It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning To American Gun Owners From Canadian News Anchor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A American GI along with his active duty wife PCS'd to Guam.

Guam has mandatory firearm registration. What does it matter if he or his wife registers them? Their firearms are part of their household and jointly owned.

Guam seized their firearms over some technicality they made up that she should have registered them since she declared them upon entering the airport.

DOD had to fly him and her out of Guam very very early because it caused a political event PResident OBama didn't want to get publicly known.

Guam is US Soil...but required 100% firearm registration along with Firearm ID's. What DOD set up on Guam they want to do nationwide.

The GI's last name was Zorne and was on a few gun boards discussing it.

Atleast he got out of his DOD Deployment to Guam...LOL!!!!!
edit on 11-2-2013 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Fox news north?? Then they should thank you for the compliment! Surely you won't see this viewpoint on a "CBC" editorial.AKA Gov't owned medium printing pap.

Probably not on the so-called independents that follow in lock-step.

It's a viewpoint, hence, should be aired. Seeing it doesn't follow your view, you shoot the messenger rather than rebutting the message.
A little more "Fox" and maybe a few more Canadians would wake up...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I must have missed it when the Canadian government confiscated all the guns from Canadians. Can somebody link up a source for that event?

Sun News is like Fox News except not as fair and balanced.

i just checked, my gun is still there, and I am in Quebec of all places. we still have a registry on long guns...

there have been some instances if I recall that certain gunshave been banned in Canada (Not types, or anything like that, but specific ones) and retroactively the government has confiscated those, but these examples are few and far between (unless i am entirely remembering the story wrong, and this never happened at all).

As far as i can remember there has been no sweeping attempt to take guns from Canadians.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You're being a bit generous in calling a Sun Media mouthpiece a 'news anchor.'

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phrookface

Of course not, you gave em back. pistols, revolvers, the "FN-C1s and FN-C2s that the Canadian gov't sold to the civilians after switching to U.S. ARs for your Military.

Actually, it's loosened up a bit, unofficially,(nothing you'll hear on CBC), If your a gun club member, you can own pistols, revolvers, even some semi-auto rifles, but everything is registered. You need a permit to get to the range and home. Pretty well every move is "permitted". Ammo, the works.

Just don't "use" them. Tallking to L.E.s in B.C., you can't even use a weapon on a home invader in your bedroom, with children in another bedroom, if you have some means of escape, ie, a window behind you. "Escape" trumps saving your children.
. You will be charged

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Simple Canadian are not crazy about guns, some have it and they barely use it. That's why we don;t have many gun related deaths.

Guns are not banned in Canada, you can still get one, people just don't need it.

If someone is going to kill you, they will, whether you have a gun or not.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

At least it's a viewpoint you won't get from a CBC mouthpiece. read that gov't....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I must have missed it when the Canadian government confiscated all the guns from Canadians. Can somebody link up a source for that event?

Sun News is like Fox News except not as fair and balanced.

I missed that also.
Plus the only place where long guns need to be registered is in Quebec.

And yes, it was called the "long gun registry" not the "assault gun registry"
when it was in all the provinces.
Now it's only in Quebec. If you have rifles that were never registered, they're perfectly legal to own, unless they've been used in a crime.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
C'mon people. This channel hasn't been on a year and they are given credence? Personally I was done after the first day. Damn they are loud and obnoxious.

ETA: Can't stand CBC or CTV either. I get my news from Maclean's.
edit on 11-2-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker
reply to post by Monger

At least it's a viewpoint you won't get from a CBC mouthpiece. read that gov't....

You DO know that we have a Conservative gov't right?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Gun registration has existed for many weapons for literally decades! Why on earth do you think confiscation is soon to follow? Do you not realieze the pro gunners outnumber anti-gunners like 3 to 1? There is no way in HELL that legislation is gonna stand that would outlaw the use of rifles and/or assault weapons.. No way... All you hear on TV is hot air. You watch.. Nothing will happen... This battle has gone on for years and years... You must be a young pup..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by hawkiye

Gun registration has existed for many weapons for literally decades! Why on earth do you think confiscation is soon to follow? Do you not realieze the pro gunners outnumber anti-gunners like 3 to 1? There is no way in HELL that legislation is gonna stand that would outlaw the use of rifles and/or assault weapons.. No way... All you hear on TV is hot air. You watch.. Nothing will happen... This battle has gone on for years and years... You must be a young pup..

I have been fighting anti-gun BS for 30+ years son. You must live in wonderland Clinton banned many guns in the 90's where have you been in Wonderland? luckily it was repealed now they are making another play.

Gun registration has always been a prelude to confiscation study some history boy and grow up.

Let us not hear that (registration) is a prelude to the confiscation by the government of hunting rifles and shotguns," Canadian Justice Minister Allan Rock said in Clintonesque tones on Feb. 16, 1995. "There is no reason to confiscate legally owned firearms."
Ten months after Rock's remarks, Parliament passed the Canadian Firearms Act, and confiscating legally owned firearms is precisely the first thing the new law did. The first of three major provisions to go into effect banned private ownership of well more than half of Canada's legally registered pistols. Any handgun of .32 or .25 caliber and any handgun with a barrel length of 105 mm (4.14") or less--more than 553,000 legally registered handguns--became illegal with the stroke of a pen.

Pistol owners, of course, had been promised that registration would never lead to confiscation when Canada's national handgun registry was enacted in 1934. When the newer law passed five years ago, they were given three options: sell their handguns to any dealer or individual legally qualified to buy them (not a real option because the number of potential buyers was so small); render them inoperable; or surrender them to the government without compensation.

Canadian Gun Confiscation

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The Canadian Govt did what the American Govt is trying to do......
The only reason they got away with it is that the Govt has dictatorial power for its term of office in Canada...
Hopefully the Americans will stop it...
Guns are being "phased out" of canadian life, slowly inexorably.....
There are other laws they push hard....
If theres a family "disturbance"guns are always cofiscated wether they were involved or not....
Through manipulation of the wife they are almost never returned......
It is insidious....and it goes on 24/7.....
It is so restrictive to even go out to the range with a restricted weapon ie handgun , M16, etc...
That deviation from routes and times on the permit to transport can result in charges and confiscation as well...
All kinds of legal manouvers are used to seize anyones guns up here......
And if you have any complaints, just call the RCMP and they will gladly investigate THEMSELVES....................
guess what

Its all psywar...they are playing us because we are too timid to fight back...............yet

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Please. Dad gave me my fire firearm 38 years ago. I still have that one. Kinda sentimental about it. And I haven't had ANY people I know have their guns taken from them. The registry was just a money grab. Not a gun grab.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Woo fear mongering!

Woo ignorance mongering!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Let me clear up some of the confusion on Canadian firearm laws. For the record, I'm a Canadian and I own firearms (rifles, shotguns and pistols). Canada has had a registry of firearms for some time (originally voted in by the Liberal government). There are three classifications of firearms: non-restricted (rifles and long guns), restricted (pistols with a barrel length of at least of 105MM, and a magazine capacity of not more than 10 rounds), and prohibited (fully automatic, or pistols with a barrel length of < 105mm).

More info here: www.firearmscanada.com...

I did not own firearms when registration was introduced, but I have friends that did. Their firearms were classified by the same criteria. If they owned a firearm that was prohibited at the time that registration came into effect, they were grandfathered in. Their weapons were not seized, nor were they "illegal" as is suggested by the OP. They were classified as non-restricted, restricted or prohibited. For example, If I was licensed for pistols with a barrel length less than 105 MM (prohibited 12 (6), then I could still purchase and possess these.

Canada has since then scrapped the registry of long guns, and the data that they had collected has been destroyed. The only two classes of weapons that are registered presently are restricted and prohibited.

While I am against the cloud of gun control settling in over the US, I think the fear mongering is potentially worse.

S

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by hawkiye

I have been fighting anti-gun BS for 30+ years son. You must live in wonderland Clinton banned many guns in the 90's where have you been in Wonderland? luckily it was repealed now they are making another play.

Gun registration has always been a prelude to confiscation study some history boy and grow up.

Let us not hear that (registration) is a prelude to the confiscation by the government of hunting rifles and shotguns," Canadian Justice Minister Allan Rock said in Clintonesque tones on Feb. 16, 1995. "There is no reason to confiscate legally owned firearms."
Ten months after Rock's remarks, Parliament passed the Canadian Firearms Act, and confiscating legally owned firearms is precisely the first thing the new law did. The first of three major provisions to go into effect banned private ownership of well more than half of Canada's legally registered pistols. Any handgun of .32 or .25 caliber and any handgun with a barrel length of 105 mm (4.14") or less--more than 553,000 legally registered handguns--became illegal with the stroke of a pen.

Pistol owners, of course, had been promised that registration would never lead to confiscation when Canada's national handgun registry was enacted in 1934. When the newer law passed five years ago, they were given three options: sell their handguns to any dealer or individual legally qualified to buy them (not a real option because the number of potential buyers was so small); render them inoperable; or surrender them to the government without compensation.

Canadian Gun Confiscation

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Not repealed, it expired.....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
WTF are you guys talking about? Guns are already required to be registered.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by saneboy

Fear is the motivation on both sides of the gun control issue. One is fear of guns, the other is fear of being in a helpless/victim situation.

Worst case scenarios can be labelled fear mongering, yet if one doesn't at least consider worst case scenarios, your not giving the issue the full thought that it merits.

As far as "fearing mongering making the situation worse", my response is as the last/only nation on earth with the rights of ownership listed in the constitution and all other nations have slowly,(grandfathering) removed those "liberties", the trend dictates the same route for the U.S. sooner or later.

That's not fear mongering, that's an analytical line of reasoning. The "trend" is obvious and enough people are aware of it to counter it. Or at least try.....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

That's not entirely accurate..

None of my guns are registered.

My state (Wyoming) does not require you to register your firearms and has no gun registry.

That said however, when I go to buy a gun I still fill out a form with my name, address, SS#, Firearm Serial # etc. etc. for the FBI background check.

So whether your state requires a gun registration or not, when you buy a gun they still have your information.

Still I could turn around and sell that gun to one of my friends with no record of the transfer as long as they are a resident of this state.
edit on 11-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join