It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It looks like Mercury is going to hit Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NewThor7

Unfortunately, you can't just claim something and then not have anything to back it up.

I've seen plenty of wild theories. This is just one.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Does it look like mercury would hit the earth?!?!?! Why does this thread even exist? If this was a plan annoy others and look stupid, then you have succeeded.

Phage is extremely civil.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Does it look like mercury would hit the earth?!?!?! Why does this thread even exist? If this was a plan annoy others and look stupid, then you have succeeded.

Phage is extremely civil.

Am I not being civil?

I do apologize for annoying you boys.

That seems to be the word you kids say the most these days

"I'm annoyed."

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Unfortunately, you can't just claim something and then not have anything to back it up.

I've seen plenty of wild theories. This is just one.

Out of all my conspiracy theories,
this one is probably the least airtight.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This has been a fun read.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
What's even funnier is, I don't think you get the hit on YouTube if the watcher watches the embedded version, they have to go watch on YouTube for it to count

It's always worked that way for me when I have posted local gig videos, but I don't care about such things, I put them there for peoples enjoyment, not to score virtual brownie points.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

You admit that just now after admonishing others for disagreeing with your "assessment".

Nice try.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It looks like you will be banned from this site.

I don't know if you will, but from where I'm sitting it looks like a straight line from you to a ban.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewThor7
All I am doing is raising Awareness.

Raising awareness to what exactly? BS? You wish to spread BS? You have nothing of value to offer anyone in this regard. Sorry

IRM :shk:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Ah, yes.

Watching a 3 minute video about the $800 Trillion Dollar LIBOR ripoff
of the entire world isn't your thing.

Well, I will let you get back to calling people names on the internetz.

something monumental is going down newthor.
i have a feeling that we won't be needing our hammers for much longer.

out with the old....

ask phage where he/she/it stands on 9/11 or the 'moon-landings'..
enough said.

the world turns, friend.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

All I am doing is raising Awareness.

Raising awareness to what exactly? BS? You wish to spread BS? You have nothing of value to offer anyone in this regard. Sorry

IRM :shk:

You are oh so correct sir. If the poster had wished to raise any awareness concerning Mercury's orbit, he would have tried more than an, "it looks odd." Odd? What's odd about it? Has the eccentricity of the orbit changed? How about the argument of periapsis? Or the time of periapsis passage? Or maybe a changed Omega, or longitude of ascending node? No. Any of that sort of quantification would have taken some effort and basement-dwelling mouth-breathing hit trollers are too lazy to learn or expend any effort.
A clue to this sort of worthless baseless speculation is the use of the words, "odd", "strange", or "anomoly" without any quantification

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Just playing the Devil's advocate here.... Let's say Mercury somehow changed it's orbit. The Sun no longer has a gravitational effect on the planet and it's now flung toward the outer reaches of the solar system... The mathematical probability that its trajectory would cross that of the planet Earth, or any other planet in our solar system for that matter, is mind-numbingly miniscule. The odds are astounding.
edit on 11-2-2013 by 59demon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You with 80+ posts are up against one of ...if not THE best with Phage and his nearly 24,000 posts.

Youre trolling for folks to watch your youtubies...and the last afirmed its one you made....expecting us to increase your "hits".

You havent EVEN realized there are members here who are scientists, military, doctors, laywers, housewives, law enforcment, FEMA-Homeland Security Volunteers (ME), Christians, student, Muslems, Agnostics, Hebrews, Atheists Professors and all else. Its hard to fool us all....and you did not.

Troll elsewhere

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Incoming!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So tell me this, Buckaroo Bonzaii,

You could have at least gotten the name of the character in his avatar right.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This thread wasn't much to begin with but it was certainly better before it turned into a Phage knob-shining fest. It's so cute how some members of this site have loyal devotees, little fanboys. I haven't been around here very long but I fail to recognize the seemingly untouchable status of "Phage". Grumpy, set in its ways, and so superior it doesn't need to explain things, rather it can merely scoff at others ideas and have 3 people jump to star the skeptical celeb at the very least. That is how the standard 8 word or so "debunks" of ours truly seem to go. I have yet to learn a single thing from this master of space and planets.

Phage since you are obviously so great and wise why don't you start helping people understand the amazing secrets you have been bestowed with instead of acting like the first kid in grade school to get his hands on a dirty magazine. As far as I can see you don't do much other than act smug and belittle those on a search for things you believe to be the authority on.

(This is generally speaking I'm not arguing about our planet being threatened by a wandering mercury).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
getting a 'burn the witch' vibe in this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I got mercury in the basement and I know I can make it hit the earth.
I suppose they will be coming to my house with hazmat suits now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks
This thread wasn't much to begin with but it was certainly better before it turned into a Phage knob-shining fest. It's so cute how some members of this site have loyal devotees, little fanboys. I haven't been around here very long but I fail to recognize the seemingly untouchable status of "Phage". Grumpy, set in its ways, and so superior it doesn't need to explain things, rather it can merely scoff at others ideas and have 3 people jump to star the skeptical celeb at the very least. That is how the standard 8 word or so "debunks" of ours truly seem to go. I have yet to learn a single thing from this master of space and planets.

Phage since you are obviously so great and wise why don't you start helping people understand the amazing secrets you have been bestowed with instead of acting like the first kid in grade school to get his hands on a dirty magazine. As far as I can see you don't do much other than act smug and belittle those on a search for things you believe to be the authority on.

(This is generally speaking I'm not arguing about our planet being threatened by a wandering mercury).

Those of us who've been here for a while understand that Phage is extremely knowledgable when it come to astrophysics and space exploration. Most of us respect him and his opinion. If you ask me, and I bet most would agree that your statement above makes you look really stupid..... almost as stupid as this thread....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

so superior it doesn't need to explain things

Does it really need explaining why Mercury is not going to hit Earth?

Does it really need explaining why the OP has posted nothing but what he thinks is an effective attention getting device for accumulating youtube hits?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join