It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As many as 16 countries could be hit by horse meat scandal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Hopefully when you make the purchase you know what you're buying...

Or does that not matter to you? That's a question not an accusation.

I can't afford to know each and every single ingredient of every individual piece of food that I have ever put in my mouth. I have neither the time, nor the money, for that.

I was simply stating something that I believe to be true. Do you disagree?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by goou111

Would you feel the same way if you found out it was dogmeat? or rat lol?

There was a scandal recently wasn't there, in London, they were selling rat meat as beef or something?

Im not sure but that would be so sick lol

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by goou111

Just found the info....... Cane rat meat 'sold to public' in Ridley Road Market

AHHHHH blachhh Im never eating meat again

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I can't afford to know each and every single ingredient of every individual piece of food that I have ever put in my mouth. I have neither the time, nor the money, for that.

You shouldn't have to!! That's the point. The ingredients should be written on the damn label, and what is written should be the truth!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

You shouldn't have to!! That's the point. The ingredients should be written on the damn label, and what is written should be the truth!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I keep reading articles that are throwing the blame around in the last few days. Especially ones now blaming Mafia Gangs in Romania and Poland for this criminal activity.

The fact its, these people need to be shut down and investigated all the way from the abattoir to the supermarkert shelves and everything inbetween to send a message out that this is not tolerable. There should have been rigorous checks of all food stuffs being imported at every level of it's production, so nobody should be getting out of any kind of blame here.

I don't care how many people state that horse is eaten by many and meat is meat, that is not the point here. This is not meat that has been farmed for human consumption, it's any old horse that has been brought through the knackers yard. Meaning it could have been diseased, injected with all kinds of rubbish and have varying other things wrong with it. Which makes me wonder what else is slipping through into these foods?

The Government seem so blase about this. Stating that it's appalling and criminal and needs to be looked into more and also the Environmental Secretary saying this is just a labelling issue so far and not a public health issue. But i've not heard one official saying they will be outright banning all these types of food imports for the foreseeable future until this is sorted out, i believe because it's not within EU rules to do so, screw the EU!
When we had the BSE and Foot and Mouth issues. Europe banned all imports of our farmed meats, they wouldn't touch us with a bargepole. Grow some balls UK Government and do the same thing here.

edit on 11-2-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

The 'Truth' is that dam near everything is bad for ya, in one way or another.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Exactly.
Look what happens to us if we lie about tax returns, we get locked up, but THEY can lie about whats in our FOOD!!! then send their employee's onto sites like this to tell us "it doesn't realy matter".

YES IT DOES!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS IN MY FOOD.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Why are you being so enigmatic??

Do you agree or not agree that business's should be honest about this? Do you agree or not agree that it's in the public's best interest for them to do so?
edit on 11-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Many apologies OP i started off a thread 23 minutes ago without searching first.

Please find a copy paste of my thread underneath :

Greetings all,

The current scandal concerning Findus pre packed meat products has also hit France and is taking the headlines in MSM over here.

They say that all sides are now threatening to sue each other over this affair which is taking large proportions as Findus products are sold throughout the whole of Europe (not sure about other countries outside of the EU?).

Personally i think that the problem lies within Romania as this country is riddled with mafia owned companies and smothered in corruption!

Quote : Reflecting the complexity of European food supply chains, the meat has been traced from France through Cyprus and The Netherlands to Romanian abattoirs.

Doesn't it make you think about what other products are in are pre-packed foods?

I am not a vegetarian myself and only when possible purchase meat from local farms but maybe some of you out there might be interested as to what actually goes on your plates. I purchased a book last year called Eating animals by Jonathan Safran Boer, see article in the guardian here :

Links in my thread that i started earlier on as i am crap at copy pasting (many apologies)

Pretty good well research journalistic book that really makes things clear!

Your thoughts ATSers?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 11-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

np we have all done it lol.. I dont see your thread on the firehose though

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I don't eat fast food, so I wouldn't be in this situation.
But I have eaten dog, and I've been to Thailand, so I have probably eaten rat.

But regardless, it's already happened. Spilled milk and all that jazz.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Here you are Goou :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Besides, Horse meat ios part of your stable diet, its good for you

Yeah the producers are lying by saying it is what it isnt, but our politicians do this everyday, why the uproar over something inferior on the scalse of things

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Unless I am copying and pasting wrong....

this is your thread time stamp

11-2-2013 @ 01:31 AM

and this is the one for this thread

11-2-2013 @ 01:17 AM
edit on 11-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

He knows he made his later, he was just bringing his OP over here to carry on the discussion in this thread....

All good....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

I like that pic, thought I'd repeat it

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
if this is true, and i had some, then its one more thin i can check off my list of
things i have eaten.

Elk
Deer
Moose
Cow
Pig
Frog
Turtle
Squril
Rabbit
Squid

well many many more. Horse would just be one more. I'd love to try kangaroo before i croak,
from what i hear that is yummy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well in that case I apologize!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Why are you being so enigmatic??
You say that↑ as if I have been avoiding these↓ silly questions, but this is the first time you asked me.

Do you agree or not agree that business's should be honest about this? Do you agree or not agree that it's in the public's best interest for them to do so?
The very first thing I said in this thread was "I am not condoning it....."

I think everyone should be honest with everything, all of the time. Businesses/Corporations that serve me food, are obviously a higher priority than most of the other bastards that lie continuously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join