It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on psychic abilities. HELP!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time convincing one side of my brain that being psychic is a possible phenomena and that we are all capable of it. Here's what I'm thinking...

I usually feel very anxious and get very emotionally and mentally drained when around large groups of people or very negative people. I read once that putting up a "bubble" around yourself and your chakras is a way to prevent or lessen the amount of energy drained. For me, it works every time I do it. However, part of my brain logically thinks that this is just from a placebo sort of effect that triggers my brain to keep me energized while in crowds or around negative people.

The other part of me thinks logically that if this certain technique works for me, that I have indeed used a form of a psychic intervention on my body and energy thus proving that these abilities are possible.

I draw the same two conclusions about seeing Auras (after seeing them), being sensitive to an individuals feelings and thoughts, and praying for guidance (and getting a subtle message).

I'd like to believe this is all possible and exists, and that we are able to grow these skills and use them for a great purpose. But I also doubt it at the same time.

Each one of these thoughts holds the other back. I feel incapable of making up my mind either way. I feel slightly embarassed that I believe these things to be true, yet want to believe them so bad. I've experienced these things, but have I just been subconsciously making these things seem real and happen? Also, if I HAVE been making them real or subconiously happen, isn't that the proof to myself that it's legit?

Or do simply need some faith?

Thanks for the help!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Azjazzer8

If you're seeing auras, I suggest checking out synesthesia. It's been suggested to be a possible explanation as to why or how seeing auras happens. It's said to be a mix of empathy and visual hallucinations in the form of applying color to a subject that corresponds with a particular set of emotions.

We're superstitious, ritualistic, and can rationalize just about anything.

It's all possible, grow your skills, just don't try to bend spoons with your mind.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Hiya Az,

I never thought I was much of a psychic despite experiences when I was young. My mom is a medium and many people in my family are. I don't call it psychic anymore, but rather you are sensitive, sensitive to the energies around you. But because of my own experiences, I cannot deny that possibility that there is more than meets the eye. Those who poo poo on it completely have just shut themselves out entirely from experiencing those things, not because they're not capable.

Mind is the builder.. if you have low self esteem and hate yourself you'll probably think everyone else is out to get you when in reality they don't give a ratsass. We all have our own truths, our own realities and perceptions and I've grown to accept those who disagree with me because from where they are coming from they are absolutely right. And I don't have to buy into their reality.

When you speak of this "bubble," that's kind of what I do when I go to bed and don't want disincarnates to pester me while I sleep. It is very real and works as much as calling on Jesus. Some people call it "the robe of light." Just because you can't physically see it with your own eyes doesn't mean it isn't there. Scientists have only been able to define the existence of 5% of the universe... 95% falls in the "dark energy" category. Dark energy 70% and dark matter 25%... not because it's "dark" but because we can't sense it with our 5 physical senses.

NASA on Dark Energy, Dark Matter

It sounds like you are very empathic, you can tap into other peoples energy fields and read their emotions really well. What I would recommend you practice is to continue to use the robe of light when you're in areas that make you feel "squished" or a lot of pressure in your own energy field. Like the planet and batteries, we all have energy fields with a + and - end. Most sensitves learn to do this, and then will zone in only on the people who they are trying to read without taking on their emotions. I've also heard this type of stuff called plugs, where other people will plug their emotions and perceptions and feelings into you and you'll feel really terrible because of that, but if you look within you can really sort it out and say "No, that is not how I feel about this" and unplug that plug. It will take some practice but another term that relates to this would be psychic vampires.

One thing I've noticed from observing sensitive peoples is that more often than not they are hereditary "gifts." Being psychically sensitive is part of everyone's DNA, just like intelligence for example. We're all intelligent at different levels, but its level is mostly hereditary. So it you're experiencing these things, talk with your parents and see what they have to say. It may surprise you. The parent who is sensitive will probably be able to point out from which grandparent the gift came from. In my case, my lines go to Native Americans and also the Celts.

I hope I've given you plenty of advice and stuff to look up!
Cytra

PS- Forgot to say this.. your brain sends all your senses cues to pick up on, which is why you can "feel" these things in very real physical ways.. spirit sends data to the 3rd eye that communicates with the brain which then sends out impulses through the nervous system.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Cytra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You already know the answer.

I've experienced these things, but have I just been subconsciously making these things seem real and happen?

You know its real. Embarrassed? By what? This is an extraordinary gift. If you are uncomfortable with it then don't share it with others right now. Wait until you understand it better. That could take a while, or not. Everyone is different.

You will get "opportunities" to use it to benefit others. Wait for those to come up, you will know it when they do. There is no need to run around fixing everything you perceive is "wrong".

Be careful who you tell this too that are close to you, some will only be judgmental (or jealous). That usually translates to anger or punishment. This is a gift for you... not them.

For now, play with it, test it, quietly learn how to control it. Let it grow over time, you will become more comfortable with it. As your confidence grows, then you can use it to help people.

Extraordinary...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

Hey there... I really enjoyed reading your post. You brought something to my attention I hadn't thought of before...

Just because you can't physically see it with your own eyes doesn't mean it isn't there. Scientists have only been about to define the existence of 5% of the universe... 95% falls in the "dark energy" category. Dark energy 70% and dark matter 25%... not because it's "dark" but because we can't sense it with our 5 physical senses.

Could the "unknown quantity" that is "missing" from the data be all the spiritual energy filling the void? I never looked at it that way before. NASA themselves are stumped by it and it does not show up on any of our detectors or formulas.

Quite interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The secret to most of this stuff is it is all a placebo effect. There isn't an ability or sense one cannot attune to with dedicated practice. Your still in a conceptual hangup, still unsure what works and why it works but its gloriously possible even if you were completely successful.

The point in it being all a placebo or a mental permission slip is that the perspective you reach on this phenomena is going to be all your own. Some skills are easy to develop via a faq on the internet, but most of the time one successful focus or honing of an ability leads to the next and so on and so on.

As for loosing energy in crowds. Anxiety is more common these days in socially busy environments, some live for this stimuli others are stressed by it, the emphatic difference between these two is polarity. You bring this with you wherever you so. So I would suggest meditation and anything that brings you greater amounts of peace internally would be the key in dealing with that anxiety and discomfort in crowds.

Go with what works. And youll see the question is just the next step in your natural path.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Could the "unknown quantity" that is "missing" from the data be all the spiritual energy filling the void? I never looked at it that way before. NASA themselves are stumped by it and it does not show up on any of our detectors or formulas.

I think it is very probable, but I can't say that it's all spiritual energy filling the void. I do believe that this is where it is manifest though. Now I'm curious to find out whether cell phone and wireless transmissions can be measured! That's probably the type of tool that would be able to be refined enough to pick up so-called "psychic" transmissions.

When you look at the super string theory and how many spacetime dimensions there are, who knows what is really filling up all those voids. It could be parallel universes, other dimensions, etc. Angels operating at higher dimensions and the godhead at the highest.. Are some angels really aliens? Could be! What label do you want to give them today?

Wikipedia: Superstring theory

I attend a weekly Indigos and Sensitives Support Group that has been really helpful, and our mentor who can see auras and read the Akashic records into past lives has started a meditative program of invocating Archangelic energies so that we can experience them personally... It's really something. These entities are HUGE. Bigger than the planet, my experience was that they're bigger than even our solar system. And such good loving protective energy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

Now I'm curious to find out whether cell phone and wireless transmissions can be measured! That's probably the type of tool that would be able to be refined enough to pick up so-called "psychic" transmissions.

I dunno. I know this about the electromagnetic spectrum. If the entire "known" electromagnetic spectrum were a roll of film it would stretch around the world. The "Color" spectrum (the part we see with our eyes) is only one inch wide.

And that is the known part. Cell phones set up oscillations in certain "frequencies" in specific parts of the spectrum but I don't think they are tools to detect anything. Although I hear of inventions like ghost boxes and stuff that random sample multiple stations and also of EMF signals from beyond, etc. I have trouble with a lot of that. It is quite simple to influence the human mind. I have seen enough full body apparitions to know that they are capable of "revealing" themselves when they choose.

I know that they are all around us all the time... and thanks for the "peek" into that world you speak of with beings as big as the world. Anything is possible. Science fiction is real. We have no idea...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I looked for this video years ago, when I was watching this show and saw it on tv... I'm so happy to have found it now and really want the whole episode to show people!! Anyway, here it is. So the Ghost Hunters from SyFy... if you've ever watched it, they've debunked so much stuff it that it actually gives them credibility. These guys are sensitive! In different ways, as we all are...
I wish you could see the whole episode now.

If you can't watch the video, the 2 main guys of Ghost Hunters Jason and Grant are investigating the haunted house of a psychic called a Dr. Ellis. While there, Jason gets a psychic reading from Dr. Ellis and its all taped on thermal camera. In this video, we can SEE the the difference in heat from as one's spirit gives info or reads from the other. To me, this was the most valuable thing to come out of Ghost Hunters.
This is the kind of stuff they need to do more of!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I'd like to believe this is all possible and exists, and that we are able to grow these skills and use them for a great purpose. But I also doubt it at the same time.

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for [that day will not come] until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessnessa is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

If somebody tells you that man has 'latent psychic powers', and you have experiences which seem to validate this, are you actually proving the truth of that statement or are you potentially proving a lie as truth ? If that someone has raised your desires for such things to be true, would not your own personal experiences lead you to conclude that what you WANT to be true, is true? The tree in the garden was made pleasing, but it was not perceived as pleasing until the serpent came along and sold its supposed benefits. Those supposed benefits were appealing to the inequity within man, and from these heightened desires, the tree and it's fruit we're then perceived as pleasing to the senses. So much so that man was able to conclude that God was lying and the serpent was telling the truth. Nothing is changed today at the end of the Millenium when Satan is released to deceive the nations yet again. It's tactic and methodology will not change. I'd listen to that nagging doubt which is trying to pull you back from the brink of destruction. Jesus did not use his senses...he did not judge by what he saw. He stated that this world would be given only one sign, and it was. When He stated that only a wicked generation seeks after signs, can you not perceive that millions are chasing after these false signs and wonders which are proving a lie to be truth in their minds? That they are NOT contemplating that these signs and wonders are not what they are being sold as, i.e. latent psychic powers but rather something else that you would shun if you knew the truth ? Satan is a liar and murderer. To this end, it will never tell you this. Ever. All that it can do is appeal to your desires and love of iniquity and sin. Shunning these through obeying Our God's commands, keeps one safe from these lies because you come to love the Truth, not the lie.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That is really neat what you're saying about the electromagnetic spectrum VS the color spectrum, it completely makes sense. All the emotions we can feel in this plane, I don't think there really are enough colors to represent them!! Unless you're like photoshop color sensitive and can tell the minute changes... but most people can't tell pink from fuchsia or salmon or even baby pink.

One thing I noticed about my sensitives mentor, when he goes up into the archangelic realms he increases his "vibrations" or frequency. I'm editing my post to say that another teacher would hear rings in his ears when there were energy fluctuations around him and it was time to "pay attention" to spirit. The ringing or synchronicities are more like finger snap or an "ah-hum" from the angels if you know what I mean. Something's coming up!

Speaking of frequencies made me think about my research into brain waves... you so need to check out this... it's how brain washing works!!

Brain Wave States and How to Reach Them

Wikipedia: Binaural Beats

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Cytra
And that is the known part. Cell phones set up oscillations in certain "frequencies" in specific parts of the spectrum but I don't think they are tools to detect anything. Although I hear of inventions like ghost boxes and stuff that random sample multiple stations and also of EMF signals from beyond, etc. I have trouble with a lot of that.

About frequencies, there are probably a whole lot of websites out there about it but I honestly don't know about how cell phones and wifi work to be able to comment on it appropriately. I will definitely have to do some research on that.

This is a link to a one of my first on-line teacher's websites on frequencies though, and how different parts of creation "attune" themselves to different frequencies. Perhaps this is something you know about! It's really fascinating, you can find lots of different meditatation music on youtube if you type in the right frequency number.

Angela Kahealani: Sacred Geometrics, Cymatics and Sound

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

One thing I noticed about my sensitives mentor, when he goes up into the archangelic realms he increases his "vibrations" or frequency. I'm editing my post to say that another teacher would hear rings in his ears when there were energy fluctuations around him and it was time to "pay attention" to spirit. The ringing or synchronicities are more like finger snap or an "ah-hum" from the angels if you know what I mean. Something's coming up!

Be careful...

Please don't take this the wrong way. As simply as possible...

Any input to your soul that is genuine should come thru you, not from others.

I am not condemning any practice, just pointing out that is one way of scamming people spiritually.

Edit to add: I'll be back later.

edit on 11-2-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Not taking it the wrong way, I'm just not sure what you are referring to. I've been careful not to get involved in anything cult like or scams. I'm aware that some teachers out there will attempt to keep their students at lower levels than them and so discernment is very important when choosing who you'll accept as a teacher. I've been blessed in having some truly gifted friends.

I completely agree that input should come through us, not from someone else. Because we all have our own truths, everyone has their own way of perceiving spirit, and egos may distort messages. I'm very grateful for the teachers I've had who understood and made this clear, have encouraged meditative practices to really go within and listen to your heart and intuition to find your own answers.

Oh I think I get what you mean now! Like listening to "angels" over your own higher self. I was fortunate to have my friend Angela as my first teacher. She made it very clear to always work with your higher self, it's wired into Source as much as any other entity you come into contact with. I do believe that we are present in all dimesions, like a layered onion, which is why we are all one with source at the highest level, probably archangels somewhere below that. This mentor in question only ever taps into the highest arch angelic energies, he deals with nothing lesser than archangels. But yes, I have been made aware that entities on planes higher than ours (3D or physical reality) may appear as light beings to us only because of us perceiving them from a denser reality... When in essence they may be misleading us to empower themselves and their egos, much like the teachers I mentioned that wont allow students to surpass them. That stuff is so rampant online with this channeling craze!

It's kind of why I joked in a previous post that at higher dimensions is where angels, or are they aliens, reside. Like the annunaki or Greek gods.
Disincarnates aka ghosts are still attached to their egos and are also unreliable sources of truths.

I'm enjoying our discussion, thank you!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the words and advice!

I have been quietly studying and working with different things. The great thing about it, is that i can practice without anyone really knowing.

My girlfriend knows about my sensitivities, and encourages me to better myself and others through it. I am very lucky.

My mom passed away when I turned 21, a little before I began questioning the different experiences that I've had. I don't know for certain, but I believe my mom was a sensitive but didn't regularly practice it or make it well known. She had on occasion told me she felt she was, but I sensed she knew and didn't want to fully divulge that information. She did predict to my father at the time they got married, that she would live a short life and would pass away in her 50's. She died of lung cancer at the age of 56.

As for crowds, I get anxiety but typically end up taking it with me for the entire day. I don't get skittish or immediately shaky, but it builds up the longer I am surrounded by many people. It's interesting, because I am a musician and have played concerts for large groups of people many time for long periods. In those circumstances, the energy I feel empowers me and energizes me in a great way. It's totally the opposite of being in a mall or party.

By the way.

I have had weird experience my entire life with technology. Everything I use seems to glitch and break, without any cause. It has happened to numerous phones, computers, video game systems, cameras, recorders, cars, radios, stereos, TVs and anything else I can think of. I've had phone screens randomly glitch to be a warped color, cameras not turn on and be drained, TVs that turn on and off or change channels, remote controls that get 'stuck' on volume up and down and too many more to name. Since my girlfriend and I have been dating, she has commented on it, saying I have 'bad luck' with electronics. Could this be a result of being sensitive?

Also, my tv likes to come on by itself, but only when my girlfriend is sleeping (shes afraid of paranormal ghost stuff.)

The more I notice the weird happenings around me, it seems the more weird things happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for [that day will not come] until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessnessa is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

If somebody tells you that man has 'latent psychic powers', and you have experiences which seem to validate this, are you actually proving the truth of that statement or are you potentially proving a lie as truth ? If that someone has raised your desires for such things to be true, would not your own personal experiences lead you to conclude that what you WANT to be true, is true? The tree in the garden was made pleasing, but it was not perceived as pleasing until the serpent came along and sold its supposed benefits. Those supposed benefits were appealing to the inequity within man, and from these heightened desires, the tree and it's fruit we're then perceived as pleasing to the senses. So much so that man was able to conclude that God was lying and the serpent was telling the truth. Nothing is changed today at the end of the Millenium when Satan is released to deceive the nations yet again. It's tactic and methodology will not change. I'd listen to that nagging doubt which is trying to pull you back from the brink of destruction. Jesus did not use his senses...he did not judge by what he saw. He stated that this world would be given only one sign, and it was. When He stated that only a wicked generation seeks after signs, can you not perceive that millions are chasing after these false signs and wonders which are proving a lie to be truth in their minds? That they are NOT contemplating that these signs and wonders are not what they are being sold as, i.e. latent psychic powers but rather something else that you would shun if you knew the truth ? Satan is a liar and murderer. To this end, it will never tell you this. Ever. All that it can do is appeal to your desires and love of iniquity and sin. Shunning these through obeying Our God's commands, keeps one safe from these lies because you come to love the Truth, not the lie.

Are you saying that believing you can sense unseen energy that you are not living the Truth as told my God and the Lord Jesus Christ?

I am confused.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yeah I think he's saying that this gifts are from the devil. My take on that is that it's probably the "devil" that planted that idea so that sensitives could be persecuted and kept under control, so that they may remain in power. Jesus was probably the most amazing psychic to ever walk this earth, and they killed him too.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I am confused.

No you aren't. They are. Let me put it this way. I am speaking from experience.

A lot of "Christendom" today holds that any, and I mean any manifestation of any thing of a spiritual nature is of the Devil. Its that simple, unfortunately.

Of course one can see that claiming on the one hand to believe, to be "religious" and pray but be directly opposed to any actual spirit "activity" is a kind of denial. Oh they tell you they are moved by the spirit and feel the presence of God, but really their experiences are contrived or self delusion. I know, I grew tired of that spiritual desert at an early age. Its not real. It keeps people from growing and learning and stagnates them in "church".

Just observing.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

Yeah I think he's saying that this gifts are from the devil. My take on that is that it's probably the "devil" that planted that idea so that sensitives could be persecuted and kept under control, so that they may remain in power. Jesus was probably the most amazing psychic to ever walk this earth, and they killed him too.

You got it. Well said.

The same "good" that burned "evil" people at the stake in the "Dark Ages".

I will reply to your other post here too. I used to go in for The Ghost Hunters until I discovered they were hoaxing. There are a lot of YouTube analysis about them. I will try to find one and bring it. Really I watched every episode. Because of my own personal experiences I was enthralled by them (in the beginning) and wanted to see if they described the same sorts of phenomenon that I had experienced. It was the first main stream of its kind. They go to such neat places and a lot of the theories they describe about how hauntings work are true. Just that I now believe their show to be off the mark if you will with their "evidence".

Also, thank you for reply about your teachers. It sounds from what you said that you are aware of that pitfall of letting others guide you to much. The true test of that is if they teach you to more and more depend upon your own intuition and lead you how to discover the truth in your own heart. Their teachings should always be leading you to have less dependence on them , over time.

All of us have the same ability within, it is God given to everyone. All have an "antenna" straight to heaven. All need to learn how the teachers and scholars got that wisdom and then become the same source ourselves, teaching others. Or helping others with their problems.

Lecture off. I think you'll be fine. Just be on your guard.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You just need to trust your experience, the more you trust the more that comes available.
I went through the same thing a few years back.
I kept finding any excuse to dismiss what i was experiencing, as soon as i just accepted it. Things increased tenfold.
Your rational mind will always try to find an excuse to escape reality!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join