Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Anyone else love Cracker Barrel?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I hate corporate food as much as any body, but I have a soft spot for Cracker Barrel. For some reason, at close to one in the morning, I just can't stop thinking about cracker barrel. Any one else love this restaurant? I know, it's a Disneyland version of the south, but I love it.

From the frosty mugs of root beer, to the chicken and dumplings, to nearly everything else there, I love Cracker Barrel. I am just a Florida cracker in a barrel, in cracker barrel. It is the best restaurant, I just wish there was one close to where I live.

Anyone else have any opinion on this glorious restaurant? Feel free to share your horror stories too, this doesn't all have to be Cracker Barrel love stories, but I have nothing but good memories of that restaurant, so in my opinion, it's golden. I used to stop at multiple cracker barrels on the drive up to Alabama. Now that's a nice route.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Are you a recent purchaser of a CB franchise? A lot of accolades for just a customer. Maybe you are getting ready to point towards the CB facebook page> Please don't if that's the goal here.

And to add, the food is crap, made in buckets and also ordered in bulk from HQ.

I prefer fresh, made daily and with ingredients I can pronounce, recognize and spell.

But hey, that's only my opinion.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

fried catfish two eggs over easy sourdough toast and grits with real butter and to drink coffee in the summer and hot cider in the winter. and the fried apples holy cow.the one left in minnesota a few years back had a to go deal for thanksgiving and it was the whole spread greens ,candied carrots i mean it was really the whole shebang. havent made it there in years i really miss the checker games in front of the fireplace with my son.one of the few resturants left that was constistantly very good. now you got me really thinking i need to make a foodcation.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't own a cracker barrel, and I will admit it's crap food, but for crap food, it's decent crap food. And I guess living in an area without one around makes you want something more. I am not a shill, but it's a good question. You can never trust anyone these days. But I genuinely like the food there. It's consistently mediocre. I guess P.T. Barnum was right. There's a sucker born every minute, and for bland, uninspired southern grub, I'm that sucker. But Cracker Barrel isn't THAT bad. I mean, there has to be someone besides me who understands. I mean, it's not a five star restaurant, but it isn't like, as bad as Dennys. Atleast 2 and a half stars, but I'd say a solid 3 stars. It's a decent meal if you're on the road.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm a VERY VERY good cook and I pride myself on perfecting everything that I love to eat so I never have to go out because mine is always better, so I like to eat at places that are just easy for convenience cuz if I want it to be really good I have to make it myself.......hehehe what can I say?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Uncle Hershel's breakfast with fried chicken, grits, and red eye gravy. Yes.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Yes! The place rocks. I have been to one three times in one trip to New England and I still dream of the place. If I lived near one I would go through the whole menu, and thanks to your thread, I will be thinking about the place all week.

Yum!

Alien Culinary Technology!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Ughh. Why'd you have to post pictures? It's two thirty. The only place I can get a country fried steak around here at this hour is Dennys, and I'd sooner die than eat there. SOO hungry. Makes me wish there was a technology to pirate food over the internet. I'd pirate cracker barrel torrents all day long, and be a 300 pound fattie, instead of a one hundred and thirty pound dale gribblesque stick man.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I actually really feel sorry for people that think Cracker Barrel is good food.

I shudder to think what you ate as a child growing up.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I shudder to think what you ate as a child growing up.

Quarter pounders with cheese.

Why?

There was no Cracker barrel for single-mom to take us to.

I think that Cracker Barrel should serve the fine citizens of America by going nationwide.

They could take over the dead malls and just open giant Cracker Barrel's.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bugger,
I thought you were talking about the Cracker Barrel cheese, I do love that, and it's taste in pretty unique.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How are the Reuben's - there is one about 10 miles from me but never stopped in.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Breakfast food is my weakness. Well, one of them anyway. I think Cracker Barrel is ok, though personally if I'm traveling I prefer Bob Evans. I'm not a huge fan of the Cracker Barrel "sawmill gravy" which to me tastes like paste. Gotta have some biscuits & gravy for road breakfast and Bob Evans has some good B&G. The little out of the way diners can really be awesome, but it's a crapshoot. They can also be horrible.

It just depends upon how adventuresome we feel. At least at Cracker barrel, you know what you're going to get and for me it's a reasonably good breakfast.

CB does have a nice ambiance, especially when it's cool enough for them to have the fireplace going.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join