It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Most Recent Picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
so even though the 2012 doomsday drama has passed it looks like we are drowning in threads of conspiracy and truth
so i will help add to the conspiracies. it is a conspiracy everyone has known of but i have just took a recent picture as the sun was going down here are the results (i will post the good image first then the image i have created to get a close up of this second sun and then a third picture of a sun dog)

edit on 10-2-2013 by ItsAConspiracy101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsAConspiracy101

Never mind. I retract my comment. Not worth the effort....

edit on 2/11/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow...look at that thing!
Must be the infamous Nibiru! That, or it's just a lens flare...I dunno.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hate to point this out, but this effect in the photo is probably due to distortion. There are several possible sources. First, close to the horizon, the seeing cells tend to be very small -- as the light is refracted within the seeing cells there is plenty of distortion. In addition, your windshield has two internal surfaces as well as two external surfaces (your camera lens may be more much complex). Distortion of a very bright source through less than perfect layers of the windshield is likely.

Seeing cells of various sizes are most noticeable at night. When they are small the starts twinkle a lot. When they are large, the stars are steady and telescopic images are the least distorted. The view straight up, after midnight, tends to be the best for most telescopes because that is where the seeing cells tend to be largest and the observations the best.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
are we posting pics of suns?
here's one. only one.....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

only the last picture was through a windshield the first picture is when i had stepped out of the car and the second one i distorted and zoomed on for #s and giggles

top topics

join