It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It looks like Mercury is going to hit Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NewThor7

...If you say no again.

I'll give up and you'll win

Well? He (Phage) did indeed say, "No" again. He said it several times. Most of us agree with him and also say, "No!".

So will you give up now and leave? Please follow through: Declare Phage the winner, and go to some lesser forum to troll for YouBoob viewers.

Mercury is not now, nor in the immediate (several billion years) likely to change it's orbit much whatsoever. Certainly it will not migrate millions of miles out of its very stable elliptical path, cross the orbit and Venus, and come anywhere near Earth's orbit.

Phage wins. NewThor loser.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
To Blarneystoner:

Well it is a good thing you came here to set me straight!

Aww, another loyal understudy of our most sacred member, coming to tell some stupid noob of said members grand importance.

I never questioned whether Phage is knowledgeble on certain subjects. I am sure they are and deserve every bit of credit as far as having learned and stored something. But as a helpful member of this site or society for that matter, Phage appears to be not as swell as believed by those awestruck. I was bringing up the fact that the way in which said member "debunks" is actually quite belittling and of no value to anyone. Of all the threads I've lurked about things I admittedly have no knowledge of, I haven't been able to pick a scrap of new information from the enormously respected database of the mind of Phage. I always hope for maybe an explanation or the reason behind something but it seems this is not required of this prestigeful member

Now i understand there is not enough time to give each and every troll a handwritten letter nicely letting them down, but I have also noticed a place where Phage likes to frequent are threads with youtube videos that can easily be stamped as false or wrong with no explanation, AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!

edit on 11-2-2013 by LizardSlicks because: addressing blarney

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No these things do not need explaining which is why the bottom of my post said this:

"(This is generally speaking I'm not arguing about our planet being threatened by a wandering mercury)."

What really bothers me is everyone knows that you are one of the most knowledgeble members of this site, yet you seem to be very reluctant at helping us brick-heads gain a basic understanding of things, even though you will take out the time to tell someone they're wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks
Well it is a good thing you came here to set me straight!

Aww, another loyal understudy of our most sacred member, coming to tell some stupid noob of said members grand importance.

I never questioned whether Phage is knowledgeble on certain subjects. I am sure they are and deserve every bit of credit as far as having learned and stored something. But as a helpful member of this site or society for that matter, Phage appears to be not as swell as believed by those awestruck. I was bringing up the fact that the way in which said member "debunks" is actually quite belittling and of no value to anyone. Of all the threads I've lurked about things I admittedly have no knowledge of, I haven't been able to pick a scrap of new information from the enormously respected database of the mind of Phage. I always hope for maybe an explanation or the reason behind something but it seems this is not required of this prestigeful member

Now i understand there is not enough time to give each and every troll a handwritten letter nicely letting them down, but I have also noticed a place where Phage likes to frequent are threads with youtube videos that can easily be stamped as false or wrong with no explanation, AND THE CROWD GOES WILD

Actually... Phage is one of the ones who takes it pretty easy on most. And no... he doesn't just comment on threads that are easily debunked. I appreciate the fact that he can cut through the garbage that's posted here.

Honestly dude.... you sound you have some issues that go way beyound your contempt for Phage, but I'm not a shrink so I won't speculate.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

you seem to be very reluctant at helping us brick-heads gain a basic understanding of things

You don't seem to be very familiar with me. Or maybe my tendency to encourage people to do some independant research throws you.
Threads
edit on 2/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Oh dude, tell me about my issues please. You haven't done anything but defend a man/woman who doesn't need defending (has the ability to do so themselves) and then alluded to me having emotional/mental issues based upon a half dozen sentences in which I quite coherently brought my qualms across?

I think you need to believe in yourself more, because you've obviously stunted your own intellectual growth with the idolatry of peers.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To shift a large mass like a planet out of its orbit requires a few metric crap-tons of force, now anything that could provide more force than the sun would be pretty noticeable as it would affect the orbits of most of the planets in the solar system up to the gas giants noticeably (can't be arsed to do Newtonian force calculations) i would guess and theres plenty of astronomers who know how to do the calculations to determine distance from the earth and compare it with its projected orbit

So really the chance is pretty much on the same level as me getting to be allowed to marry Kate Winslet, Lady Gaga and Kylie in Buckingham palace together at the same time

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well that's nice. When I read a post of yours where I can take something useful away from it I will notify you. And I am not bothered by your "have you ever heard the expression *teach a man to fish?*" philosophy. It is no good though if the student doesn't know what a fish is in the first place.
edit on 11-2-2013 by LizardSlicks because: addressing others edit with edit.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thanks.
I can't wait.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have yourself a nice day, (and I mean this). I'm gonna go work on mine.
See you 'round, Phage.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

When a poster is right, he should be applauded. If he (or she) has tried but are merely wrong, they might be educated. However, some posts are so failingly ignorant that they don't even rise to the level of being wrong. Those are usually posted in bad faith as an exercise in trolling. They are not worthy of an effort to educate. That would be aiding and abetting the intentional affront.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This thread makes me want to quit ATS.

We can see the same emergence of power structures that we criticize in other organizations.

ATS is more irrelevant by the day.

LizardSlicks, you da man!

For the rest of you, threatening people with banning, ridicule, and name-calling are NOT cool. Be polite. Play nice.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Incoming !

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well this is pretty worrisome. If mercury hit the earth, earth was cease to exist.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is definately a troll. This thread as gotten way to long for the content it provides. For the OP, do your homework on planetary orbits and where the planets are at any given time. You will find that Mercury will not hit Earth. I am not not annoyed or amused, either.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewThor7

NoThor. The only way that Mercury will hit the earth is if someone drops an old thermometer. Mercury the planet will stay right in its orbit.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh wow....the OP was right!!!! Mercury hit Earth!! Galileo Figarnooooooooo!

edit on 11/2/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Really? Post count doesn't mean jack. Grow up.

As far as this topic goes, sure it my look like it will hit earth but we are all smart enough to know it's not gonna happen.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
This thread makes me want to quit ATS.

We can see the same emergence of power structures that we criticize in other organizations.

ATS is more irrelevant by the day.

LizardSlicks, you da man!

For the rest of you, threatening people with banning, ridicule, and name-calling are NOT cool. Be polite. Play nice.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Yes I have to agree with you 100%.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
getting a 'burn the witch' vibe in this thread.

"How do you know she's a witch..?

Well, if she weighs the same as a duck...

then she's made of wood...

and therefore a witch!"

(Thanks to the Python team).

edit on 12/2/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join