Vampires, Christianity, and The Vatican

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
Protestant Christianity is heavily correlated to the massive progress of civilization. Catholicism is associated with stagnation.

That's a crock. I lived in Alabama for many 9 years. I saw the 'progress' of some of those supposedly 'progressively civilized' protestant churches of yours .... black people are all going to hell because they have the mark of cain on them ... snake handlers ... everyone is going to hell except those who go to our church ..... if you don't give god (really, the preacher) 10% of your money you are going to hell ... if you are a woman and wear pants you are going to hell ... if you are a woman and cut your hair you are going to hell ... if you are a black/white couple you are going to hell because god doesn't want the races to mix ... Noahs Ark actually existed ... there can't be life anywhere in the universe except here because the bible doesn't say there is any ... "if it isn't in the bible, then it isn't true" (germs aren't in the bible so I guess they are all our imagination) ... etc etc

There are PLENTY of things found in fundamentalist protestantism that are stagnation (or just plain stupidity). Not all of them believed these things, of course, but there were plenty.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Let's not get this thread muddled up with across the aisle bickering. We're here to talk about vampires. Protestantism is an entirely different horse. No blood rituals. You know, Martin Luther hammered in his complaints to the church door. Maybe in his off-time he was hammering in stakes into the chests of bishops and cardinals who's flock tended to mysteriously disappear.

Speaking of the Bishopric and Cardinals, does anyone get a really bad feeling about them? Especially the Cardinals. Blood red robes, secretive, and hidden from the public eye. If the cover ups that have gone on in the church are indicative of anything, it shows they can keep a secret. A very dark, bloody secret.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join