It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS JUST WONDERING.............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I WAS wondering If there SUCH thing AS 4-d OR even 5-d.I KNOW THERES 3-d but still i think that has to be more dimensions we haven't discoverd yet

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
is time considered the 4th dimension?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I always thought Time was the 4th dimension....as for the 5th....

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the infinity of space?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Who really knows??

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Time is just a manmade unit of measurement for the distance between two actions at any one given point in space.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
1,2,&3 are simple. you can realize these.

think of 4&5 as one, rather just space-time

they say light travels in waves, photons etc. but to be a way you need a medium. vacuum of space wont work. in order to travel it vibrates upon the 5th dimension itself.

6-10
dont ask me, its in the string. infact dont even try to fathom these

dimension n - the plane of infinite dimensions, the plane where god resides.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There is somthing else that has to be looked at here. When it comes to dimentions this has to play into effect with what we call mathmatics. Sometimes things that seems so complex can have the simplest riddle to it. Call this just speculation.

If 1+1=2 then
a 1 dimentional object + a 1 dimentional object it would seem would have to = a 2 dimentional object or show the propertys of a 2 dimentional object.

The same could be said taking a 2 dimentional object + a 2 dimentional object would have to = a 4 dimentional object by mathmatics,

But dont ask me the physics as to how such a thing can occur. By all standards life and and all things have some way of forming that in one fashion or another can be measured. This however does not suggest that using a theory like this can define dimentions. In order for that to happen a commen thread of what a cirtin dimention would look like would have to be identifed before any kind of foundation could be taken into effect for measureing dimentions.
Not to mention I would imigine the laws of physics when taken into concideration the law for every action there is a equal or oppisite reaction. There is a possiblity that we live a what appears to be a 4th dimentional universe may be that only by what we can identify as being a 4th dimentional looking universe threw a observation standpoint. From a cirtin stand point when you look at how energy ceases to exist. This also has to be fully identifed before conculsions can be drawn on what exactly from every stand point is what the universe not man conciders to be 1 single dimention
In conclusion we may never know. Who knows if we will live that long as a species to find out
Also from the for every action there is a equal but oppisite reaction define then what is a negitive dimention? Is it a dimention that exists and doesnt exist at the same time or is it a dimentional gate way to a universe of oppisite energy feilds dependent on what energy one comes from to begin with. Yet again we may never know.

Is self awareness a curse

Falcon

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_O_W
I WAS wondering If there SUCH thing AS 4-d OR even 5-d.I KNOW THERES 3-d but still i think that has to be more dimensions we haven't discoverd yet

Wait until you find a stash od '___' from the 60s, you'll know what 4d and 5d are!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Mathematically speaking, yes.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
as time does not exist, it is not the 4th dimension, however, there ARE up to 11 dimensions. the last 6 of them however (6-11) are micro-dimensions that are wrapped around a super-string (and you can go find out what that is for yourself explaining string theory in full would take a while)

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Time is the forth dimension. When scientists tried to explain things about the universe they discovered that there would have to be some thing like 13 dimensions . There could be many more but they would have to be very small since we can�t see them (only a theory).

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Imagine a plane (2 dimensional space). Imagine in this plane lives 2 dimensional creatures, all they have is a X-Axis and a Y-Axis (in our space we have an X, Y , and Z axis). In short these creatures have only length and breadth, they have no thickness. The intersection of our thrid dimension Z axis with the plane of their existence would only be a point. These creatures would not be able to visualize a third dimension since they have only two axis of orientation. In a two dimensional system, each and every point in that system can be defined by setting up a coordinate system of two axis which intersect at right angles (X,Y coordinates). In a three dimensional system, each and every point in that system can be defined by setting up a coordinate system of three axis which intersect at right angles (X,Y,Z coordinates). The creatures of our imaginary two dimensional universe cannot visually conceive of a third dimension because the third dimensional axis would extend outside the plane of their dimension.

Now imagine our two dimensional creatures' universe was mapped on a surface of a sphere. There existence is confined soley to the surface of that sphere. Their two dimensional universe is not curved in a third dimension. They cannot visualize a third dimension but can infer its physical existence by certain effects in their universe. One is the expansion of their universe (like a ballon being blown up). Another effect would be that if they traveled in one direction long enough they would return to their starting point. (I only assuming a "closed universe".) By the same token we exist in a three dimensional universe that is curved in the fourth dimension. We cannot visualize this, but can mathematically infer the properties of this universe with N-dimensional geometry. Like the creatures in our imaginary two dimensional sphere universe, if we were to travel in a space ship in one direction long enough, we would return to our starting point. Curvature of the universe in the fourth dimension is the only explanation of the expansion of the universe discovered by Hubble. The question now is the universe open or closed. I think now the current theory is that we live in a closed universe because of the amount of dark matter.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The dimensions of space could almost be endless when one considers the phenomena called brane's. Currently a very large particle accelerator called the Large Hadron Collinder is being constructed in Geneva. This with observations of cosmic microwave backgroud radiation, may determine weather we live on a brane.

new topics

top topics

join