Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ancient vedic text and extraterrestrials in Europe!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It was stated earlier that originally the danava were good and were devotees of lord Shiva. If this is indeed so we would expect the ancient Irish and Celts in general to also be devotees of lord Shiva, is there any case for this?

Above is said to be the oldest image of Shiva in existence, some experts call it proto Shiva. He is shown as a yogi seated among wild animals. In this form Shiva is called Shiva pashupati (lord of the beasts). It was found during excavations in the Indus Vally civilization. If danavans are responsible for the Indus Vally civilization we would expect to see their brothers in Ireland worshiping a similar god

The druids were the priestly cast among the Celts but who did they worship ?

O god of druids, my god above all (other) gods, breath-blast, breath-blast on it, breath-blast beneath it. By the essences of rowans* to engreen, but by the wooden-poems (fiadhrádh*) of rowans* to wither, yet speedily a glowing of decay grown from a humble spark. Cut (them) short, O fog of rowan*, keen, O fog of rowan*. O Skill of druids, I sorcerize you. O Power of Cormac, I vanquish you. Cecht, Cruit, Cithra (the enemy druids), I sorcerize you into stones.

From the above we see that the druids had "a god above all other gods, who was he?

O Spectre of stags* of great knowledge, O Man whose sight is in visions of Ireland of many byred calms, God of requests beside me, O Stag*, hooves sharp as swords to antler-points white-silver, pig* of the wilds fresh green terrible, fair cow* of red-speckled* ear-points, the trinity who do not scrutinize, cow* and great pig* of keen sight, fierce stag* of divine possessions, glorious, free of the restraint of crowds, who sing together, have advanced together to our harbour of complete attentions. O father of mine, pledged to his people forever, The veils are removed, by the source of great wisdom keenly seen, upon song from out of the magical mists of prophecy.

www.imbas.org...

Their god was a Stag god called Cernunnos the Stag Lord, lord of the beasts just like the proto Shiva he is a horned god sitting in a yogic posture seated among wild animals ie the Irish Druids worshiped the same god as the aryans in the Indus Vally. Note in the above text the Druid describes the stag god "O father of mine, pledged to his people forever"

edit on 11-2-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I just have a quick, but important question: Were vimanas mentioned in the Vedas or the Puranas? I always thought vimanas were part of the Puranic tradition--not the Vedas

Can you confirm whether mention of vimanas is Vedic, Puranic, or perhaps both?

This would be very important because the Vedas and the Puranas are essentially 2 different schools of Hindu thought; think old testament vs. new testament.

You can see why I'm confused when you mention the Vedas, but cite Mahabharata. Thanks in advance for clarifying. This is a fascinating subject that has always interested me.
edit on 11-2-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
On Yogeesh (the guy in the video):

Although the guy in the video might genuinely believe what he is saying. The truth is what he is saying about the moon having an atmosphere is simply not true.

Although there are some signs that the moon may have once had a magnetic field that would have helped protect an atmosphere, the moon doesn't have enough mass to therefore have enough gravity to therefore hold the air molecules down in order to keep an atmosphere from just blowing away in the first place.

seds.org...

-Alien

I'm guessing from studying vedic text he knows that the danava are from another Lokas from Earth and somehow he has come to the conclusion that it must be the Moon. I think I understand how he came to that conclusion but you would need to ask him. Atal Loka is the next Loka to planet earth so I guess he reasoned that the moon is the next planetary body to earth so it must mean that. Im sure his knowledge of the vedas is way in advanced of mine so perhaps he knows of text I don't know about.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Vimana are found in the Rig veda, Mahabharata, the Ramayana and the Puranas.

Jalayan- A vehicle designed to operate in air and water. (Rig Veda 6.58.3)

Kaara - A vehicle that operates on ground and water. (Rig Veda 9.14.1)

Trichakra Ratha - A three wheeled vehicle designed to operate in the air (Rig Veda 4.36.1)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Vimana are found in the Rig veda, Mahabharata, the Ramayana and the Puranas.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I appreciate your knowledge of the Hindu lore, history, and traditions.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The greatest revelation of all this is that Extraterrestrials DID visit our planet in antiquity, they taught humans to build pyramid shaped temples, there were flying machines and that these extraterrestrials mated with humans and some of us carry their dna....I suggest that we need to examine Royal blood to isolate this extraterrestrial dna
edit on 11-2-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
S&F and all that jazz.

I love the idea of ancient technology. It just makes life/history feel more interesting I think. I have been meaning to do some reading on ancient India and this thread got me motivated. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
all i know is that vedic comes from the book called vede,and in south slavic or bosnian serbo-croatien vid means sight and videti means to see,then the vinca culture in pre historic times on those there lands
earliest forms of writing are found in the vinca culture and i think that its all conected,many say they brought all the vedic texts to india and left them there and they themselfs are descendents of some ancient extra terestrials,archons?

im native bosnian,i know the language,its something worth knowing i can tell you that,you gain a much deeper understanding of history ,then i also speak german so that helps tremendously,especialy in understanding the nuts and bolts of english.And this all spawend from one source,thats the mistery.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've S&Fed this thread when it first started, but didn't really read it until just now... and I'm completely confused.
Maybe I've watched something related in Ancient Aliens but I've forgotten it all.

In ancient Irish text these danava are called Tuatha Dé Danann which essentially means the same thing. They are presented in Irish text as being technologically very advanced for example Nuada who was the son of Danu and a king among the Tuatha Dé Danann lost his hand at the battle of Magh Tuireadh only to be replaced by a mechanical hand made from silver, after this he was called Nuada of the silver hand.

My biggest question is, how do we know the Tuatha Dé Danann are indeed the Danava?

Don't get me wrong; I think this is an awesome thread, but I don't think I understand it completely.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StumpDrummer

Just a hunch, and I can double-check this, but I'm guessing those scans wouldn't work. I'm thinking if there were any Earthly metals, they would have too much rust/corrosion and have turned into sediment at the bottom of all the oceans (having spread all over from currents), and there's really not a scan that could find evidence of that. If, however, Atlantis was made of stones (which is probably far more likely), then people could easily scan around for that.

Although, we haven't managed to explore all the depths of Earth's oceans, because our machines implode. I'm not sure where Atlantis would really be, or if it would even be intact or anything. It's so ancient if it even exists, that it has also probably turned mostly into sediment. You wouldn't find a heck of a lot of evidence, since water is the universal solvent and leading cause for erosion, I believe. But if you do a Google search, you can find lots of small evidence in multiple locations across the globe which makes me think that there were several advanced cities like Atlantis, with Atlantis basically being the religious capital.

I also wonder if maybe Cthulu was the ancient humanoids' depiction of a collossal squid or some similar "pre-historic" beast. Ryleh could easily be the name of another ancient city similar to Atlantis.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

The "royal" bloodline (which I think is a messed up way to maintain control; being born into rule) is connected to Vlad Tepes/Vlad Dracul/Vlad The Impaler/"Dracula" so maybe vampires are actually descendants of aliens? o.O

That could also easily explain werewolves, though they'd likely be from a different alien ancestry. And creaturs like Bigfoot or The Chupacabra could be the aliens' attempt to mate with other species (like a gorilla and a dog or some such). Seems highly unlikely unless you consider Occam's Razor...which basically means the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia
I've S&Fed this thread when it first started, but didn't really read it until just now... and I'm completely confused.
Maybe I've watched something related in Ancient Aliens but I've forgotten it all.

In ancient Irish text these danava are called Tuatha Dé Danann which essentially means the same thing. They are presented in Irish text as being technologically very advanced for example Nuada who was the son of Danu and a king among the Tuatha Dé Danann lost his hand at the battle of Magh Tuireadh only to be replaced by a mechanical hand made from silver, after this he was called Nuada of the silver hand.

My biggest question is, how do we know the Tuatha Dé Danann are indeed the Danava?

Don't get me wrong; I think this is an awesome thread, but I don't think I understand it completely.

Because they are both the descendents of the goddess Danu, their descendents both worship the same god ie lord of the beasts who later developed into lord Shiva in India. They both come from the netherworld and both their homelands sank beneath the waves...their story is the same in every respect.

The Danavas were the sons of Danu, who in turn was a daughter of Daksha. Danu is connected with the waters of heavens and she is probably associated with the formless, primordial waters that existed prior to the creation. The name is connected with the PIE root *danu,"river" or "any flowing liquid". The Danavas revolted against the Devtas under the leadership of Bali[1] and others, but were defeated.[2] In the Rig Veda, nearly all the demons described as being defeated by the Devas are Danavas. After their defeat, the Danavas were cast into the deepest oceans and locked there forever by Indra,[1] or sometimes Rudra.[3]

The Tuatha Dé Danann ("peoples of the goddess Danu", Modern Irish pronunciation: [t̪ˠuːəhə dʲeː d̪ˠan̪ˠən̪ˠ], Old Irish: [t̪uːaθa d̪ʲeː d̪an̪an̪]) are a race of people in Irish mythology. In the invasions tradition which begins with the Lebor Gabála Érenn, they are the fifth group to settle Ireland, conquering the island from the Fir Bolg. The Tuatha Dé Danann are thought to derive from the pre-Christian deities of Ireland.
edit on 12-2-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
I can't help but notice that the center of that machine in the diagram looks like a prayer mosque. What if prayer mosques were patterned after these machines? .

Well, if it does then you have cause and effect the wrong way round. That diagram is from the Vaimanika Shastra - which was written between 1918 and 1923, and it wasn't published until 1959. The diagram was in fact added later, by T. K. Ellappa, a draughtsman at an engineering college in Bangalore.

A 1974 study by researchers at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore found that the heavier-than-air aircraft that the Vaimanika Shastra described were aeronautically unfeasible. The authors remarked that the discussion of the principles of flight in the text were largely perfunctory and incorrect, in some cases violating Newton's laws of motion. The study concluded:

Any reader by now would have concluded the obvious – that the planes described above are the best poor concoctions, rather than expressions of something real. None of the planes has properties or capabilities of being flown; the geometries are unimaginably horrendous from the point of view of flying; and the principles of propulsion make them resist rather than assist flying. The text and the drawings do not correlate with each other even thematically. The drawings definitely point to a knowledge of modern machinery. This can be explained on the basis of the fact that Shri Ellappa who made the drawings was in a local engineering college and was thus familiar with names and details of some machinery.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

While lite-skinned European like folks lived anciently in China and India that's a far cry from them building pyramids and building Mohenjo Daro/Harappa matter of fact it was more likely that they destroyed Mohenjo Daro than built it,for it is far more likely that the builders were the dark-haired dark-skinned folks still present in the area.

I am sure many of you are familiar with this Vedic passage
In the Rig Veda,the ayran invaders gave their own testimony regarding their bitter war upon the Harappan foe,Known to them as Dasas and described as "dark and Ill favored,bull-lipped,snub nosed worshippers of the phallus...they are rich in cattle and dwell in fortified places called Pur.
Wayne B .Chandler

weather the above actually took place some (Indian historians discount that such an invasion took place)that fact remains that that's how they viewed their neighbors

"When the son[ Parsava] was born,the thrones of all the Indras trembled,and the gods understood that the Lord had seen the light of day.with pomp they descended for the celebration of the second Kalyana,'the salutary event of the savior's birth.'The child was of a beautiful blue black complexion.,grew rapidly in beauty and young in strength.
Zimmer the Philosophies of India.
The same story came out of Sumer
Lament For Urim

The scorching potsherds made the dust glow (?) -- the people groan. He swept the winds over the black-headed people -- the people groan. Sumer was overturned by a snare -- the people groan. It attacked (?) the Land and devoured it completely. Tears cannot influence the bitter storm -- the people groan.

The Land's judgment disappeared -- the people groan. The Land's counsel was swallowed by a swamp -- the people groan. The mother absconded before her child's eyes -- the people groan. The father turned away from his child -- the people groan. In the city the wife was abandoned, the child was abandoned, possessions were scattered about. The black-headed people were carried off from their strongholds. Its queen like a bird in fright departed from her city. Ningal like a bird in fright departed from her city. All the treasures accumulated in the Land were defiled. In all the storehouses abounding in the Land fires were kindled. In its ponds Gibil, the purifier, relentlessly did his work

The storm which knows no mother, the storm which knows no father, the storm which knows no wife, the storm which knows no child, the storm which knows no sister, the storm which knows no brother, the storm which knows no neighbour, the storm which knows no female companion, the storm which caused the wife to be abandoned, which caused the child to be abandoned, the storm which caused the light in the Land to disappear, the storm which swept through, ordered in hate by Enlil -- father Nanna, may that storm swoop down no more on your city. May your black-headed people see it no more.

411-416May that storm, like rain pouring down from heaven, never recur. May that storm, which struck down all the black-headed living beings of heaven and earth, be entirely destroyed. May the door be closed on it, like the great city-gate at night-time. May that storm not be given a place in the reckoning, may its record be hung from a nail outside the house of Enlil.
41710th kirugu.
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...
See entire text interesting read.
What I am getting at is there was some mass movement of folks coming out Europe that they were Chariot riders and tremendously war like,only one nation could stop them and that was Egypt or Kemet,under Merneptah,but a portion of them did succeed in taking northern Kemet you might recognized them as the Hyksos again horse riding charioteers.

As for Osiris's origins he and the rest of the Gods came from the upper Nile and great Lakes region.

One of the early states on the Nile that pre-dates the unification of Kemet this was A group culture Ta-Seti Nubia.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thanks for the clarification. It makes sense now.

There was also a race in Chinese mythology which made flying chariots. They are called the Jigong (a.k.a. Yelang or Yuren). There seems to be no info on their origins or end. What we do know, according to Shanhai Jing and Bowu Zhi, are these:

-They built their country on a windy hill 40k li from Yumen Pass (probably in present-day Guizhou, Sichuan or Yunnan)
-They built a lot of windmills
-They built flying chariots and were skilled at catching birds
-They had three eyes and one arm each.
-They could visit Yuzhou, China, when the winds were strong enough. Tang of Shang broke their chariots and repatriated Jigongs in China back to their country.

They were an amazing people and Guo Pu, the father of feng shui, also wrote, 'the craftsmanship of the Jigong is amazing!' Do you think they may be related? Maybe there was contact between the Jigong and the Danava?
edit on 12-2-2013 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
what i dont get is why this all has to be attributed to extra terrestrials.

why cant these be advanced humans civilizations that rise and fall and rise?

If you take a look at our world, we have variations in technology and culture.
We have mega cities supported by advanced technology co-existing with
small tribes using rudimentary tools. These tribes or basic cultures are
exposed or aware of our modern technology and civilizations,
so they can describe it, but they dont adopt it. And they probably describe us in
their context.

I think when civilizations fall, its these tribes that know
how to live off their piece of land, that become descendants for future civilizations.

So what we read from the past are descriptions of advanced civilizations coming into
contact with basic civilizations. And as usual, wars and greed destroy the advanced
civilizations and the cycle repeats.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

star for you
and what i dont get is why the out-there connection between Ancient india and ireland.
the reason for the similarities is clear, there cultures come from the same ultimate homeland and therefor bear the same blueprint of the long distant past, ie: highly similar psychological archetypes for some deities and the same etymological roots for their language. that is what produces the similarities, not some mythological lineage made up through misunderstandings of history and myth.
a lot more research into both irish myth and legend as well as the languages and material culture of indo european groups would clear all that up, but i doubt thats gonna be recognised in this thread, so i'm out

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
reply to post by LUXUS

While lite-skinned European like folks lived anciently in China and India that's a far cry from them building pyramids and building Mohenjo Daro/Harappa matter of fact it was more likely that they destroyed Mohenjo Daro than built it,for it is far more likely that the builders were the dark-haired dark-skinned folks still present in the area.

Its well known now that what destroyed the indus vally civilization is the drying up of the river which all the settlements were based around. Geologists have matched the river drying up with the period that the civilization comes to an end and it was not due to any battle is certain.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
what i dont get is why this all has to be attributed to extra terrestrials.

I'm not sure why any of it isn't just attributed to mythical tales of kings, queens, magic, heroism and tragedy. That's what people have thought for centuries, as they told these tales round camp-fires and the like

The Tuatha Dé Danann were a mythical people who fought battles with swords, bows, shields and wizards - not with hi-tech weapons. Just because in one story a king gets a silver hand, he's suddenly a cyborg in the eyes of certain modern readers.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Because the vedic text tell us that these danava came from another Lokas, fact is they are telling us that they were not from our Lokas and therefore we must regard them as extraterrestrials. Irish text also mention that they were otherworldly.

Fact is we have clues of an advanced civilization with nuclear capability existing on this planet because of sites of extreme unnatural radiation, skeletons that are radioactive and vitrified (melted) rock. Why don't we find bits of machinery? Most people say oh well they would have all rusted away by now...not true they would have used metals such as nickel steel as we do, aluminum, glass...none of those things will rust away. We should be digging up this stuff allover the place if our ancestors were advanced enough to make nuclear weapons. The reason why we are not yet at the same time have evidence of advanced technology is because their civilization did not start on earth and they brought their technology with them.

edit on 12-2-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join