It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my cell phone tapped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Usually I don’t talk on my cellphone much other than business talk, reason being I simply do not have the time. I spend the majority of my day dealing with my business (I’m self-employed). Recently my cousin and I began talking about government issues, gun control, etc, etc. By recently I mean over the past week. Since then my phone began crashing, restarting, and just tonight when we were texting the keys would not work. I have not experienced any issues with my phone, or previous phone that I have owned. I find it extremely odd. Has anyone else experienced this?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Your not the only one with strange phone issues...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Buy yourself a new cheap cellphone and use a pay as you go SIM and stop mentioning keywords in your conversations and don't use your present phone to inform your contacts of your new number .
edit on 10-2-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Eavesdropping on cell phone conversations is pretty trivial but if you are being surveilled it wouldn't make much sense to mess with the functionality of your phone.

Sounds like your phone is dying/dead.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Watch out for battery not lasting as long as it should. It could indicate that its being used like a microphone to listen to you.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
'All' phone activity goes through a filter 'echelon'

i doubt they consider you a threat,depends how completely useless you consider 'them' to be of course

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
King Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun"

Telephones have been tapped since the beginning of phone use.

The moral of the story is; Do not ever say anything while talking on the phone that you would not mind seeing on the front page of the daily newspaper.

Just think of your land line or cell phone as a huge ear and anybody that wanted to, could hear your words.

Oh and if whispering, cover you mouth as to shield it from cameras as your lips can be read easily by those so inclined.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

"Is my cell phone tapped?"

Probably not, but tech does exist to listen in, I would hope with the proper warrants, but you never know....

news.cnet.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You need to ask yourself if you really think your important enough for them to spend the man hours paying someone to listen to you.

I know I'm not, but hey, if they want to pay someone 45 k a year to listen to me talk I would consider that a boost to my ego.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UnchainedFreeman

We're also infamous for terminating the accounts of liars as is posted prominently in our T&Cs:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

We do not upload "trackers" and we don't "sell user data."

Goodbye.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
start talking about bombs and drug deals and hits and you will be . well someones got to keep the feds in work and allways carry a rucksack and send at least a dozen dodgy texts a day

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
Usually I don’t talk on my cellphone much other than business talk, reason being I simply do not have the time. I spend the majority of my day dealing with my business (I’m self-employed). Recently my cousin and I began talking about government issues, gun control, etc, etc. By recently I mean over the past week. Since then my phone began crashing, restarting, and just tonight when we were texting the keys would not work. I have not experienced any issues with my phone, or previous phone that I have owned. I find it extremely odd. Has anyone else experienced this?

what kind of phone is it and if it is a smart phone do you power it down?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Why in the world would "they" trash you phone via wiretap if "they" wanted to listen to your phone calls?

top topics

join