It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, Christianity, and The Vatican

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Don't go lumping the word Christianity into something that is Catholic, who is described in Revelation and Daniel to be from the Dragon...Satan. It is an insult to Jesus.

Please provide supporting scripture for this statement.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Math of Vampires or Zombies for that matter never works. So if we are breed like cattle the population would never get as great as 7 BILLION...that is Billion with a B that is a lot of dang people! Go to any major city and the numbers are staggering. So unless they plan an end of the world buffet there would never be so many normal humans...

io9.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Jesus was a vampire!?!?!?!?! It all makes sense now!

*facepalm*

Would certianly make christianity alot more interesting though.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Two thousand years ago, a man died, and rose from the dead as a revenant. Now, as to the origins of this revenant, people will argue. People will bicker, and claim that this act of rising from the grave itself was some how holy.

It was quite common practice to go back to a burial site (remember caves were used as burial sites) after 3 days to ensure the dead were truly dead 2000 years ago.
Some were found to be alive, didn't make them vampires and didn't make them the messiah.
edit on 11-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If you look at it outside of the context of religion, however, it seems to fit the myth of the revenant. The undead. The legend of the bloodsucking vampire.

John Carpenter did a pretty good film on this already.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. First of all I wouldn't consider his post resurrection appearances as shadowy as he appeared to 500 people in addition to the apostles the women of his inner circle, to Saul of Tarsus, and to James the Just.

Secondly the idea of a vampire being human in origin (as opposed to a strictly supernatural being) came about by the intentional effort of the catholic church through its portrayal of vampires as human beings who retained some semblance of life and the ability to leave the grave. The transformation of a person into a vampire was attributed to the labor of evil providing a mirrored process to that which Jesus experienced. As Jesus' Resurrection brought about new life that of the vampire brought about death.

Finally the image of vampire as we know it today is a relatively new modification originating mainly with a novella published in 1816 by John Polidori entitled The Vampyre and coming to fruition with Bram Stoker's 1897 novel Dracula. Jesus' identity as a vampire in accordance to what was recognized as such prior to these works of fiction could not have escaped recognition.

Why this isn't in skunk works beats me.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

As Jesus' Resurrection brought about new life that of the vampire brought about death.

Almost every vampire novel whose author bothered to do any research on historical vampirism in both mythology and medical science has shown that the conversion process includes a period of "death", where the human body lies stagnant and worthless while the vampire nature finishes taking hold. After that, the body comes back to life.

New life, a life that doesn't die. And you know why this is a cursed existence? Because immortality is a cursed existence. Without death, life has no meaning.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

i couldnt agree more. i looked also at the queen and kinship to almost all U.S presidents. the common theme is all these people are rh negative in bloodtype. these biblical gods are not the Creator just worship hungry selfish jealous bastards!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can see a good Manga in the making

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Ultimate Hellsing!

edit on 11-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Two thousand years ago, a man died, and rose from the dead as a revenant. Now, as to the origins of this revenant, people will argue. People will bicker, and claim that this act of rising from the grave itself was some how holy.
If you look at it outside of the context of religion, however, it seems to fit the myth of the revenant. The undead.
The legend of the bloodsucking vampire.

You see, crucifying would not kill a vampire. Jesus was stabbed in the side with the spear of Longinus, but never in the heart. After Christ rises from the tomb, without witness, except for alleged angels, he only makes shadowy appearances. In my opinion, he fled the tomb in the night.

You have to see these things like so. There is only one true Earth, everybody gets one chance and when that chance is gone, they will never get it again. But how things are many people don't want to go because they believe this one true Earth is where they need to go. So they create all these things to make people believe it's all just as real as the earth.

Meanwhile on Earth many people want to stay in touch with their mother, father, their beloveds and when they come around to ask favors most people desperately want to help even if that means they lose their most important pieces and have to believe they don't have it so others can use it.

Vampires in this context are people who believe they miss that part that produces energy, just one guy or girl who made another believe they stole that part and then the victims have to get a new part from somebody else. So this goes on and on since there are new babies being born each day. They also need to know about infinite (spiritual) energy coming from themselves (not some other figure or object) and how to protect their parts from ever getting stolen or knowing they cannot be stolen and how to make others understand this.

Viewed in a different light, Christianity appears as a death cult, centered around drinking the consecrated blood of an undead. In myth, drinking the blood of a vampire is enough to enslave mortals. Through ancient pact, this remains much the same effect. Modern religion has watered down the religion, but the catholic church is still ran by blood suckers. The rest of Christianity is just sort of cargo cult religion.

The truth will come out.

Everything can be seen as both good and bad, it's the endgames or endgoal what is important. People who organize themselves usually have important memories, like witnesses who haven't been heard properly. Until the day that is possible (like advanced technology) people will go on and organize themselves to protect people with important memories or recordings of events in their souls.
edit on 11/2/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Through biblical propaganda. The side means the side. Heart is protected by the rib cage. And even it grazed the heart, traditionally, it is required to cut the head off of a vampire in addition to staking the heart. Like John the Baptist. Of course, the body is not here, so we cannot examine it's wounds, but I digress. You are wrong, sir, good day.

You're missing the point here.
You claim "biblical propaganda", and yet this is the very same text and evidence basis you're working from. You have four independent witnesses in the gospels, writing in different time periods and with different perspectives, who claim that Christ was pierced through the side, and that blood AND WATER came out.

This is the crux - not that Jesus was pierced through the side, but that water came out. That only happens if the pericardium around the heart has been pierced, AND if the heart has been placed under significant stress.

Your entire premise is based upon acceptance of the story of Christ being nailed to a cross, buried and resurrected - and yet this, you cast doubt on? that's inconsistent, flawed logic.

So, too, is the "tradition" where a vampire's head must be cut off in addition to its heart being staked. You didn't mention this in the OP, why add it now? ...because it suits you, and it suits your argument.

What you've neglected to mention is that this tradition isn't a global tradition - but a regional one. Somewhere on here (I can't link it because I can't find it in the search, found lots of OTHER threads, but not the one I was after - thanks ATS) is an excellent thread about vampires, full of historical facts, figures and information. What you'll find, if you read it, is that the tradition of decapitation is more of a germanic one, and is LATER than the stake through the heart tradition (which has its origins in Slavic folklore).

Now...
if you REALLY want to follow the Christ / revenant connection, what you need to do is follow the thing logically.

First things first, for reasons stated, Christ is not, and was not a revenant.
BUT...
the connection you've made between Christ and vampires is not completely irrelevant. You've just got the cart before the horse. The Catholic Church did indeed note this same connection, and forged their own folklore around vampirism to fit. Thus in their mindset, the vampire is a corrupt mirror image of the life, death and sacrifice of Christ - and not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

kinda like the modern day blood transfusions done by athletes for that extra boost of energy eh

would they count as vampires?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

so why do popes die and age if they have drunk the blood of a vampire

im not having it

theres more chance that jesus was an alien than a vampire

EDIT: and i dont even believe that
edit on 12/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

They die to keep up appearances. Or, they're figureheads.It would be poor planning to have the figurehead of your religion as some ghoulish, twisted monster. But it's happened before.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A very interesting post, whilst i remain skeptical as to whether or not Jesus may have been a vampire I have found some of the information linking the Catholic church and Vampirism quite refreshing from my perspective on matters such as this.

This post instantly made me think of a series of essays I came across when originally researching how the Bible has been compiled and edited over time (as any text does) by various groups with different perspectives to promote certain ideologies through its content.

Anyway one story (that had been omitted, for whatever reason...) particularly caught my attention which was about original sin, the story basically went that Adam raped Eve and this was the original sin, as punishment for this Eve bore a female child who would know only misery and suffering and would suck the life from men forever. I have been frantically searching for the link to these for about half an hour now, I may have the links bookmarked on my old laptop so will post if i find them, anyway I just thought this was worth a note. The interpretation of the essay writer was split between a vampire or succubus for this "daughter"

MY first reply on ATS, thanks for your time guys

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pstoner93

Hmm. Adam's daughter. I've heard about Adam's first wife, Lillith, descended from older Akkadian myths. But I've never heard the daughter thing put out there. Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Who's crazy now? The pope's empire is crumbling around him because of some deep dark secret. Could it be that I am right? Who's crazy now? Well, me, still, but I digress.

I think I actually have a point here.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I KNEW IT!!! Christians have been following a vampire all this time!! I tried to tell my mom this when I was younger. "Mom the story of Jesus sounds like a vampire story and why do we need to drink his blood all the time?!?!" I got a good beating for that..but all these years I used to say....."I'm not worshiping that zombie vampire!!"

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ltheghost

You might be joking, but children do see the truth. The institution as it is, rather than as it's dressed up as. The emperor's new clothes syndrome. Everyone but the kid smiles and nods as they're paraded out in front of the decrepit nude ruler, and no one but the child has enough gall to speak the truth. I was creeped out by the church when I was a child as well. Shadowy institutions never lead to anything good.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join