It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on psychic abilities. HELP!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Azjazzer8

My mom's father was a psychic also but he had to keep it quiet because he was an oblate father for the Catholic Church. He had an accident while on a mission and the papacy basically told him that the only thing for him to do now was to find a wife and make some children. But he could never tell him he was psychic. They probably still called them witches back then!

Burning witches only ended a couple hundred years ago, not that long in the grand scheme of things. Many of us have been burned at least once, some maybe more, so I think it's normal that through the soul trauma we learn to keep it on the downlow. It's interesting how people tend to perceive the gifted people. It's like they think they know everything and can read their minds and just tell them everything. It scares them.

My mom had problems with tech also. She won't go near a computer and has fun stories about how ATMs fail. I do think its also related to how powerful you work with the energy. I was taught a version of the robe of light really young so I'm very careful now not to scatter my energy. I wonder if there's a way to just lower the level like a volume control. I'm still developing my own sensitivities, not naturally as gifted as you and some of my sisters, but I can feel people's energy and am a healer. Spirit guides me a lot with dreams and synchronicities, and I'm still trying to learn how to control OBEs. I can only "see" things when I'm between waking and sleep, and its during the sleeping state that I usually go into the akashic records.

That is really wonderful that your girlfriend is so supportive. My husband thinks I'm completely nuts.
I know you'll be able to figure out to protect yourself from other people's energy and not let it affect you so much really quickly.

Even though I can't see auras, my kids can. I think they were really onto something with the indigo and crystal children talk. The guy who sees auras non stop says that he can see a definite change in energy patterns from 1980s+. The whole Mayan calendar was to show us the end of this age and entering in to the next which will be a lot shorter than the last. We're evolving as a species, I've read it would take 15 generations or so somewhere, to what become what I call homo luminos... We're taking physical reality a step closer to god. I like that thought, I don't know how accurate it is though!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

Heres a video that looks at one episode of Ghost Hunters and if you watch carefully I think you may come away with a new "perspective". At least about this one "incident"... use your own judgment.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I have had weird experience my entire life with technology. Everything I use seems to glitch and break, without any cause. It has happened to numerous phones, computers, video game systems, cameras, recorders, cars, radios, stereos, TVs and anything else I can think of. I've had phone screens randomly glitch to be a warped color, cameras not turn on and be drained, TVs that turn on and off or change channels, remote controls that get 'stuck' on volume up and down and too many more to name. Since my girlfriend and I have been dating, she has commented on it, saying I have 'bad luck' with electronics. Could this be a result of being sensitive?

Or a way of messaging from beyond. Maybe someone nearby "watching' over you? A little reminder of their presence? Or... I have a story.

I used to be a digital debug technician working with printed circuit boards and oscilloscopes. I knew this lady once that rose from the assembly and test departments and wanted to become a technician. The department took her in and right away there was this problem.

It seemed that whenever she actually handled the computer it would fail. Diagnostics ran on test systems over a 2 day period to "burn in" circuitry before shipping. Whenever she loaded and powered on a system and began the test the unit would fail. Even "known good" test units. Here's the thing. If she didn't actually touch the circuit board or keyboard the unit ran fine. She could sit in front of the screen and watch while others loaded and began the test cycle for her, but as soon as she actually made physical contact, within one loop... failure. These weren't destructive to the machine, just a "crash". Restarting verified that. After a long couple hours of "debugging" her "talent" we became convinced that the problem was associated with her. She never had this problem before working downstairs in the Systems Test department before, it only began when she came upstairs and started working as a tech trainee.

She became noticeably more and more disturbed by this and suddenly stood up, walked downstairs and out the front door. I never saw her again. I knew here son and sometime later he told me that she had become convinced that working at a computer company was just not for her anymore. To her it was simple, this was a message from beyond.

Don't know what any of that has to do with you, you just reminded me of that.

I do know that certain kinds of hauntings make lights flicker, TVs go off and on or change volume... etc. The simplest thing to manifest is electronics. Maybe you have something attached to you? It doesn't seem too negative. Maybe when it happens again, stop and wait, maybe its a precursor to some form of communication... or a warning? You would know best.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Very interesting video, thank you for sharing it with me. I have to agree with you, the debunkers have been debunked. I do think they may be legit as psychically sensitive, they had to have something to get the gig in the first place and to spark their interest in the subject. It's too bad they had to sell out to try to increase ratings, the money must've been just too good. I know Jason came off as a psychic, and the video I shared would indicate that he was more adept with using the energy than Dr. Ellis was. Whether it was him flattering his own ego, or whether he really is that gifted is really hard to say. I think I'm going to bring it up at this week's support group meeting and see if we can't get our mentor/teacher to let us film him giving a reading on a thermal camera. That, I think, would be the best way to debunk ghost hunters. I did also love all the neat places they visited, ghost hunters international was awesome!

I also agree, the TV and lights flickering does sound very much like a kind of haunting. Unless you've intended to do those things yourself, it was probably manifested by another entity.

The way it was explained to me by my mom is that our physical bodies are like giant batteries, it supplies up with lots of energy to manifest in this world appropriately. Ghosts don't have these meat suits so they have to use the energy that we scatter to manifest things. It's why some hauntings can get pretty nasty, because the more a person is scared the more they'll scatter their fear energy and feed the beast. If it respects your girl it's probably not a bad one, but as intrptr said only you can really tell. Mediums shine on the other side like a bright light and ghosts which are still bound to the earth plane are attracted to them because they need help finishing their business and/or crossing over. You don't have to help them if you don't want to. And if it is a negative entity you can easily kick them out because your the one with the battery, not them. Most negative entities won't even bug people in the light because its a waste of time to them, they need the weak.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I definitely feel that I am battery, and that I get drained. Showers, sleep, art, and music all seem tor recharge them for me, as well as meditation and exercise.

Is the robe of light your talking about similar to the 'bubble' I talked about? Funny thing is I thought I used my imagination to create that little exercise when I was a little younger. I thought I was on to something different.. :-) Guidance from something maybe?

Also, I have a feeling that whats around could potentially be my mom or grandpa. I will be driving, thinking about my work or art and all of a sudden an image will pop in my head of my mom sitting next to me in the car and I get chills and teary eyed. She also sends me feathers during both rough and exceptionally pleasant moments in my life.

And I don't think the technology occurrences with me have to do with spirits or anything. I feel it's directly related to me and my energies. Perhaps some of the things such as the TV flicking on randomly can be attributed to a watchful entity, but the difficulties I have with some technology seems different. I'm actually on my second phone in 6 months. My last Iphone got its camera broken somehow (never dropped) and the screen has a bright yellow smudge on the side. I've treated it well. my current phone is android based and started off as an amazing phone. Now, it is slower than the worst of phones and will always randomly shut off and close out of programs. Bad luck I suppose...

Someone had mentioned they were working on healing, is it possible to draw negative feelings from a person to minimize suffering and pain? I have felt it was a possibility and have tried to focus my energy and thoughts to do so, but haven't seemed to have it be effective.

And just for the record, watching Teen Mom 2 is draining the poop out of me (not literally).

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Perhaps some of the things such as the TV flicking on randomly can be attributed to a watchful entity...

Just a thought. Pay attention to whats on when the TV "comes on". Or when the volume "goes up". Maybe the message is something about the broadcast itself? The tv is an endless dialogue box, maybe if you listen to whatever they are saying right then, something might click?

Personally, and this is just my take, that it just happens without you making it happen tells me it isn't you, but something "near" you, spiritually. If you can't make it happen on command... then someone else is doing it. Must be interesting.

Thanks for letting me play along guys, its been rewarding. I learned something new the last couple days.

See ya on the boards!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The robe of light is very similar to this bubble you speak of. When I was very young my mom had another medium come see her to have his fortune told so to speak, and his advice was to imagine a ball of light in your heart and make it grow and grow until it's all around you, like a shield. I've used this technique often, and use it now to flush a room with light when I'm rudely awakened if I'm in a haunted house. The robe of light specifically is a prayer setting an intention.... there is also the robe of mirror which will reflect to people what they are sending out.

The Robe of Light Protection Prayer; “I surround myself with a robe of light consisting of the Love & Power & Wisdom of God. Not only for my own protection, but so that all who see it, or come in contact with it, will be drawn back to God and healed.”

If you think its your mom sitting next to you, it probably is. The image is in your mind's eye, you're third eye. In many cases this is how "visions" are given, like little movies at times. The feeling will be pretty strong, to me its like a swelling in my heart.

The tech breaking is probably all you, but the tv turning on and off and volume is not the same thing at all. Maybe it is your mom. If it truly is your mom, acknowledge her and open up dialogue with her. Meditate and call on her and have your talk, it'll be really helpful and give you clarity.

Yes, you can draw negative energy out of people to help them feel better. But when I work with people with Reiki, first we go to find the root of the problem. If the emotional/mental cause is not healed, the physical manifestation will just return. Like exorcisms, if the person is not really ready to let go of the demon, it will just return of the exorcism. Its mostly just energy healing in my case, I can't cure anyone from lung cancer in a minute but I'm sure its not impossible. Jesus was only showing us what we are all capable of.

When you pull the negative energy out of people, you need to release it back right away and ask to have it changed back into light. You also cannot heal people without their permission. You can either ask them in person, or have your higher self ask their higher self and you'll know the answer. You don't have to be near them because time and space are illusions, we are all only here in the Now... your third eye-brain-nerves link will give you all the sensory input you need to do it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Some things cant be explained on this earth and what your feeling is probably a gift you inherited from your ancestors except it, embrace it and enjoy it over time you`ll learn how to use your powers

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I had similar questions about myself and asked the famous psychic ELP to help me understand. He is the one that predicts world events and is famous for accurately predicting several major events in the last year. I know he does it for a living and charges, but when I told him it was just one question, he actually just answered it and said don't worry about payment. Let me tell you, his answer cleared my doubts. You can get his info off of his website.
worldpredictions.wordpress.com

<< 1   >>

join