It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Everyone ,Looking Forward to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hello, I've hoped to find a site like this that gives me a chance to speak my mind and get feed back from others.
I have a couple topics to discuss I feel are very important and cant wait to get started. I look forward to making new friends too and see whats going on. This site is huge, theres a world to learn .Im not sure how I start but hopefully someone out there can lend a hand and get me started.
About me, I'm 53 and live in Colorado and love it. My fatrher was a hard core Christian, and my mother was an athiest. I was also the middle child.I started college this year and Im studying audio production for Radio and TV.
So Please , Introduce yourself and say hi!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amestang

hi, dude,, Colorado sounds like a cool place,, arent there like mountains there?
Finland says hi!
there is nothing on this earth that i dont find interesting

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family. You sound like you'll fit in well here....

Des

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm in my fifties too. Hello and welcome!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hello again, thanks for welcoming me. I joined this site cause of an essay I wrote recently in colloge. Oh yea, by the way, we do have mountains in colorado. Colorado Springs has everything were on the pikes peak front range. Anyway,.. I joined after an essay I wrote about Blind Faith in religion and how dangerous it is for the world.But the essay was mostly about my dad,being a christian(completely devoted,brainwashed) and my mom an athiest. How my dad left to be with Jesus and all his faith. Im neither religious or athiest.
Im really tired of people arguing and wasting energy debating over god and the bible and Ive always had a common sense theory that allows a god and science. To prove there is a god or not is impossible but these brain dead bible thumpers wont listen to anything. But I do listen to both sides and remain bias.

So, Ive been doing my homework to back up my theory of electromagnetic energy and how it seems to be the only scientific, and spiritual link that would explain alot. So I searched for a place I could find open minds and get some feed back on it. I'd really enjoy hearing what others have to say and my hopes are the theory would at least give something to talk about. I know it sounds like a long shot but what else is there?

Its crazy to think I could change the world, but if people would at least entertain any idea outside the box , and if enough people talked about it, who knows? There has to be some catalyst that exists to make both sides at least agree onsomething .Im not sure this is where I start talking about it, or if anyone is even interested in hearing it. Or if its already out there ,I would like to be part of going a new direction.

Im lost in this site.Its huge. I might not even find my way back to this page.LOL! Anyone interested?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Hi from Montreal and Welcome to ATS, Amestang !

Like you, in my fifties, my father was also a fanatic Christian...

I am sure some members would like to hear about your essay, perhaps I might suggest making a thread in the Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics Board and see how it goes? Here's a link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have fun & enjoy !!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks again for the warm welcome. I tried that link but it wont let me start a new thread .I like some of the profiles on here though.
The link Philosophy and Meta,.. has some interesting conversation topics and I'm guessing a person could easily get lost for days, or at least hours. I'm looking forward to exploring, learning, and hopefully helping anyone I can. I'm no expert on religion or science technically, but Im very familiar with blind faith (Ostrich's) and I want to see if I can help. If I can make a difference in at least one soul, then all my reseach and work will be very rewarding.

Thanks again

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by amestang

Welcome to Ats and see you around the forum.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I tried that link but it wont let me start a new thread .

You need 20 posts before you can start your own thread. You'll see, 20 posts come really fast and once you're there, give it a try again...

new topics

top topics

join