Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ancient vedic text and extraterrestrials in Europe!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by FoosM
what i dont get is why this all has to be attributed to extra terrestrials.

I'm not sure why any of it isn't just attributed to mythical tales of kings, queens, magic, heroism and tragedy. That's what people have thought for centuries, as they told these tales round camp-fires and the like

The Tuatha Dé Danann were a mythical people who fought battles with swords, bows, shields and wizards - not with hi-tech weapons. Just because in one story a king gets a silver hand, he's suddenly a cyborg in the eyes of certain modern readers.

If you think of star-wars the Jedi largely live a simple life yet they have amazing technology actually the Vulcan also live a simple life yet have amazing technology. I think Earth was similar to this people lived simple lives yet they had this advanced knowledge that they had inherited which was not in the hands of the masses but the royalty only. That is clear in the vedic text, we don't have commoners flying around in vimana you have the royalty and the "gods"

The vimana that were made here on earth were made from wood and metal so primitive adaptions of advanced technology, lets remember that the first cars were made largely from wood with metal engines. The engine was the only part of the first cars that you could call technically advanced. Same with these vimana, they were made from a wooden frame with panels of metal covering that to form the body. The only technologically advanced bit was the working concept of its engine.

Think of the baghdad battery, its primitive as hell yet its a battery! the only thing advanced about it is the working concept behind it.
edit on 12-2-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by FoosM

Because the vedic text tell us that these danava came from another Lokas, fact is they are telling us that they were not from our Lokas and therefore we must regard them as extraterrestrials.

You know in our english language the word ALIEN can mean:

a foreigner.
or
a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Many people know of the flying machines known as vimana or ratha in ancient vedic text but they wrongly make the statement that Indians had flying machines. When we examine the text we find that these flying machines are attributed to a group of people not indigenous to India for example:

“When the Daityas were being slaughtered they again took to their vimana and, employing the Danava science, flew up into the sky” The Mahabharata text

“In the ninth to tenth centuries, Buddhasvamin wrote a version of the Brhat-kathd, a massive collection of popular stories. Buddhasvamin spoke of aerial vehicles as dkdsa-yantras, or sky-machines, and he attributed them to the YavanasÑa name often used for barbaric foreigners. It was quite common for flying machines and yantras in general to be attributed to the Yavanas in Sanskrit texts.”

The Yavanas are the Greeks, considered in the Vedas to be particularly clever peoples:

The word "Yona" in the Pali language, and the analogues "Yavana" in Sanskrit, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu and Tamil; and "Javanan" in Bengali, are words used in ancient India to designate Greek speakers. "Yona" and "Yavana" are both transliterations of the Greek word for "Ionians" (Homeric Greek: Iāones, Ancient Greek: *Iāwones), who were probably the first Greeks to be known in the East.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

If you think of star-wars the Jedi largely live a simple life yet they have amazing technology actually the Vulcan also live a simple life yet have amazing technology.

I was thinking more in terms of reality, rather than fiction.

Same with these vimana, they were made from a wooden frame with panels of metal covering that to form the body. The only technologically advanced bit was the working concept of its engine.

Sorry, I can't see any evidence of flying machines from this period with that incorporated engines, let alone the "working concept of its engine". They are described as magical contraptions:

"The Pushpaka chariot that resembles the Sun and belongs to my brother was brought by the powerful Ravana; that aerial and excellent chariot going everywhere at will .... that chariot resembling a bright cloud in the sky ... and the King [Rama] got in, and the excellent chariot at the command of the Raghira, rose up into the higher atmosphere.

I don't see any mention of the Carnot cycle.

Think of the baghdad battery, its primitive as hell yet its a battery!

The ones found could not even have for electroplating:

The bitumen completely covers the copper cylinder, electrically insulating it, so no current can be drawn without modifying the design.

There are no wires or conductors with them.

No electrical equipment is associated with them.

A bitumen seal, being thermoplastic, is excellent for forming a hermetic seal for long-term storage. It would be extremely inconvenient, however, for a galvanic cell, which would require frequent topping up of the electrolyte (if they were intended for extended use).

from the wiki

the only thing advanced about it is the working concept behind it.

Even if we accept that they used these devices for electroplating, there is no evidence that they understood any theory behind them. People worked from trial and error over long periods - technology usually advanced by accident.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

"O royal skilled engineer, construct sea-boats, propelled on water by our experts, and airplanes, moving and flying upward, after the clouds that reside in the mid-region, that fly as the boats move on the sea, that fly high over and below the watery clouds. Be thou, thereby, prosperous in this world created by the Omnipresent God, and flier in both air and lightening.
(Yajur Veda, 10.19)

"Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth."
The Samarangana Sutradhara en.wikipedia.org...

The last quote speaks about the "engine" ie a mercury vortex device

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Not the same, saying someone comes from another Lokas means exactly that, they are not from earth or they are not from our reality.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I think I remember reading that Plato said the Atlanteans overcame all nations but in the end the only peoples who could stop them were the ancient Greeks.

The war between the asuras and the Devas could have been between the Danavas (asuras) and the ancient Greeks.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Luxus. Just wanted to drop in, let you know how very much I've been enjoying your thread. You have done an outstanding job, of presenting some incredibly interesting material. I appreciate how well you tend your threads. Always adding more subject matter, even if speculative some times....just love it all Luxus.....

Back to lurking and and gobbling up the the tasty mental bits you bring to the table...

Des

edit on 12-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Its interesting to know that Osiris is more correctly known as king assur who arrived in Egypt with the other nine neteru in his solar ship. The edfu text says he came from the Island of conflict, the island of tramplings or the pay lands.

source on this? i know it says edfu texts.. im just having trouble finding anything on this..and would love to read more about it

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Yes I mentioned some Indians scholars reject that view,however what to make of the mass graves hastely thrown together or unburied

Not to mention the abusive language seemed to fit the above.
Mohenjo mass graves

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

When there is a drought/no water supply the older people die off quickly plus the fact that when a river dries up cleanliness declines and as a result disease is rampant. Obviously they can examine those skeletons and easily determine if they died as a result of battle. Also I have seen graves like that and when they examined them they found them to be highly radioactive, obviously modern archeologists don't like to explain how that happened because it opens up a can of worms their not comfortable dealing with.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Also I have seen graves like that and when they examined them they found them to be highly radioactive,

Really? I can find no source for this, apart from various fringe history sites passing it around this story without reference to any original findings.

Who took these radioactivity readings? Exactly what were the levels of radiation? Where can I read the published paper? Who has reproduced the results?

Only 37 bodies werer found at Mohenjo-daro, and these existed at various levels of strata - suggesting that they may well have lived and died hundreds of years apart, not all at once.

Also, how did 15" high mud walls survive a nuclear blast? There should be nothing left of the place, let alone mud walls.

As evidence of an ancient nuclear blast, it is very weak indeed.
edit on 12/2/13 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

You can get a translation of the edfu text for example "the mythical origin of the Egyptian Temple" by E.A.E. Reymond.

One of the most common depictions of Osiris is him with the other neteru arriving in Egypt in his solar boat.
I have read the translation of the edfu text and it talks about a battle in the land of conflict (hence the name), the destruction of the temple of the hawk, and subsequently arriving in Egypt with the other neteru.

Herodotus wrote that Sais is where the grave of Osiris is which is in north Egypt at the mouth of the Nile delta.

The oldest architecture is in the north not the south and definitely not in kush

The Greeks, such as Herodotus, Plato and Diodorus Siculus, identified her with Athena and hence postulated a primordial link to Athens. Diodorus recounts that Athena built Sais before the deluge that supposedly destroyed Athens and Atlantis. While all Greek cities were destroyed during that cataclysm, the Egyptian cities including Sais survived.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I think I remember reading that Plato said the Atlanteans overcame all nations but in the end the only peoples who could stop them were the ancient Greeks.

The war between the asuras and the Devas could have been between the Danavas (asuras) and the ancient Greeks.

No wonder the Greeks beat Atlantis. After all, Atlantis didn't have an air force.

Isn't that what you're saying?

Are you aware that Ionians are not Athenians and Plato's story involved the Athenians?

It's possible that some of the many cultures mentioned in the Vedas originated from around the area of Ionia or Pelloponese or even what we call mainland Greece (Balkan area.) But they didn't have vimanas, now, did they? There's no mention of it in Greek mythology, yet here are the Hindus claiming the Greeks invented the things.

How is this possible?

Answer - it's not.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Here is one such study
ie.lbl.gov...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

No wonder the Greeks beat Atlantis. After all, Atlantis didn't have an air force.

Isn't that what you're saying?

No its not what I'm saying, what i'm saying is that they must have had equal footing technologically with Atlantis so was able to stop them in their tracks.

According to the latter, the war between the Titans and Olympians raged on for ten years in a sort of stalemate, until Zeus "no longer restrained his soul, but straightway his mind was filled with fury and he showed forth all his might." His bolts "flew near at hand" with thunder and with lightning, while in his hands he was "rolling a holy flame." It crashed as it "burned the life-giving earth," and the "infinite wood cried aloud with fire." The oceans "seethed and boiled" as volcanoes (Cottus, Briareus and Gyes) hurled rocks by the hundreds. Once defeated, the warlike Titans are bound and imprisoned forever in Tartarus, a mythological prison far beneath the "waves of the restless ocean" in the far West. The hint is given that "divine weapons"—given to Zeus by Kyklopes and Hekatoncheires—turned the tide against the Titans.

www.atlantisquest.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Destinyone, I'm happy your enjoying my hard work lol

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Here is one such study
ie.lbl.gov...

Have you read this? It has nothing to do with India, let alone Mohenjo and the graves you were referring to. It definitely has nothing to do with ancient nuclear weapons:

Our research indicates that the entire
Great Lakes region (and beyond) was
subjected to particle bombardment and a
catastrophic nuclear irradiation that produced secondary thermal neutrons from
cosmic ray interactions.

It is hypothesising about the effects of a supernova on North America in 12,500 BP.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

Not the same, saying someone comes from another Lokas means exactly that, they are not from earth or they are not from our reality.

You cant know that.
Thats impossible, you are not from that time.
You don't know what through history, through the culture and time context of the writers,
what was meant by that word.

Just like we have no idea what the original words were meant in the bible.
We dont know the context of the word Jehova. We dont know what language
that word came from, or its meaning.

And we have always made up stories. Look how much fiction surrounds us in the form of
movies, books, games, plays, etc. But everything that we get from ancient cultures was
written as fact, or to be taken literally? Seriously? You could be reading science fiction
of the past.

Its nice to use our ability to fantasize fantastic imaginations of our past.
Alien visitations, and super advanced societies, etc. But the reality is probably
more boring.

'

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah, explain vitrified rock forts and pottery? People have tried to recreate it with wood fires, so far everyone has failed to replicate it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join