It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My oldest is into the graphic novels, comics, and cartooning on the side herself. Id read the walking dead compendiums before the shows came out... they are NOTHING like the show.
I wil say this, Im not disappointed in the show though.. Its great.

My biased opinions:
I like Merle. He might be an ass, but he is a survivor and a predictable ass. Any dude who can saw his own hand off and survive is a definite zombie apocalypse buddy Id want!
Darryl Great charter and played excellent
Carol If Darryl gets with her.. Ill barf. Darned hair bothers me. Useless character.
Andrea good character... just as good as she was in The Mist
Hershel Ive liked the actor since he was in the 9th Configuration.. excellent character.
Glenn he is okay.. he is necessary for the plot. His character developed in an interesting way
Maggie too damn fickle.. argh.
Michonne I HATED her character as it was so contrived.. until this last episode.

and then there was Carl
Ol carl needs to be a pet zombie... soon. The way he is portrayed in the series is annoying as heck.

Didja know Darryl isnt in the comics?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Daryl and Merle were intended to be hybrids of several other characters in the comics. The thing is that Daryl is thought to be an allegory for a character who, should the show continue for another few seasons, would have to be included in the story. Though, to be fair, the comic story leads off into some very bizarre territory that I honestly don't see the show being able to go in.

Other trivia note... Andrew Lincoln - the guy who plays Rick is British. If you ever want to freak yourself out - Youtube his name and find an interview where he uses his real accent. It'll make ya lose sleep.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Daryl and Merle were intended to be hybrids of several other characters in the comics. The thing is that Daryl is thought to be an allegory for a character who, should the show continue for another few seasons, would have to be included in the story. Though, to be fair, the comic story leads off into some very bizarre territory that I honestly don't see the show being able to go in.

Other trivia note... Andrew Lincoln - the guy who plays Rick is British. If you ever want to freak yourself out - Youtube his name and find an interview where he uses his real accent. It'll make ya lose sleep.

Okay, thats weird.. LOL!! I forgot to add my .02 about Rick.. Ugh, cant stand him or the way the character is in the series. Give that man a bar of soap.. some wetwipes.. something!

Oh I did read that the guy who plays Darryl is asking the comic makers to write his specific character in. Im sure there is news on that somewhere or another.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I just want to add here that if Carl does go, Rick might as well go with him. I think if that happens Rick goes completely off the deep end in a very bad way.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
S03E12 possible spoiler.

I think last episode, S03E12, was a drag....its good how they showed somethings, that episode wa smainly a character developmental episode.

The Hitchhiker: the groups attitude toward another person "outside their group" changed. Their morality, trust etc.

Carl: If they don't make him into a man... with "hard" attitude, i hope they dump him. I don't want to see a innocent, snobby entitled kid. he grew up in Zombie era, he should not be happy.

Glen: i like him.. he would probably like 3rd in command, its good to have different variety... i guess if you remember from the season 1, they made him out to be some sort of tech freak.

Michonne: needs another sword! dual wield that shtz!, also leather cloths!

Andria: i don;t know, im trying to like her...

Governor: the guy who plays governor is a good actor, i genuinely want to hate him.

Rick: needs to be more strict, keep in focus and do not wander.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I also want to say that I did the personality test on the website and it told me I was Andria...

I don't know if that's good or bad...

www.amctv.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreefer703

r u watching season 3?

if so, I am out of this thread cos I don't want my viewing time to be spoiled.

as for Lori, I hate her character. She was a slut, fair enough survival counted by I don't like the way she led spunky Shane' on

and then he died so that is no good at all. They are all infected anyway so ... would have been better if Rick had died and Lori... not Shane.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
oh I wonder if they can bring Shane back??

LMAO
maybe find a cure?? Zombies don't die so there is a chance it could happen...

fingers crossed.

and kill of the stupid slut Lori and Rick. They are pathetic.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

As I have heard it, there was some question as to whether or not to use the Darryl character, even after it was written. I heard they decided to use the character after they were able to land Norman Reedus (who, by the way, plays one of my favorite characters of all time in Boondock Saints), because he played it so perfectly. And even then, they werent sure if he would be a mainstay, which is why he doesnt appear as a lead in the main credits of season 1.

Not only is Andrew Lincoln british, so is Lennie James, who plays Morgan (another one of my all time favorites-fantastic in Jericho, Sntach, and Lockout), and David Morrisey (the governor).

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

great, Im Glenn.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm Dale (according to the test)...that fits.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN"T WATCHED THE MOST RECENT YET....

Finally, as of last night, Rick doesn't seem to be visiting Crazy Town any more... And, he actually seems to realize the Governor's goal. About time he got smart. Merle has the right idea...surprised Michonne isn't going with him...she has to know it will be her the Governor wants..duh.

Now would be a good time for Andrea to do that assassination, after hearing about Maggie. I sense a coup in Woodbury, with the group going there, but that's pure speculation. Beats the prison.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I got Dale as well. Ill take it.

I hear a lot of people say that they think the group will take over Woodbury but I just can't see that happening. My guess is that they will end up on the road again when this season concludes. I think they even hinted at that in this episode, when Hershal was talking to Rick near the end.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
*SPOILER* Stop reading if you are not up to date!

I got Dale too. Hey wait, Dale is dead!

The last episode was really slow to me. I really enjoyed the episode two weeks ago mostly because there was no Andrea.

My husband got me the Compendium for Valentines Day (he's SO romantic) I've started to read it but don't know how far I should go - if I want to spoil the show for myself. Will I be *able* to stop?!
edit on 3/11/2013 by Whisper67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I love throwing in ****SPOILER ALERT***** for an episode that can be summed up in one sentence.

Rick and the guv had a drink and everyone else got tense about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

LOL, that about sums it up...

but I just can't see that happening. My guess is that they will end up on the road again when this season concludes.

From a show standpoint, I'd have to agree...if they did take Woodbury, something would make them leave it soon...has to have that conflict and tension, and uncertainty to it....

Just saw Maggie on Talking Dead...oh my God...she's got an English accent! Those looks, AND the accent? I'm officially melted...
edit on 13-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Maggie is a very beautiful woman.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I really thought Andrea had the Governor last night, but nope, he got out of it...and now the prison isn't warned. Looks like Martin finally grew a pair though, and realizes that while Woodbury is a great idea, the Governor may not be the right leader....but then again, neither is Martinez...so he's kind of stuck in his moral quandary. Next episode should be the showdown, I hope.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was more impressed with Andreas ability to run all those miles with a fur lined bomber jacket on, and barely break a sweat, even after encountering several walkers and the mill showdown with the g'uvnah

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Am I the only one that was disappointed when the final scene didnt include andreas head in a fish tank?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Actually I'm not surprised. He is cranky, demanding, short tempered and insane... just like me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join