It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning To American Gun Owners From Canadian News Anchor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The ordinary guy tends to think, "They're after my guns!! It's a plot. It's the illuminati moving in for the kill."

My own opinion is that this fear is wildly exaggerated.

What is really going on is systemic. There is great concern about natural resources at this time, particularly about oil. That is driving a lot of the military spending, but another factor is at play.

The other factor is the way that corporations function basically to maximize profit. That is like the African cat, the cheetah. It basically functions by running fast.

Corporations maximize profit and they do so very often the way a mole digs through the ground, blindly or the way a lab rat will keep hitting the pleasure button until it abandons nourishment and exhausts itself to death.

The net result is we are made to buy stuff for spurious reasons and made to endure personal invasions of space and privacy for spurious reasons.

That is why they are attempting to go after the guns in America. For reasons which are spurious and which have nothing to do with dead school children.

When policies make no sense, you can take it to the bank that there is some bank related reason for that.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by hawkiye

Gun registration has existed for many weapons for literally decades! Why on earth do you think confiscation is soon to follow? Do you not realieze the pro gunners outnumber anti-gunners like 3 to 1? There is no way in HELL that legislation is gonna stand that would outlaw the use of rifles and/or assault weapons.. No way... All you hear on TV is hot air. You watch.. Nothing will happen... This battle has gone on for years and years... You must be a young pup..

I have been fighting anti-gun BS for 30+ years son. You must live in wonderland Clinton banned many guns in the 90's where have you been in Wonderland? luckily it was repealed now they are making another play.

Gun registration has always been a prelude to confiscation study some history boy and grow up.

Ok, we've confirmed your older then twenty. Good for you..

But you fail to establish ANY evidence whatsoever to your statement that gun registration has been followed up by any gun confiscations in the US. Are you totally ignorant to the fact that just about EVERY single state in the union requires regististration of some types of firearms or another and has existed since the gun control act?
You talk loud but your saying nothing bub...

If you been fighting Anti-gun BS for 30 plus years then you must have been talking to people who know absolutely nothing about guns. And if your insinuating that somehow I'm anti-gun because of my argument, then I can begin to understand why you don't know anything...

Ps. Banning the sale of a gun is NOT confiscation..

edit on 2/11/1313 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
nothing sells guns like fear

whata disgrace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm a bit lost here, people are saying this Sun network is like Fox. The Fox I know would never tell the American people to be afraid of gun registration. That gun confiscation would follow. How is that new clip anything like any news reporting we have here in America?!
S&F for posting, this is the American people's time to get their ducks in a row. Start thinking how important are your constitutional rights? How far would you really go to protect them. Even if you are not pro-gun, how important is it to you that ILLEGAL laws are trying to be passed?! You can't pick and choose what rights you are willing to lose...it really will come down to all or nothing. How many rights do you think you have lost since 9/11? One? Five? A dozen? When us armed Americans no longer exist? ANYTHING goes.
It won't be overnight, but the end game will not be the utopia you picture. No guns, no crime? No guns, no gun violence? How about no guns, no rights?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

This is not about corporations making us buy stuff. This is about govts overstepping their bounds for tyranny. I am guessing Canada does not have an equivalent of a second amendment, but probably more than a few people there own guns for hunting.
edit on 12-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Very true do not give up your rights guys

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
nothing sells guns like fear

whata disgrace

It is interesting how so many people ran out and bought more guns after Obama tried his little gun control show....it's sort of like the people thumbing their nose at him and saying oh yah well take that!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Good luck, government.

Tennessee, one of my two southern home states, has just passed a law giving everyone permission to carry guns in their cars all over the place, even in "gun free zones." Never been proud to be a Tennesseean.

State governments are fighting back.

I'm proud to be a Texan, too. You know how they are with guns.

I try to stay objective with hot issues like gun control, but I suppose this one just hits too close to home with me. Like lots of my southern family members say--if they want my guns, they'll have to kill me for em.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
I'm a bit lost here, people are saying this Sun network is like Fox.

It is like Fox in that they are not always truthful, and tend to exaggerate things to fire up their conservative base and promote their conservative agenda. This clip, for example, is pretty much a huge embellishment.

They talk about this Ian Thomson character who was charged with gun offenses when some criminals fire bombed his shed. What they fail to point out is that the guy has a history of trouble with his neighbours even going so far as to shoot their chickens.

There are always two sides to a story. The side that Sun/Fox reports and the full truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You're not going to live when the FBI sends in their forces after you. So much for people defending themselves from the government.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretaryOfBacon
reply to post by hawkiye

You're not going to live when the FBI sends in their forces after you. So much for people defending themselves from the government.

it must be terrible to live in such fear especially based on media induced propaganda. Yeah I guess those insurgents that live in Afghanistan and Iraq that have been holding out for the last 12 years are just lucky... And you think US veterans who are far better trained and armed have no chance... Sigh! Wake up sleepy head...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Woo fear mongering!

So you are telling me that progressive scum bags do not want to confiscate guns.
Then why do the progressives scum keep saying they want to get rid of all guns?

History by the way is not really on your side registering guns leads to one thing.......confiscation. Let me guess the progressive scum of 2013 can be trusted much more then the progressives scum of the past.

Maybe the progressive scum should just grow a set and tell the world what they really want.........CONTROL. But I bet they will just hide in the shadows like a snake and wait until apathy and arrogance finally win out.

By the way I am sorry to all snakes out there I did not mean to compare you to progressives.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Nobody has said that they want "rid of all guns", that's somthing you have made up to fit your paranoid delusion. Most people just want certain assault weapons banned, along with large magazines or clips.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Never give up your guns under any circumstance, Americans. There is real trouble brewing that is clear for any with brains to see of the rapidly approaching full-scale government tyrannical lock-down. Every single freedom will be lost when guns are confiscated. It is treason to take away gun rights in any shape or form as your Founding Father, Thomas Jefferson stated:

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed and that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of press." - Thomas Jefferson

See this for clear exposition: www.subvertednation.net...

Please do read the rest of the excellent website to understand the real enemy that has subjugated the entire US government and totally control every significant power/authority in the media, legislation, judiciary, banking, law-enforcement, military, education, medical, Hollywood entertainment industry, etc... : jews.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I am an Indian and i am telling Canada is write step to American Gun Owners. I think all country agree with this rule. So, all American gun owners very careful now.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ask Canada how that's working out for them. And Mexico. And Australia among others. And WTF, who cares what network the warning was broadcast on?? How about looking at the big picture here?? Has it not yet become crystal clear that our govt IS in fact coming after our guns??

It's almost like the Canadians are hoping we won't let it happen, like they are relying on us to not give up the only thing standing between us and them, and the governments of the US and Canada. And Mexico for that matter.

We are truly f*cked if we let this happen. And it's literally going to be a free for all for the actual criminals who will know that there is little chance of having to face a firearm. The outcome will be significant rise in the number of dead innocents and rape victims. Those are the only changes in the numbers that anyone can logically expect to see if the goverment get's it's way.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Wow, what a brave news anchor, I bet he got slammed hard by Canadian media. This is where I, as a citizen of tr United State of America will draw the line in the sand. That line is when they call for confiscations. Get ready for a civil war folks. (For freedom loving citizens of the US only)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Harper abolished the long gun registry. Why didn't the commenter mention that little rather important fact?
And the data has been destroyed, according to the Minister. Read more here

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I posted this Sun News link on 9 Feb on another thread....and had no idea that it would resonate this well to deserve a separate thread (being so many on Gun Control). Hopefully people will heed the warning and put pressure on their legislators. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
reply to post by SubTruth

Nobody has said that they want "rid of all guns", that's somthing you have made up to fit your paranoid delusion. Most people just want certain assault weapons banned, along with large magazines or clips.

Ya....ya...ya.....just like your avatar right buddy.

If fellow gun owners want to be fooled into thinking the progressives will just stop with 30 round mags I have news for them. TPTB=progressives and guess what they want the entire world disarmed.

Your post is pure propaganda and I think must people with two braincells know TPTB want to ban guns as fast as they can. Why is the big question. I really think they could care less about public safety so what other reasons could there be for banning guns.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join