It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner Manhunt : Bringin' Out the Drones

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by SpaDe_
There have been many people here in this thread and the other drone thread saying that the police would only use police drones in this manhunt and that they would never deploy predator drones on US soil. Well here is the story proving that not only will they, but they already have!

In June 2011 a county sheriff in North Dakota was trying to track down three men, possibly carrying guns, in connection with some missing cows. He had a lot of ground to cover, so—as one does—he called in a Predator drone from a local Air Force base. It not only spotted the men but could see that they were in fact unarmed. It was the first time a Predator had been involved in the arrest of U.S. citizens.

Source (Close to bottom and links to full Time article)

No, that is not what people are saying.

We are saying the FACTS as we know them now is that they are only using the police drones with thermal cameras.

People seem to have a hard time figuring out what a FACT is. I don't speculate on what may happen in the future, I'm not psychic.

I don't care what your opinion is, you asked me to back my claim that through the proper channels they could get predator drones deployed, and I did. THE FACT is that predator drones CAN and HAVE been used on US soil. Even the article I linked questions if they are using predator drones now in the manhunt because the police WILL NOT specify what drones are being used. FACT!

Also, how can you present facts about the drones when the police have stated on record they will not divulge what tech they are using in this manhunt?

“We are using all the tools at our disposal," Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz responded when asked if drones were being used in the hunt for Dorner.

Ralph DeSio, a spokesman for the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, added: "This agency has been at the forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement. That’s all I can say at the moment.”

As Gizmodo.com noted, it wouldn't be the first time drones were used in tracking fugitives on U.S. soil.

From Time:

In June 2011 a county sheriff in North Dakota was trying to track down three men, possibly carrying guns, in connection with some missing cows. He had a lot of ground to cover, so—as one does—he called in a Predator drone from a local Air Force base. It not only spotted the men but could see that they were in fact unarmed. It was the first time a Predator had been involved in the arrest of U.S. citizens.

edit on 2/11/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

"It was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

Never let a good disaster go to waste, eh?

Seems like they were just WAITING for any reason to bring out the drones..... publicly at least.

I doubt that this is the FIRST time they have used drones in the U.S.... this is just the first time they announced it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

If you deal in facts then you would know that "all options are being considered" means exactly that. Not only that I never said they would arm them with nukes, because that is not what they use in strikes anyhow.

Hey...all options...right?

And the only thing police drones are used for are for cameras.

These aren't US Military drones.

Seriously, get your facts straight.

What was that? Oh this is a fact though right? Not since I just posted proof that MILITARY drones have already been used on US soil. Once again keep selling your opinion as fact.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Am I correct in thinking the US have ordered 30,000 of these drones ?
If that IS the case.
Why hasn't it been questioned by the people ?
I mean do Americans accept their governments obvious plan to have these things flying over their cities ?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I read about the repurposed drones being used in the US that stated that the weapon capability had been removed which means they can’t even carry missiles. With the drawdown in Afghanistan and pulling out of Iraq there is a fleet of drones which are excellent for surveillance. It is just like how the police usually have one or two armored vehicles and there M-16s are used military surplus. The stuff is getting repurposed back to their original role. The first drones were not even designed to carry Hell fire Missiles.

I posted this a page back.

Cattle Rustlers nabbed by drone
Look they will be great for watching the boarder or in manhunts like this one. The coastguard is due to get several which will assist in catching drug runners and may mean the difference between life or death for search and rescue. They are able to stay air borne for 20 hours or more I wish they had them when I was a kid living in Washington some friends at school got on a camping trip where they searched for over a week but at the time it was limited to planes and helicopters they were eventually found but nearly died due to the elements but if they had these they probably would have been found much faster.

Yes there is a potential for the technology to be misused but right now it is not. Check my link for the legal standpoint. Also keep in mind if you are worried about them being armed it simply wouldn’t make sense for them to do so from a cost stand point. Hellfire missiles cost $40,000 each I know this because I was once in an Apache helicopter unit it simply wouldn’t make sense to even use them on US soil. Once every 2 years the pilots were allowed to qualify firing them and they each got one shot and that was with the ones that were reaching their expiration date.

Doesn’t it make a lot more sense to send somebody on the ground to the location instead of firing a 40K missile and we are talking about local police units with limited funding here. The military uses them to where they are more cost effective than sending out an F-16. There are so many variables to consider but it is pretty easy to see that we are nowhere near arming drones over the US for the police. Targeting systems have even been removed from repurposed drones in the US.

I am sure some will still buy into the hype about drones and some think they are automatons but it still takes someone to pilot them along with someone to refuel and do maintenance on them.

My state is due to get a few of them and we usually get one or two cases every other month where there is a kidnaping and I hope these will make a difference with that sort of thing I know they will help with search and rescue along the coast and the everglades. It is a lot better than having them mothballed somewhere to rot because they can do a lot of good here in the US. Don’t buy into the fear mongering by some most of the people pushing that don’t really know what they are talking about. If it really concerns you should do some research on the subject for yourself and I am sure you will come to a logical conclusion on the matter which will not be frightening.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by ThinkingCap

"It was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

Never let a good disaster go to waste, eh?

Seems like they were just WAITING for any reason to bring out the drones..... publicly at least.

I doubt that this is the FIRST time they have used drones in the U.S.... this is just the first time they announced it.

Not even close check the link in my previous post. If you do a Google search you will see it has been reported on many other times in the past.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Not even close check the link in my previous post. If you do a Google search you will see it has been reported on many other times in the past.

Oh, were they announced on the mainstream media as using drones to go after murder suspects?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
This is a Police Drone..

Pretty hard to kill someone with it short of running in to them at full speed..

But I hear what you are saying..

Last thing i want to see is the skies full of these..
edit on 10-2-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

maybe this ridiculous thing filling the skies is why they wan't to ban rifles so damn bad...its sooooo tempting to decommission that thing from an obscure bush on your smoke break...

not sayin...just sayin...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
the drones will never find him, chances are that after he killed a few cops and got the whole thing stirred up to instill terror on the terrorists, he went to the mine shaft he found that he knew they would never search or that anyone would ever visit, and killed himself, never to ever be seen again, but to keep the bastards looking over their shoulders for ever more, and cost the tax payers millions and plus possibly start another massive LA riot

sounds like the man got his ultimate revenge

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
this is going to be an interesting case for drones. if they use it to find him and arrest him...it will be ok. but if they use it to kill him, it will be
unconstitutional. he deserves to be tried, no matter what, even if he lost his job wrongfully, he shouldnt have done things the way he did.

he needs to be arrested, hopefully without the further loss of life. but a police officer needs to make that decision, not a drone, whether or not he wants to be taken or wants to die while killing more police officers, an actual person on the ground needs to make that decision.

if a drone kills him..all hope is lost and we lose all our rights and this will be the norm.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
this is going to be an interesting case for drones. if they use it to find him and arrest him...it will be ok. but if they use it to kill him, it will be
unconstitutional. he deserves to be tried, no matter what, even if he lost his job wrongfully, he shouldnt have done things the way he did.

he needs to be arrested, hopefully without the further loss of life. but a police officer needs to make that decision, not a drone, whether or not he wants to be taken or wants to die while killing more police officers, an actual person on the ground needs to make that decision.

if a drone kills him..all hope is lost and we lose all our rights and this will be the norm.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just saw this pop up on the huffington post.

Huffy Linkage

Salon also notes that Dorner would not be the first American hunted by domestic drones. There have been "a handful of instances," including an incident in which police used an unarmed Predator drone to help arrest members of an anti-government North Dakota family.

Gizmodo's Eric Limer suggests that, if drones have in fact been deployed to catch Dorner, they would most likely be unarmed.

"Should armed drones actually be authorized to fire on Dorner, then it would be a first, and frankly a terrifying precedent," Limer writes.

Even the huffington post picked up this story from the UK. This is getting more interesting by the day.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Grimpachi

Oh, were they announced on the mainstream media as using drones to go after murder suspects?

I have no idea I don’t watch TV.

I know I heard them talking about it on talk radio over a year ago. This is only big news because of Dorner but it isn’t new news. It might be new to you. Maybe it is a first for a murder suspect but it isnt the first time they have anounced them using drones in the US even the link I posted is old.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by SpaDe_

If you deal in facts then you would know that "all options are being considered" means exactly that. Not only that I never said they would arm them with nukes, because that is not what they use in strikes anyhow.

Hey...all options...right?

And the only thing police drones are used for are for cameras.

These aren't US Military drones.

Seriously, get your facts straight.

What was that? Oh this is a fact though right? Not since I just posted proof that MILITARY drones have already been used on US soil. Once again keep selling your opinion as fact.

Here's another link (didn't see this posted yet) that is trying to get this meme, that many of us KNEW was coming, asking "should ARMED drones be used to target Dorner" ,into the public dialogue.. I imagine the military/industrial/police state crowd will be pushing this more and more through their favorite Mockingbird controlled presstitute outlets. Quick, look surprised.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

could be total bs as Im sure it would be easy to trace login locations but www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Our world is a screwed up place because there is no definition if a "man" anymore, role and gender assignmant have disappeared and no one feels like it is their lifes challenge to stand up for what is right and to be willing to scrifice themselves for the tribe. People ore genderless and lacking specific dynamic rolemodeling as they develop, we have evolved away our sentinals and protectors.

We are surrounded by wrong, immoral, and money driven evils. We dont need god to help us we need MEN. We dont need the bile to tell us what is right and wrong but without real men to pick up where god left off we are all screwed.

The guy was screwed over and he took names and numbers and he went beyond the machine itself as a whole and has targeted the engine. It is difficult to find a strating point when you take a stand against evil and at the end of the day it doesnt really matter because evil and wrong organisations are RAMPANT in our world, I hope this man is the beginning of a modern day CRUSADE seeking to right the wrongs of the day. The Police men and women he is targeting can get online and they can tell the truth or risk his wrath, really he should allow the good ones to put their names on an internet safety list so he doesnt hunt the wrong ones. There is strength in numbers and the strenght lies in the fact you dont have to look hard to find the body mass of evil when the humbers are large enough to clearly see it.

To the men and women of the LAPD or anyone else who hides amongst the shadows and numbers that support wrong and evil organisations and causes, good luck to you, you have made a choice wether it is for money or love you live that choice every day, ask yourself if it is worth it anymore to willingly participate in the evil you know exixts all around you, we ALL need to make a choice in our lives between the white hat and the black hat and you cant always go back and change your mind. When you get dressed for work today look in the mirror and think of your kids and all the other kids in the world and think about what you are building for them what a disgusting mess you are creating for them. by living a bi-polar existance , telling yourself you stand for right and good when really the horse you ride is black as ther night and as far from the light of good that you can possibly get. You ALL KNOW what you are supporting and with the internet you know what you support and whom you support in the bigger sphere of things.We all know its only a very FEW leaders who cause this imbalance and keep evil wrong idealsims alive and strong, we know this for a fact now, we realise this isnt wrong by consensus we know people are manipulated into supporting the wrong things by fiscal and economic coersion between industry and government, maybe its time for the lies to stop , maybe this has been a war all along and we just didnt know it, a war from within because it sure looks that way. Maybe its time for everyone to do a self-evaluation and decide wether they want to wear a black hat or a white hat for their lives because we are all wearing one or the other as there are only two colors, there is no grey if you sit on the fence you give your vote away to the evil side and need to be held accountable for that.

Dont you see this is what the man is trying to show us all, that we are all VOTING every day for good or evil and fence sitting and going with the flow dont work anymore because we all posess kowledge today that shows us the evil games we are forced to play

If you are a cop remember that your vow to the department never overpowers your vow to your country and to your families, you CANNOT wear both hats so you need to make choices and fast because I do believe we are seeing the beginning of a trend of good people standing up to martyr themselves for the cause of good even if it means taking on the Dragon wearing the balck hat.

I am thankful that I am alive to see some men stand up for right before I myself die, because this has been a sickening last 100 years for men and for humanity asd a whole, it is long past time for positive change.

To all you bank employees, you know there is a price to pay beyond your work committment when you work for non-humanitarian causes, and you also know that giving ten million to charity when you steal 100 million is not an acceptable tradeoff anymore, we KNOW what is going on today, the average [person KNOWS the subterfuge and has been taught how to spot evil.

One day there will be a whole lot of evil people who will wish religon was still powerful enouigh to help them because the further away from organised religon we get the MORE GOOD MEN AND WOMEN who stand up against the NON-HUMANITARIAN money based entitys that control our world, the many are soon going to be full out hunting the few and all the money and power in the world throw at this to protect their evil arses will be ineffective. It is about time we stood up and fought back against evil, we are all humans and are all born to support a pro-humanitarian world, this means that by birth we are all brothers and sisters, take away religon and you are left with simply HUMANITRAIN and NON-HUMANITARIAN-----white hats and black hats, there are no cracks to hide in protected by an imaginary god and BS.

If you get up in the morning and you are an LAPD officer you need to ask yourself if your organisation is evil and non-humanitarian at its core or not, if it is non-humanitarian and out of control then call in sick as much as you can until you can leave your jobs and do not support the evil side of your job until you leave, no violence no fightning just silent refusal to do the dirty work of a few old wrinkled rich people.

Yes it is humanitarian to "want" to help people and represent good humanitarian values, BUT if you work for a department that is evil at its core and it isnt changing then you CANNOT wrok there and claim that because your "intent"is humanitarian that you are free from accountability for what the entire organisation does, because you ARE IN FACT accountable 100% and if you personally are caught in the crossfire all you can do is wonder why you are paying a price with your life for a few rich people who have sacrificed you for dollar bills. but you CANNOT claim you didnt know how evil the group you were involved with is. You see its time to seperate the wheat from the chaffe. It is easier than you think you just need a little wind and a little movement to see who has substance and who doesnt.

I believe this man should stop killing people and find a computer so he can be heard, words have more impact than bullets and their echos stick around sometimes for hundreds of years much louder and longer than

There may be a list of people this man has identified as carrying more dynamic responsibility for changes in his personal life, however he needs to remember that people are manipulated by others, he needs to remember removing the head of the Dragon stops its heart from beating.but that cutting it apart piece by piece is tortous and wrong- non-humanitarian in nature. Write more for us, tell us all the things that are being done to us before the powers that be silence you forever, we need more of your story and less bloodshed, we need to learn the depth of the damages that have been done to us all through the corruption of our Police forces and other civil and governmental positions of power. We dont need killings, we need stories and the words of living people.

Even in prison you can send a message and make a difference but if you are dead you cant do anything at all, people have heard your actions now they need to hear your words.

We all know humanitarian and non-humanitarian actions and we know you were trapped in a system that is rotten from the core out right now, just remember that it wasnt always this way and it wont always stay this way either. Things are changing and this is not a time to become a martyr, there is to much to see happening right now in history, lay down your weapons and pick up your pen then make sure you find a place to safely turn yourself in on national television as they are really trying to assasinate you , for christsakes they are opening up on civilians so you must know something huge, get it out here to the rest of us before they can silence you, drones are useless, its sounds they need to follow to find you so stop taking actions and dont give them a trail. Drones key on action not inaction and so do predators.

Find a way to turn yourself in on live television or on the internet live so you stay safe and we can hear your voice. You have already gotten our attention. At least find a way to discern between the humanitarian and non-humanitarian police people you are targeting, give them a chance to state their loyaltys because just as you have been suppressed so have many of them, you cannot justly target people forced to behave badly just the ones who thrive on it, never the ones like yourself who just try to survive within the bad dynamic. Your list is finished, shut er down, come in and let your words carry the battle forward.

edit on 12-2-2013 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm sure its been pointed out, but notice the word DRONE appears in the name Dorner... Or it could be rearranged to spell... Droner?

The elites needed an event to bring out the drones...yes, it was clear that what they needed was a real "droner" to get the public riled up into a frenzy...

In the future cops could be talking amongst eachother... "looks like we've got a droner on our hands here..." (a situation requiring the use of drones?)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join