It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Drones are cheaper than helicoptors.

And when states are squeezing every last drop out of their budgets it makes perfect sense to me.

But most police forces already have access to a helicopter, or light aeroplane. The running costs are for the pilot, maintenance and fuel. Sorry but you get all that with a drone too, just the pilot aint in the aircraft. As for the safety rubbish as a selling point, gtfo.

edit on 10-2-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by tnhiker

This guy looks real familiar to me too. I just can't figure out where or who he looks like. I thought it was my imagination, but other people are saying it.
Remember 1984? Emmanuel Goldstein? This guy may not even exist. His picture could be an amalgam of several people meant to make you believe he exists. I wonder if he is actually in open rebellion against TPTB and if they are accusing him of all this evil so that we will not rally around him?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

This while thing is wayyyy to much like a Hollywood movie plot. All we need is Harrison Ford trying to prove his own innocence instead of this guy.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We need to understand the difference in these drones..first...

Police Drone..

now, Military Drone..

Notice that the Police Drone has no weapons?

but the military Drone does..

I think this is important to this thread..

Pretty hard to kill someone with a camera, right?
edit on 10-2-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I gave you the link so you can argue with them about it.

You know that police forces may upgrade their technology to save money in the long run and that's probably what they are doing by switching to drones.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Hopechest

Issue is using military hardware on US citizens.

there is a difference between civilian craft and military craft. drones are military craft, helicopters (like the ones the police use) are civilian.

Drone are nothing more than glorified RC airplanes....technology that has been around for 50+ years, created by aerospace enthusiasts for leisurely activities. If anything, the military dropped the ball on the application of RC technology....they could have been in use decades ago. Drones are without a doubt civilian created and only militarized decades later. Given the fact that there is no weaponry attached to these police drones, I dare say these are anything but military.
edit on 10-2-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Can these things see in your house?
if they can I have a major problem with them flying around. No one needs to see me walking around scratching my butt....

Uhm, they have some infrared and the small ones(well probably even the big ones) can look in through windows. The really small ones shaped like hummingbirds are the scary ones.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

And if you honestly believe the use of drones its about safety and cost cutting you really do need your head examined.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

its all about 'safety' with these people. patriot act keeps you safe! NDAA keeps you SAFE! wars overseas keep you SAFE! yadda yadda yadda. Always the same excuse... 'Safety' Whats that quote?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty. - Benjamin Franklin

yea... Safety is the Trojan horse for a future tyrannical (if not now) government.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Yep, thank you for putting it in better words than I can.

I'm not quite sure what these people think are going to be flying around but I happen to think its a great idea. I know if my little sister was abducted I would want everything with wings up in the air looking for her.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well until you can prove otherwise I am going to rely on the factual evidence I have.

Sorry

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I noticed the push of "safety" on this mornings news shows. They really were trying to push how Bush and Obama have kept us safe.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Not sure what your issue is with this exactly.

Would it be ok if they used helicopters to search for him?

Oh nooo! They should just use a nuclear warhead to take him out, along with the rest of the state. I mean who cares about collateral damage anymore? A few million here, a few million there, no problem.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Im sure the brown folk on the Afghan/Pakistan border would agree with you 100%. Drones are ace, third only to sliced bread and the seatbelt. Think of the childres, pft, its the same old crap from you lot. Meanwhile on the other side of the world those flying machines you seem so geniunly fond of are blowing children to bits. But that's ok too huh. Maybe one day your sister will have the honor of being on the receiving end. Then what say you. Not much Im sure.

edit on 10-2-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

its all about 'safety' with these people. patriot act keeps you safe! NDAA keeps you SAFE! wars overseas keep you SAFE! yadda yadda yadda. Always the same excuse... 'Safety' Whats that quote?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty. - Benjamin Franklin

yea... Safety is the Trojan horse for a future tyrannical (if not now) government.

Here is the thing. If there some underlying motive behind these "incidents", I don't quite see this a political thing. Yes, it involves politics, but it isn't about politics. I think it is about money. There is so much money to be made in safety and security (as you have pointed out). A whole industry that spans from National Security to Prison-Systems to Homeland Security and Surveillance. That means products are constantly being made and pushed on the consumers (Government Agencies and the "consenting" Public). But if that product comes against opposition and a lot of capital (invested into a new "product" for research and development) is on the line, I wonder how far some CEO's and engineers would go to make sure that their services are always viewed as indispensable. Just my thoughts, I have no proof to back this up though. So, take it with a grain of salt. But in my experience, money gets things going more than anything else in this society.

-TheGhoster
edit on 10-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Doubt the small drone could be deployed in this weather:

Last night, America’s National Weather Centre warned that the hunt for Dorner could be further hampered by an expected snowfall of up to 6ins in the mountains. Wind gusts of up to 50mph are also forecast, creating an extreme wind-chill factor in the already freezing conditions.
Same source in the OP.

Also from the same source.

Asked directly if drones have already been deployed, Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”

using all the tools at their disposal... sounds like an admission of potentially using both types of drones.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
On some level, we all knew this is what it was going to come to...

Finding him is one thing but It's wrong if they kill him via drone.

He is a U.S. citizen and he deserves his due process.

If they kill him via drone strike prepare for all hell to break loose! I couldn't imagine a more perfect SHTF turning point.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I agree, and I highly doubt the military is selling their drones to police depts.

This is the Baddest drone the Police have at this moment..

www.psmag.com...

tazers and bean bags....

edit on 10-2-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Man, that sucks.

Reopen?

They must want to find him and compensate him for being an upstanding civil servant in the face of adversity?
Too bad they say his hands are bloody...like my boy Sammy here;

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Oh come on. Lets all jump on Hopechest's bandwagon. The drone wont kill him, don't be so ludicrous. It will merely impede him by firing Me To You bears and Hershey's Kisses. Well if they deploy the child friendly ones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join