It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could we have an ATS time format clock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
what i am thinking is that whenever i see time represented on ATS i have to try and figuar out what that is relitive to my own time frame.

could we have a clock that shows the date and time on ats and its offset to our "local time"
every time i see a post and look at when it was created, i must manually try to work out the time that particular post was made.

is there any possability of being able to "click" on the time stamps and have it revert back to my "local time clock" so i can quickly se how long ago a post was made?

notice the time offset compared to the bottom right hand corner where the windows clock is

or simply an icon that shows "night and day" as a reference synced to "my local time"
as a visual reference of some sort

just an idea

xploder

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In your profile you should set your time zone, then the times will match

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

ahhaa
so this will fix the time zones issue?

xploder

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

that worked,
thank you

it has always bothered me and now im glad i asked

i feel a bit silly lol

xploder

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

That function has never worked, every time we set it, it just displays a different timezone so most of us have given up bothering to reset it.

I remember a few years back I offered a "customised ATS clock" which was a skin used on the "ClocX" desktop clock addon for windows. I requested permission to post links to the files I created but was refused because it uses third party software. Fair-doos, but there have been many threads since that link to 3rd party software and I am frustrated every time I see them.

My clock(s) were never integrated with the site but would have made a great little addon and a great promotion for the site.

I don't even know if I have all the ATS clock files any more, but I do know that my favorite is still up for grabs and it has been used on my desktop for years... "nerb's alien clock" available here:

nerb's alien clock skin

Mods can delete this if they are truly paranoid but I DO NOT LINK TO ANY SOFTWARE, just my usable artwork.

If the site would like a design for an ATS clock I would be happy to develop artwork for it.

Cheers.
edit on 10/2/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join