I heard the news and I immediately remembered this prediction I read once online.

So I googled it and her is the link:

Pope to resign and make place for Peter the Roman

Even though the prediction was made for 2012, it just ringed so loud in my head!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Au contraire.

Did you click the list of living cardinals?

The majority are in their 60s and up.

I don't care where they come from. If they're going to impede the progress of the human race, then they are obsolete.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Amazing - already updated with the day of his abdication...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Pope Benedict said on Monday he will resign on Feb 28 because he no longer has the strength to fulfill the duties of his office, becoming the first pontiff since the Middle Ages to take such a step.

"For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter," he said according to a statement from the Vatican.

A Vatican spokesman said the pontiff would step down from 1900 GMT on February 28, leaving the office vacant until a successor is chosen.

www.reuters.com...

Pope Benedict XVI says he is fully awake of the gravity of his gesture - @Reuters

www.breakingnews.com...

the position will be vacant for a time period.

i'm guessing Satan is on the way with his army.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The last time a pope stepped down was in 1415 when Pope Gregory XII resigned.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Has a Pope ever resigned before? I thought they either died due to natural causes or died due to ingestion of a poison. Maybe they tried poison and it had no effect.
Well, he looks like evil incarnate!

P

Here you go

In 1045, Pope Benedict IX agreed, for financial advantage, to resign the papacy. Pope Gregory VI, who to rid the Church of the scandalous Benedict IX had persuaded him to resign, became his successor. Gregory himself resigned in 1046 because the arrangement he had entered into with Benedict was considered simoniacal; that is, to have been paid for. Gregory's successor, Pope Clement II, died in 1047 and Benedict IX became Pope again. The best known example of the resignation of a Pope is that of Pope Celestine V in 1294. After only five months of pontificate, he issued a solemn decree declaring it permissible for a Pope to resign, and then did so himself. He lived two more years as a hermit and was later canonized. The Papal decree that he issued ended any doubt among canonists about the possibility of a valid Papal resignation. Pope Gregory XII (1406–1415), resigned in order to end the Western Schism, which had reached the point where there were three claimants to the Papal throne, Roman Pope Gregory XII, Avignon Antipope Benedict XIII, and Pisan Antipope John XXIII. Before resigning he formally convened the already existing Council of Constance and authorized it to elect his successor. On the 11th of February 2013, the Vatican announced that Pope Benedict XVI would resign effective February 28, 2013. [4]

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
...and the dreadful judge will judge his people

I've never heard of the prophecy of a black pope, but it may come to fruition with the next Pope. As far as I know there is a man who would fit that description and also the prophecy of St Malachi. Peter Turkson is considered to be papabile

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
At least he left on a high note - that is, addressing the Knights Hospitaller (SMOM) for their 900th anniversary since since the granting of the Bull by Pope Paschal II.
edit on 11-2-2013 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Ah......ok...wasn't sure if it meant evil pope, or what? ....has any other pope resigned ever? I thought they were pope until they died?Maybe that's just in the movies.... ..and if st.malachy prophecy is true, let's just pretend for a moment that it is true, can you imagine being the next pope and knowing this is the end and it all lies on your shoulders? Talk about peer pressure!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RedAmnesia

Thank you !
So they were talks about it, I hadn't heard them.
Often people resign in time of crisis.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I do not know the processes involved on the election of the next pope, however in the list of the Cardinal Electors there is only one called Peter.

Peter Erdo - Péter Erdő (born 25 June 1952) is a Hungarian Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church. He currently serves as the Archbishop of Esztergom-Budapest, and thus Primate of Hungary. He is the President of the Council of Episcopal Conferences of Europe.

The Rome connection (I realise that this is regarding Romany gypsies) - Roma people
Cardinal Erdő has written about the special socio-economic conditions of the Roma people and has openly wondered on the correct way to evangelize them.

It would certainly be quite an amusing set of coincidences if he were to be voted in?

ETA: Weirdly as I pursued this a little further it turns out the Budapest where Peter Erdo is from is also know as The City of Seven Hills.. coincidences continue..

edit on 11-2-2013 by Truth_Hz because: further info!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

See my reply 6 posts up ^^^^^^

edit on 11-2-2013 by nolabel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well they usually get a new name.. So I don't think searching for someone called peter is relevant

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Its seems a little odd that they are actually giving the time of his resignation.

7.00pm GMT. How odd.

I wonder will there be another Pope in place before Easter , falls on March 31st this year?

Maybe JC is going to turn up this easter.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
We need a woman pope! A popette!!! Now that would be cool! I bet she'd update their wardrobe.....( kidding)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join