It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of this UFO footage? UFO flyby ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Kind of remarkable stuff and am not really sure what to make of it

Just saw this video on another forum and wanted to share. What do you guys here at ATS make of this?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000

It starts at the 0:09 mark

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I am grateful there was no techno soundtrack, a nice change.

There's actually 2 of them, flying parallel, one ahead of the other.
Must be some of those fancy 10,000mph satellites, or space birds.

Seeing a lot of these zingers this year, still haven't heard a decent explanation for them.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

could they be unmanned drones? like hi-tech versions...

thats my guess...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That is what I thought too. There are a lot of these kinds of sightings and no explanations yet as to what it could be. It looks like birds or something at first but that should be impossible. And the lack of crappy music IS a relief..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

www.suomenufotutkijat.fi...
took that picture of a drone last fall,,
the pick is kinda poor quality, it took me too long to get my camera, but that was howering, maybe 20m
high above my house,,
its the small dot above the clouds, pretty low in the picture...
and it looked like the classic ufo.. i even saw the little dome shape in the center.
that picture was analysized by professional computer wizards and they didnt find an explanation for it,
i have sent this pic to the military also,,
all came to the same conclusion U.F.O literally.
edit on 11-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I agree it makes a change that the video didn't contain the usual mood music but it still has an unrepresentative title , Truly amazing it is not .
Its obviously an old video since the shuttle is docked , I also notice the shuttles mechanical arm is extended so maybe they've released something .

I don't know what the objects are but the suspicion has to be ice or debris , shame we don't know the mission as the uploader didn't post any details for us to investigate .

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
One of the objects change direction, perhaps avoiding to crash with the ISS
They look blurred, almost like the invisibility ability predator in the movies have.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

They look blurred, almost like the invisibility ability predator in the movies have.

Either that or they're relatively close to the camera .

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yes guess we all imagined it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Yes guess we all imagined it.

Who suggested this?

------------------

It could be a craft very far away from the camera, or it could be an a small object/debris/ice that is close to the camera. I can't tell how far away it is.

Pieces of icy debris often do fall off spacecraft while orbit, and can get caught in the that spacecraft's reaction control system (RCS) thrusters and get pushed around. If the spacecraft from which this was being filmed was performing a fly-around maneuver or docking maneuver, then it would have had occasion to use those thrusters.

edit on 2/11/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I don't know what the objects are but the suspicion has to be ice or debris , shame we don't know the mission as the uploader didn't post any details for us to investigate .

EDIT TO ADD:
I didn't notice that a shuttle was also docked -- I revised this posted accordingly...

In the video, you can see the ESA's Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV) "Jules Verne" docked at the station and an Space shuttle.

There were three ATVs that docked with the ISS, and below is the dates each stayed docked to the station:

ATV 001: From 3 April 2008 to 29 September 2008
ATV 002: From 24 February 2011 to 21 June 2011
ATV 003: From 28 March 2012 to 4 October 2012

Considering the ATV and Shuttle are both there, this must have been videoed from another craft (a Soyuz?) who was there at the same time as a shuttle and on ATV.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I know of the Soyuz resupply spacecraft but I was not aware of this Automated Transfer Vehicle , thanks for the info Soylent

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I know of the Soyuz resupply spacecraft but I was not aware of this Automated Transfer Vehicle , thanks for the info Soylent

I was mistaken about only one ATV going to the ISS.

There were three ATVs that docked with the ISS, and below is the dates each stayed docked to the station:

So we can do some research to see if a Soyuz was also near the ISS during one of those periods that BOTH a shuttle and an ATV were both docked (as we can see in the video -- shuttle docked on the left, ATV docked on the right).

That can give us a date and mission that this was filmed.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Thar seems to be the norm, and is a handy tool for deception and misdirection. Without such crucial data, the videos deserve to be ignored.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This was filmed from Soyuz TMA 20 on May 23, 2011.

I think this was one of the only times a shuttle was filmed while docked at the station (I mean filmed from someplace else in orbit other than the station). The docked shuttle was Endeavour (STS-134), and this was Endeavour's final flight prior to being retired.

Here is another version of the video -- this one able to be viewed at 720p resolution. The object seen in the OPs video should have been visible at somewhere around the :33 to :40 second mark, but it does not show up on this video.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
This was filmed from Soyuz TMA 20 on May 23, 2011.

Here is another version of the video -- this one able to be viewed at 720p resolution. The object seen in the OPs video should have been visible at somewhere around the :33 to :40 second mark, but it does not show up on this video.

Way to go!

This is the sort of resolution that often follows the actual identification of the source of the 'space UFO' video posted on youtube.

It was possible only because of the unique configuration of the ISS when it was made.

In general, it cannot be done because youtube video posters withhold all date/time origin data, arguably to prevent verification with other sources of video.

My reluctant interpretation is that anybody posting a 'space UFO' video on youtube without such data is either a genuine moron, or more possibly, a deliberate spoofer and deceiver.

What are the other possibilities [innocent or otherwise] for motivation in covering up such critical information?

Meantime, if enough posters on youtube comments make an issue of this, every time a new un-dated video shows up, the point may be made to an audience that needs to be aware of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

EDIT TO ADD:
I didn't notice that a shuttle was also docked -- I revised this posted accordingly...

In the video, you can see the ESA's Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV) "Jules Verne" docked at the station and an Space shuttle.

Considering the ATV and Shuttle are both there, this must have been videoed from another craft (a Soyuz?) who was there at the same time as a shuttle and on ATV.

I'm wondering the same thing? The actual 'objects' are very diaphanous and likely out of focus, stuff you see often.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Thanks I see the Soyuz mission on Wiki, Interesting to see all the hardware parked at the ISS, this was when the Soyuz was departing the ISS to return to Earth.

I think we can now rename the ISS, ST McDonalds.

edit on 11-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join